Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

Guest johnson293

Seen mention of replica kits that were worn in this game being sold for £50 with only 15% going to the foundation, is this true or bollocks? Can't get on the official site at work.

Aye, Direct link to the club shop...

http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=01&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=180849

They are for sale for £50 (£55 for long sleeved), but that page just says 'A DONATION WILL BE MADE TO THE SIR BOBBY ROBSON FOUNDATION FROM THE PROCEEDS OF EVERY SALE'.

I can imagine loads of these on ebay shortly, listed as the actual match worn shirts!

Gudjonsson was signed as a supposedly high quality youngster. As for Serrant I think he was signed just because he got to train with England before joining us, he deffo was not signed to bulk up the reserves. Brady maybe but then he was signed in August 1998 & KD had been at the club since Jan 97.

Dogleash bought some absloute f***ing gash man

Check his record out at

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/transfers-dalglish.html

the likes of drysdale,hooper,mike jeffrey,alex mathie,giorgios georgardis(sp?).......hang on,dalglish didn't sign them.

He may of just signed the lads name you cant spell though............I wouldnt of been able to spell that either. Nice goal against Everton in the cup where anoth KD great signing Ian Rush banged in one.

Check his record out at

the likes of drysdale,hooper,mike jeffrey,alex mathie,giorgios georgardis(sp?).......hang on,dalglish didn't sign them.

He may of just signed the lads name you cant spell though.

good attempt off the top of my head though.

could stick paul kitson in there aswell as peter garland. just trying to point out that every manager has bought some shit.

Check his record out at

could stick paul kitson in there aswell as peter garland. just trying to point out that every manager has bought some s***.

Yours just had to be who though? Your balanced approach is on a par with Bill O'Reilly reviewing the Democratic party.

I will never be convinced about that Dogleash was going to improve us. Speed was woeful on left flank, Guivarc'h could be one of the worst WC winners ever, Sandro at the back was shite. That team was going nee where quick.

Was a excellent on spelling that name :thup:

Check his record out at

could stick paul kitson in there aswell as peter garland. just trying to point out that every manager has bought some s***.

Yours just had to be who though? Your balanced approach is on a par with Bill O'Reilly reviewing the Democratic party.

I will never be convinced about that Dogleash was going to improve us. Speed was woeful on left flank, Guivarc'h could be one of the worst WC winners ever, Sandro at the back was s****. That team was going nee where quick.

Was a excellent on spelling that name :thup:

how so. i'm one of the few who will say that keegan was a decent tactician and a better coach than even he seemed to give himself credit for. as i pointed out i was just making out that all managers have bought some crap. dalglish had to pick up the pieces of albert being out all the time, both his main forwards out for long spells and having to make do in the transfer market. still brought in given,hamman, solano and speed. seemed to me the idea was of a diamond with thomasson at the head of it hamman anchoring and speed slightly left and solano slightly right.

someone doesn't praise everything that keegan ever done means he's must be biased against......give yourself a shake man.

ATM I cant remember the few games of early August 1998 (more than 10 years ago now ffs) that KD was in charge  but I do recall when he first signed Gary Speed he was not tucked into a diamond but very much out on the left. Regarding Diddi again I cant recall his games under KD but under Ruud he was a lot more offensive than anything that I ever saw him at Liverpool.

ATM I cant remember the few games of early August 1998 (more than 10 years ago now ffs) that KD was in charge  but I do recall when he first signed Gary Speed he was not tucked into a diamond but very much out on the left. Regarding Diddi again I cant recall his games under KD but under Ruud he was a lot more offensive than anything that I ever saw him at Liverpool.

Gary Speed was definitely wasted on the left, he looked like he absolutely hated playing there.

Gary Speed was definitely wasted on the left, he looked like he absolutely hated playing there.

Wasn't that his usual position at Everton though?

Wasn't that his usual position at Everton though?

It was when he was at Leeds but he was not going to move Batty & McCallister from centre positions,  I don't think it was when he was at Everton.

because we didn't have the personnel to go that way. we did when hamman and tomasson came but unfortunatly the latter had to go up front to cover the loss of shearer. where did you see tomasson playing ?

because we didn't have the personnel to go that way. we did when hamman and tomasson came but unfortunatly the latter had to go up front to cover the loss of shearer. where did you see tomasson playing ?

Dont mean to put a spanner in the works but Jon Dahl had left the club before Diddi & Solano had joined

Dont mean to put a spanner in the works but Jon Dahl had left the club before Diddi & Solano had joined

batty was there as the anchor. did you see tomasson as playing up front (instead of asprilla or shearer) or in an authadox middle 4 ?

batty was there as the anchor. did you see tomasson as playing up front (instead of asprilla or shearer) or in an authadox middle 4 ?

You did say earlier our team was shapping up as "hamman, solano and speed. seemed to me the idea was of a diamond with thomasson at the head of it hamman anchoring and speed slightly left and solano slightly right" but them players were not together as one because funnily enough because you seem so eager to ram your roughshod over me you forget your memory is as shit as mine so your getting things jumbled up. 10 FUCKING YEARS AGO MAN!!!! Do we really care?

As for JDT I would see him playing as he has most of his career as one of two forwards. Looking at http://www.nufc.com/html/1997-98.html no match reports & I CANT REMEMBER all the details but it looks like Tino was around playing up front & KD did sign one oc greatest ever strikers Ian Rush in the August.  I think as time has went on we all think that JDT was stuck up front by himself but really he wasnt on looking back at things.

You did say earlier our team was shapping up as "hamman, solano and speed. seemed to me the idea was of a diamond with thomasson at the head of it hamman anchoring and speed slightly left and solano slightly right" but them players were not together as one because funnily enough because you seem so eager to ram your roughshod over me you forget your memory is as s*** as mine so your getting things jumbled up. 10 f***ing YEARS AGO MAN!!!! Do we really care?

As for JDT I would see him playing as he has most of his career as one of two forwards. Looking at http://www.nufc.com/html/1997-98.html no match reports & I CANT REMEMBER all the details but it looks like Tino was around playing up front & KD did sign one oc greatest ever strikers Ian Rush in the August.  I think as time has went on we all think that JDT was stuck up front by himself but really he wasnt on looking back at things.

shearer was injured pre season, asprilla was injured iirc in kiev. rush was brought in because we already had these two and it was understood at the time the board wanted someone cheap and available to the main two came back. the point about JDT was that i'm fairly sure he was signed to play behind a front 2 or at the head of a diamond.

i'm sure he played primarily as an attacking midfielder for heerenveen.

Nonsense - Hamman hated Gullit ; it was because they didn't get on and that the Board was, to quote

Hamman, 'Average, therefore the club was average', that Hamman left.

Also, people should remember that Dalglish was NOT given the financial free reign that Keegan had in his first Premiership years ; the club became a PLC and had to stick to a budget for team strengthening - that was the reason Keegan quit, he knew he wouldn't be able to spend money in the same way as he had before. Don't forget that NUFC were lying 6th in the Prem when KK went, Dalglish managed to get the side to finish second against all the odds. His bust up with the Board was what did for him, nothing else.

He was unlucky with injuries, esp to Shearer because Tomasson had looked great alongside Al in the pre-season games - the injury ruined what could have been a great career for JDT because he was obliged to play CF and he was NEVER that.

That he was a good player was proven at Milan later....