Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

One really pleasing thing this season is our threat from set pieces. It's been a long time since I had confidence in us converting them.

Having seen us play with a team of midgets for the last couple of seasons I still can't get used to commentators talking about the number of tall players we have available during set pieces. 

Haven't seen the game, but a 4-0 result away from home is as much as anyone could ask.

Pleased to see that Nolan is at last starting to play as he used to for Bolton and scoring goals ; a midfielder who can get 10 a season is a must for a side seeking to win anything.

One has to give credit where its due and praise Hughton & Calderwood for the job they are doing in less than ideal circumstances ; they have at least succeeded in keeping the team focussed on the field and that is no small achievement after the traumas of last season.

Credit also to the players who have kept their heads up when it would be easy to feel sorry for themselves.

Harewood could turn out to be a useful asset in this league and at least provides much needed cover up front ; all of the front players are now strong physical guys and that is important in this league, but the younger ones have the potential to improve as footballers too.

Well done all round, but I'm still not going overboard about the prospects of promotion until I see the team still competing at the top in February - a nice feeling right now though after the gloom of last season.

Guest sicko2ndbest

was watching the game in a bar with no sound. What was shearers take on everything? Can anyone give me a quick summary of what he said. Did Logan ever ask him about the job?

was watching the game in a bar with no sound. What was shearers take on everything? Can anyone give me a quick summary of what he said. Did Logan ever ask him about the job?

He said we should have kept Beye and Bassong.

Did Watford's game finish 1-1 I only heard one update at 1-0 Reading in which it was claimed Reading were bumming Watford.

We were shocking first 10 minutes, raped them rest of the game tbh.

Why would anyone expect Colo to play appallingly? He's looked brilliant since the Brom game

lots of people tend to just read the papers or listen to Lawro... very few of them actually seem to watch him

That awful amateuristic miskick early on in this game was nothing to do with either the press or Lawro

He was quite solid otherwise though, TBF.

That said, his opposition was even more awful than his miskick.

Why would anyone expect Colo to play appallingly? He's looked brilliant since the Brom game

lots of people tend to just read the papers or listen to Lawro... very few of them actually seem to watch him

That awful amateuristic miskick early on in this game was nothing to do with either the press or Lawro

I don't even remember a miskick from him. Honestly, apart from Enrique's slightly wayward distribution, the entire back four were very comfortable today, and only someone who's blind or stupid would say otherwise. Coloccini never looked in danger for one second

That time when he inexplicably jumped ahead of the player, missed the ball, managed to hand ball it, then dragged the player down when he went past him.

Ah yes, I do remember now actually. That was six of one and half a dozen of the other in all honesty, Priskin had a canny hold on Colo's neck. Another ref and we'd have got the freekick. There was plenty of cover there anyway, they didn't have enough numbers forward to trouble us.

I liked how the ball hit someone in the box near the end and they said "and was that a handball from Steven Taylor?!" :lol: not a single game can go by without them mentioning a possible handball from him...

Although if he stopped fucking pointing all the time then maybe the ball would have a harder job finding his hands?