Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

10-15 goals in 3 months for Harewood, you should have a job at the NoTW coming out with such tripe.

Nolan has 6 so far. He also qualifies for 15 games before the loans up assuming it ends in January so I'd shut up with your tripe if I was you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You realise Kevin Nolan scored a hat-trick today right?

Do you not think a one in one ratio is asking a bit much?

I said 10-15. He'll get at least 1 in 2 I reckon.

One in two would be about seven.

When the players are arsed, we can destroy teams in this division. Even half-arsed we are hard to beat, and there were definitely a few times in that match we were below par on the ball, although defensive play more than made up for it.

Harper - 5 - Nothing to do, so can't really give him any credit as I could have played in goal and kept a clean sheet here.

Mr K - 8 - Very impressive debut

S Taylor - 7 - Solid

Colo - 8 - Composed

Enrique - 6 - Defensively good but he was half arsed on the ball today

R Taylor - 7 - Solid in midfield, got a goal and a couple of crucial crosses

Smith - 7 - Has really settled into the holding role

Butt - 0 - Please retire

Nolan - 10 - Excelled in all areas of the pitch

Carroll - 6 - Worked hard, got an assist but would have liked to see him involved more up front.

Ranger - 7 - Good touches, good strength and a handful. What this lad needs is a proper manager to work with him one-to-one to transform his potential into an effective striker.

Lovenkrands - 4 - A shadow

Harewood - 6 - Should fit in well here.

Donaldson - 6 - Sensible performance, hopefully will do wonders for his confidence.

Not really, It's f***ing obvious 15 games is 7-8. Jesus, some of you are so desperate to try and look clever.

Yes, so seeing 10-15 goals from him is quite optimistic, don't you think?

Probably is aye, but then most on here expected to lose when Butt was named today, I was nigh alone in thinking we could really hammer them.

Guest striker990

It was a truly masterful performance I thought. Even the players you expect to play appallingly such as Butt and Colo had good games. I thought Zurab looked good and he is going to be a masterful player working down that right side, and as we seen he fits into the centre too. Good buy, lets hope that his loan gets extended or becomes permanent.

I hope someone will doctor Steve Harpers only save of the game; with the sound of a tree being felled and a cry of "tiiimmmbbeeerrrrrrr!" in the background.

Laughed myself silly at Keano's face as well, fucking priceless.

I hope someone will doctor Steve Harpers only save of the game; with the sound of a tree being felled and a cry of "tiiimmmbbeeerrrrrrr!" in the background.

Laughed myself silly at Keano's face as well, fucking priceless.

I thought Keane was going to lamp someone in the crowd when he was walking off at the end, he just stopped and gave them a stare for afew seconds!

It was a truly masterful performance I thought. Even the players you expect to play appallingly such as Butt and Colo had good games. I thought Zurab looked good and he is going to be a masterful player working down that right side, and as we seen he fits into the centre too. Good buy, lets hope that his loan gets extended or becomes permanent.

:facepalm:

Why would anyone expect Colo to play appallingly? He's looked brilliant since the Brom game

By his standards, aye. He's been an asset and an important player but he hasn't performed brilliantly for us since he hit a good spell under Kinnear Oct/Nov time last year. He's still making the same fundamental errors which piss people off. Getting the wrong side of his man. Wayward slide tackles. Heading it straight back to the opposition. And i mean, what the fuck was that at the end against Cardiff? It got Smith sent off and then he does almost the exact same thing again in the first half today; fortunately it was far up the pitch but he still conceded the free-kick.

He's been good overall, certainly at home, but i don't blame people who are still wary of him, cos he can go from being totally assured one minute, to being a total liability the next. Reminds me of a former centre-half we had on the books for a few years, who you - coincidentally - also bummed ferociously for the entirety of his Newcastle career.

I am rather surprised that we won with such a high-ish score line, without ever really getting going. Yes Ipswich are near the bottom of the table, but I was still expecting it be rather close, or atleats closer then what happend.

Butt was appaling.

What I did find good about us and surprising was our ability to switch/pass the ball from one wing to the other with one pass, and alot of them accuratly, something which we tried and failed so many times last year.

Had we persevered with that former centre-half he might be doing as well for us in the premier league as he's doing for Wigan in the premier league  O0

:lol: without the safety wink there people would be queuing up to shove shit through your letterbox

this league is about confidence and team spirit, fuck all else like. You're lucky you've managed not to let relegation initially get to you and bounce back, but tbh 46 games is a long season, you won't find it a cakewalk all season, despite a fantastic start. You'll come second behind us tbh.

this league is about confidence and team spirit, fuck all else like. You're lucky you've managed not to let relegation initially get to you and bounce back, but tbh 46 games is a long season, you won't find it a cakewalk all season, despite a fantastic start. You'll come second behind us tbh.

It absolutely is, isn't it. 90% graft and 10% individual quality is enough to put you atleast in the play-offs in this league.

aren't you that little kid who went on the pitch and shoved his knob into brendan rodgers ear?