Megastructures: Built from Disaster: CH5 8PM tonight

Tooj

Stadiums 

How tragic events at sports stadiums, including Valley Parade in Bradford, Ibrox in Glasgow and the Hillsborough disaster in Sheffield, have influenced modern engineering. With the main dangers identified as fire, structural collapse and crowd control, architects talk about the safety features that have been incorporated into the designs for new venues, including the Nou Mestalla in Valencia, Spain

Was at Bradfords ground a few months before that.

Its no surprise Our West stand was knocked down within a couple of years, that was a disaster waiting to happen. It was all wood apart from the big tin roof.

Caught the last 5 minutes. While I was eating me curry ;) Seemed quite good.

Would've seen all of it but my wife and daughter were watching those pompous pricks on Masterchef insrtead.

Would've seen all of it but my wife and daughter were watching those pompous pricks on Masterchef insrtead.

Master chef is awesome.

Its no surprise Our West stand was knocked down within a couple of years, that was a disaster waiting to happen. It was all wood apart from the big tin roof.

the league cup game ? i was there. sounds bizzarre but it could have been worse as there was a load of welding gear and a paint store in the end we were in.

Master chef is awesome.

I like it, don't really know what baldy shouty brings to the table though.

the league cup game ? i was there. sounds bizzarre but it could have been worse as there was a load of welding gear and a paint store in the end we were in.

aye that was the game, Mad,... there were manholes with the covers off, and i saw at least one fan fall down one.  ( only leg deep like)