Ipswich vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 26/09/09, 5:30 KO, Live on BBC2

Ash

I cant believe people are still putting Lovenkrands on the wing, WHY? Seriously lads, even Lua Lua would do a better job there

Haven't seen him play there since last season. Heard was wasn't doing a good job, but Hughton would never put Lualua there instead right now!

--------------------Harper--------------------

---R Taylor---S Taylor--Colo---Enrique---

----Geremi---Nolan-----Smith---Loven----

---------Carroll-----------Harewood---------

Can't see how it could be anything else with the injuries and suspensions, though I kind of expect Hughton to start Harewood from the bench, put Nolan up front playing just in behind Carroll and play Butt in midfield.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Almost certainly:

Harper

R.Taylor        S.Taylor        Coloccini    Enrique

Geremi          Butt            Smith          Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Harewood will start from the bench.

I think Hughton signed Lovenkrands as a winger and that's where we'll (Unfortunately) be seeing him play in the future

Guest toonlass

I cant believe people are still putting Lovenkrands on the wing, WHY? Seriously lads, even Lua Lua would do a better job there

Jackie Milburn would do a better job there, tbh. Lovenkrands is not, and has never been a winger. Why Hughton cannot accept that is beyond me.

Guest toonlass

I'd have him down there for the simple fact he's quick and left-footed, tbh.

He is not a left-winger, he is wasted on the left wing. You might as well play with 10 men.

Guest toonlass

Where as Kevin Nolan's great left foot and blistering pace is the much better option?

About the same imo. Will probably produce the same thing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's quick off the ball but on the ball he is quite slow. He's not one who can carry the ball at the same pace he runs. Terribly wasted out wide. I can't wait until Jonas is back but knowing Hughton he'll just play Jonas on the right and Lovenkrands on the left

He's quick off the ball but on the ball he is quite slow. He's not one who can carry the ball at the same pace he runs. Terribly wasted out wide. I can't wait until Jonas is back but knowing Hughton he'll just play Jonas on the right and Lovenkrands on the left

I said this last week, he's slower on the ball than Peter Ramage.

I totally forgot Colo can play right back, that's where he plays (when he plays) for Argentina. I think if we are going to play Kzikfbvkjhkjhekjhbvhlhv at the back, I would prefer him central and Colo RB. Colo likes to get forward and play football, which I don't like him doing from CB.

I totally forgot Colo can play right back, that's where he plays (when he plays) for Argentina. I think if we are going to play Kzikfbvkjhkjhekjhbvhlhv at the back, I would prefer him central and Colo RB. Colo likes to get forward and play football, which I don't like him doing from CB.

when will this stupid nonsense cease?

I think people are showing far too much disrespect to Hughton assuming that he'll go with Butt. He's been the first managed pretty much since Souness dumped him on Birmingham that's actuallly not used him as first choice. I can see Geremi and Lovenkrands on the flanks, Nolan and Smith in the centre with Carroll and either Ranger or Harewood depending on fitness.

Guest Roger Kint

Spelling of Zurab was the closest bit to reality ;D

steven taylor was our best right back last season and yes that includes beye.

steven taylor was our best right back last season and yes that includes beye.

At times. He did very well going forward towards the end of the season but I'm less confident in him defensively from that position, there were a number of goals leaked from that flank when he was there. One that springs to mind is Everton away, when all the talk was of what a fantastic game he'd had, but we'd conceded two goals from their left wing.

I could say the same about many of your posts, but I tend not to slag off other people's opinion. It's rude and immature. I am neither. It's just an opinion. I would prefer both Colo & Zurab at RB ahead of Raylor.

I could say the same about many of your posts, but I tend not to slag off other people's opinion. It's rude and immature. I am neither.

He's very protective of Coloccini. Just ignore it.

I could say the same about many of your posts, but I tend not to slag off other people's opinion. It's rude and immature. I am neither.

He's very protective of Coloccini. Just ignore it.

Ye he's a good player (when he has his head switched on). I just think we would keep the ball a little better without Raylor in the team. Which is essential away from home.

EDIT: Just realised though, with Guthrie and Barton out, if we were to drop Raylor we would have to rely on Geremi from set plays. His inability to beat the first man when taking corners infuriates me (yes I know he did it last week!).