Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Was reading Caulkin's twitter and saw this discussion he had with some Watford fan (after Geremi news):

@CaulkinTheTimes and with a wage bill like that for a player who doesn't play, is it any surprise Newcastle are top of the league? #Nufc

@CaulkinTheTimes What are your thoughts on this 'big club' mentality at Newcastle? Don't big clubs win trophies? #Nufc

@onedavidlewy re Geremi etc, fans are paying for the folly of successive regimes. I don't know what you mean about big club mentality ...

@onedavidlewy if you base size on fanbase,history,loyalty in face of mismangement,they're a biggun.On trophies?They're a tiddler.

@CaulkinTheTimes Is the 4603 attendance for Newcastle v Cesena in 1992 stat a myth? #Nufc

@CaulkinTheTimes When I went to SJP to see Watford (undeservedly) lose, there was air of expectation about the place and a lack of humility

@onedavidlewy if you support NUFC the expectation is of disaster David. Since relegation,I've found the mood at SJP very realistic.

@CaulkinTheTimes I had a brilliant wkend mate, fans v.welcoming and great night out. Just a bit of PremLeague expectation.

:rolleyes:

If we say we're shit we get called deluded and have expectations above our station. After all, we're top of the league.

If we're say we're great because we're top of the league it's only because we have an expensive squad and it's where it should be by default.

Can't win with some folk.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5834013,00.html

Premier League big-spenders Manchester City have reported a loss of £92.6million, one of the biggest in British football history.

The figures do include the previous year's business, when City smashed the British transfer record to bring Brazilian superstar Robinho to the club for £32.5million.

Guest toonlass

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8447796.stm

Arsenal will pay the travel costs of Bolton fans who made the trip to London for Wednesday's postponed Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium.

Bolton say they sold about 400 tickets for the trip to north London, but the match was called off less than five hours before kick-off after heavy snow.

The pitch was playable but there were safety issues affecting fans and concerns about transport.

Arsenal insist they did all they could but will pay the costs as a gesture.

Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "You never take a decision to postpone a game lightly and at the same time you owe a responsibility to try to get the game on if you can.

606: DEBATE

Give your reaction to the postponement

"We were in touch with the Met Office throughout the week and throughout the day and we were absolutely confident that the game would be able to go off based on those reports.

"Unfortunately, things changed and it just was not possible to make a decision responsibly in mid-afternoon to go ahead with the game on a safe basis."

A revised date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

:clap: Good on them

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/09/stephen-carr-birmingham-city-interview

McLeish had concerns about the defender's hamstring problems before he invited him to train with Birmingham. His mind, however, was put at rest, when Ian McGuiness, who previously worked at St James's Park with Carr and is now Birmingham's club doctor, told him the player had been rushed back too many times and never got a chance to let the original injury heal.

Carr's frustration with Newcastle is salient. "It was stop-start. Every year I had an injury. They were silly injuries that took a long time to diagnose and then I was out longer than I should be. And the last year, when I pulled my hamstring four times, summed it up. Basically it was a case of people not looking after you properly. Unfortunately you're the one that looks like you're injury-prone but the rehab was shocking. That's the bottom line."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/09/stephen-carr-birmingham-city-interview

McLeish had concerns about the defender's hamstring problems before he invited him to train with Birmingham. His mind, however, was put at rest, when Ian McGuiness, who previously worked at St James's Park with Carr and is now Birmingham's club doctor, told him the player had been rushed back too many times and never got a chance to let the original injury heal.

Carr's frustration with Newcastle is salient. "It was stop-start. Every year I had an injury. They were silly injuries that took a long time to diagnose and then I was out longer than I should be. And the last year, when I pulled my hamstring four times, summed it up. Basically it was a case of people not looking after you properly. Unfortunately you're the one that looks like you're injury-prone but the rehab was shocking. That's the bottom line."

Why not ever point it out then? Cunt.

edit: Dave, I don't mean you.

@DBTheTruth CITY OF SUNDERLAND - PROUD TO WELCOME ALL, NEWCASTLE (WHERE U CHOOSE TO LIVE) HAS A HISTORY OF RACIAL ABUSE, ASK JOHN BARNES

@DBTheTruth btw the city of sunderland has history for fighting racism, learn our history and dont dirty our proud name in public like this

DBTheTruth @DBTheTruth dont agree with how u have gone about this, u have dragged our supporters name through the mud, deal with it behind closed doors

Check out the SMB. Way to go to piss off your best player.  :lol:

Basically there has been some right mong having a pop at him on twitter, arguing all sorts with him. Also Bents obviously went onto their forum which is populated by mongs and isnt happy at some of the comments hence that "tweet" Largerstedt posted from him.

Here's hoping he carries on reading the SMB, wont do his confidence the world of good.

Makes me wonder if some of our players come on here to read what we say about them.

I'm sure gogonileranger was actually him.

Comparing the way he spelled with how Nile spelled on his myspace, that might be true :lol:

Guest Heneage

He's put his Xbox Live Gamertag on his Twitter :laugh: , Most footballer's keep it secret, sure Rooney had to change his when people found out it was him.

I added and challenged him to a game of Fifa, still waiting. :(

@DBTheTruth CITY OF SUNDERLAND - PROUD TO WELCOME ALL, NEWCASTLE (WHERE U CHOOSE TO LIVE) HAS A HISTORY OF RACIAL ABUSE, ASK JOHN BARNES

@DBTheTruth btw the city of sunderland has history for fighting racism, learn our history and dont dirty our proud name in public like this

DBTheTruth @DBTheTruth dont agree with how u have gone about this, u have dragged our supporters name through the mud, deal with it behind closed doors

Check out the SMB. Way to go to piss off your best player.  :lol:

Seems to like Newcastle. If they keep pissing him off, I'm sure we'd welcome him in the summer. :)