You thick Geordie.........

Benwell Lad

b@st@rds get out of our club !

Come on lads it's a really catchy ditto, but geographically flawed and helps perpetuate the myth about our parochial ways.

The words should be changed - he's from Hertfordshire or Buckinghamshire or somewhere isn't he ? He's not a cockney.

"You fat Herfordshire b@st@rd" doesn't quite have the same ring to it though does it ?  Maybe "southern" would work.

Even the (mistaken) assumption that all Londoners are cockneys would mean the only "cockney" connections in our club are Harewood, Steven Taylor, Ranger and Hughton, and they're all doing canny jobs.

Give the poor old cockneys a break.

The rest of the country refers to Londoners as cockneys, it's wrong but absolutely widespread. I don't think we should worry about the technicalities of the chant while our club is stuck f***ing around in the Championship...

yeah, it's like when anyone from the north east / north of leeds is a 'geordie'. doesn't half wind the mackems up though  :iamatwat:

Most football songs have artist creativity to suit though. Is there really "One Steve Watson", I have not been a victim of scouse crime well apart from watching the fraud that is J.Barton play but I still sing "You stole my stereo" & Boro fans used to sing "One job on teeside" that may be correct now but it was not at the time.

Guest icemanblue

Why don't one of you guys suggest changing it to the lads singing it next time you're at a game?

eh?

Sigh. I said, why don't one of these people complaining about the song suggest changing it to one of the thousands of people singing it.  See how they get on, y'know?

Why don't one of you guys suggest changing it to the lads singing it next time you're at a game?

eh?

Sigh. I said, why don't one of these people complaining about the song suggest changing it to one of the thousands of people singing it.  See how they get on, y'know?

You had a gimp moment CP40...............wait a second thats me!!!!!

Cunts!

eh?

im a thick geordie bastr@d, but ill stick to the original version on weds thanks.

Guest icemanblue

eh?

im a thick geordie bastr@d, but ill stick to the original version on weds thanks.

:lol:

Bloody hell, that's what I was saying. The people complaining wouldn't have the bawls to pipe up at the game, if they find the chant 'embarrassing'.

eh?

Bloody hell, that's what I was saying. The people complaining wouldn't have the bawls to pipe up at the game, if they find the chant 'embarrassing'.

Not really the time or place to have a rational conversation about the merits or otherwise of a particular chant, like.

Oh right, I'm meant to go "excuse me good sirs, I believe that 'football chant' you are singing displays some factual inaccuracies. Perhaps you would consider some revisions?"

Oh right, I'm meant to go "excuse me good sirs, I believe that 'football chant' you are singing displays some factual inaccuracies. Perhaps you would consider some revisions?"

'I've made a list.'

i imagine that being said by sideshow mel from the simpsons  ;D

b@st@rds get out of our club !

Come on lads it's a really catchy ditto, but geographically flawed and helps perpetuate the myth about our parochial ways.

The words should be changed - he's from Hertfordshire or Buckinghamshire or somewhere isn't he ? He's not a cockney.

"You fat Herfordshire b@st@rd" doesn't quite have the same ring to it though does it ?  Maybe "southern" would work.

Even the (mistaken) assumption that all Londoners are cockneys would mean the only "cockney" connections in our club are Harewood, Steven Taylor, Ranger and Hughton, and they're all doing canny jobs.

Give the poor old cockneys a break.

How do you know any of the people singing it were geordies? Did you ask them where they were born to check it was north of the Tyne? Rather a parochial assumption on your part don't you think?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2694/200pxpearlykingandqueen.jpg

Derek Llambias & Mike Ashley, pleased after their team's 5-0 victory.

Guest icemanblue

eh?

Not really the time or place to have a rational conversation about the merits or otherwise of a particular chant, like.

Ah, fuck it. I obviously haven't made my point very well.

Guest icemanblue

Then why are you moaning about it on here?