Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Kevin Nolan corollary. A player with superior techical abilities and quickly diminshing/diminished physical attributes will succeed in the Championship where everything is much slower and there is more space.

I dunno if there's more space in the championship. If anything there's less.

Mark Hughes accepts Fulham job.

Have I just not been looking out properly or has that just come out of the blue? Wasn't expecting that. Anyone else think that's not a particularly great appointment though? Don't rate Hughes very highly

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3072995/John-Bostock-Foreign-stars-are-keeping-me-out-in-the-cold.html

Midfielder Bostock, 18, is still waiting for a first-team start for Spurs following his £700,000 switch from Crystal Palace two years ago.

And he admits he will have to go on loan to stand any chance of playing.

He said: "You look at the foreign contingent over here and they're blocking us.

"It's so frustrating. You want to prove yourself, but it's hard when you don't get a chance.

"Some players have been given chances - for instance, Jack Rodwell was given his at Everton and he took it. But the rest of us haven't really been given that chance. Getting bits here and there is not really enough."

SunSport revealed this week the number of overseas players in our top division has rocketed by a whopping 670 PER CENT in the last 21 years.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3072995/John-Bostock-Foreign-stars-are-keeping-me-out-in-the-cold.html#ixzz0v33Zhorp

:doh:

Guest Roger Kint

Bostock should shut up. He went to Brentford(iirc) last season and showed nothing there at a poor level, how he can them bleat about foreigners limiting his chances at PL level is pretty silly when he clearly isnt up to it yet anyway.

Thick as fudge.

If he'd stayed at Palace like everyone said he should he'd have played loads of games.

Guest Stephen927

Thick as fudge.

If he'd stayed at Palace like everyone said he should he'd have played loads of games.

That's the top and bottom of it. You see it all the time, young promising player moves to a big club and finds games hard to come by. I don't know why they're all surprised.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3074652/Prem-chief-Dave-Richards-in-Crouch-deal-probe.html

FULHAM are sensationally taking legal action against Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards.

They are accusing him of being involved in Peter Crouch's £9million move from Portsmouth to Spurs.

SunSport understands the Premier League have carried out their own internal investigation into Fulham's amazing allegations and are satisfied Richards has done nothing wrong.

But Fulham are so incensed at missing out on Crouch they have started legal proceedings.

SunSport can exclusively reveal Fulham made a formal complaint to the Premier League after the England international joined Spurs for £9million in July last year.

Fulham were convinced they had already sewn up an £11m deal.

And they believe the situation only changed when Richards became involved.

The fall-out has become so serious League chief executive Richard Scudamore e-mailed all 20 clubs this week to explain things.

A source confirmed: "Fulham believed Crouch was theirs. They were staggered when he joined Spurs for £2m less than they offered."

The Cottagers allege cash-strapped Portsmouth missed out on that extra money because of Richards' intervention.

We understand Pompey were so desperate for money they plumped for Spurs' £9m up front rather than £11m in instalments from Fulham or Sunderland.

Portsmouth had only just been taken over by Sulaiman Al Fahim when they bought Crouch.

Richards had previously met the Arab businessman to explain the rules regarding ownership of a club.

A League spokesman said last night: "We cannot make any comment on this matter as it is subject to a legal challenge."

Fulham also declined to comment.

Guest Heneage

I love Babel's twitter, it is literally like being in his mind. It's almost as if he can't internalize thought, he has to type it out.

Charlotte Jackson looking tremendous this afternoon on SSN.

I assume you've googled her at some point, if not get to it, your life will be that litte bit better

He's right, your post inspired me to do it for the first time in a while. My day is automatically better.

Charlotte Jackson looking tremendous this afternoon on SSN.

I assume you've googled her at some point, if not get to it, your life will be that litte bit better

He's right, your post inspired me to do it for the first time in a while. My day is automatically better.

Yep. But I don't get why this isn't worthy of its own thread.