Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Was planning on going to Sheff Wed. vs Wycombe, but it's apparently sold out!

I understand they could get promoted and everything, but 38,000+ at a third division game.. Amazing.

just managed to buy a ticket online for it... was about two left mind. :lol:

I see, just a couple of severely restricted seats left.

They say they might make more tickets available on Monday so I guess I'll wait for that.

I fucking love Michael Laudrup.

Just before my time in terms of his Barca/Real years, but was disgustingly talented whenever I've seen him play. Need to see more of the Laudrup/Stoichkov and Laudrup/Zamorano combinations at Barca and Real respectively.

Fair to say he's underrated in the context of the past 20-30 years?

Just having a look at some quotes from others on Laudrup:

Iniesta: "Who is the best player in history? Laudrup."

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with." (Raul said exactly the same)

Figo: "I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."

Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever."

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."

If anyone follows northern league football. Or live in the durham area and dont fancy watching the "derby" tonight but want to watch what should be a good game...

Spennymoor town are at home to dunston at the brewery field. 7.30ko

If spennymoor win, they are league champions for a 3rd season running. If dunston win. Then beat sunderland rca they win the league. If it ends in a draw. West auckland are champions

Has the potential to be a great game!

Adults £6

Juniors £3

Guest ToonZA

I fucking love Michael Laudrup.

Just before my time in terms of his Barca/Real years, but was disgustingly talented whenever I've seen him play. Need to see more of the Laudrup/Stoichkov and Laudrup/Zamorano combinations at Barca and Real respectively.

Fair to say he's underrated in the context of the past 20-30 years?

Just having a look at some quotes from others on Laudrup:

Iniesta: "Who is the best player in history? Laudrup."

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with." (Raul said exactly the same)

Figo: "I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."

Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever."

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."

Laudrup  :love:  Rafael Martin Vasquez  :love: 

Zvonimir Boban  :love:  Outrageously talented with a wicked streak ( as they all do)

"After fights broke out in the heated Zagreb derby between Dinamo and Red star in 1990, Boban witnessed a policeman beating a fan and what followed is considered by Croatians as one of the most significant moments in not only football, but also in the country’s history.

Boban was clearly unhappy at what happened to the fan who was maliciously beaten by the Serbian policeman, so he decided to run and kick the guilty officer in the face. Although given a 6 month ban by the Yugoslavian FA- which led him to miss the 1990 World Cup, the attack was considered as a representation of the Croats discontent of the 70 year reign of the Serbs in Yugoslavia, and a year later Croatia started the war of independence."

If anyone is interested, the full article can be found at:

http://www.graduatetimes.com/sport/2011/04/11/what-ever-happened-to-zvonimir-boban/

Ryder saying Williamson and Simpson were target for the "boo boys" on Saturday.

Liar.

Talking out of his arse.  There was a few mumblings of 'what the fuck is he doing?' etc...but no fucking boo-ing.

The blokes a bellend.

Guest neesy111

Ryder saying Williamson and Simpson were target for the "boo boys" on Saturday.

Liar.

Talking out of his arse.  There was a few mumblings of 'what the fuck is he doing?' etc...but no fucking boo-ing.

The blokes a bellend.

I wasn't happy with both of them but didn't boo or anything or heard nothing of the sort.  Most boo's I heard was for Ben Arfa sub.

Guest Geordiesned

He also says the Twitter-azi (seriously what the fuck? :lol:) reverted to type and "targeted" them.

So not only he is now defensive on Twitter, he's defensive in the Chronicle about what people write on Twitter! He's apparently ok to have a go at them though stating it was schoolboy defending.

The guy becomes a bigger twat by the day!

Guest Roger Kint

He also says the Twitter-azi (seriously what the fuck? :lol:) reverted to type and "targeted" them.

So not only he is now defensive on Twitter, he's defensive in the Chronicle about what people write on Twitter! He's apparently ok to have a go at them though stating it was schoolboy defending.

The guy becomes a bigger twat by the day!

Are you saying you havent seen anything about either that wasnt over the top? Theres a world of difference between correctly stating something was schoolboy defender and targetting them with insults!

Guest dogbeak
Zvonimir Boban  :love:

there's an outstanding documentary about the last yugoslavian football team (called, uh, the last yugoslavian football team, i think.) they could have been an outstanding team if they'd been able to stay together - savicevic, stojkovic, boban, prosniecki, pancev, jarni, boksic, suker..

does anyone remember when we played dinamo (or croatia, as they were then) zagreb in the european cup preliminaries yonks back? i have been telling people for years that robert prosinecki put in one of the best individual performances i've ever seen, running the game whilt hardly leaving the centre circle. is this false memory syndrome?

Guest Craig-NUFC

Rumours that Nicky Barmby has been suspended by Hull for saying to the media that they need to strengthen their squad over the summer :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

Are you saying you havent seen anything about either that wasnt over the top? Theres a world of difference between correctly stating something was schoolboy defender and targetting them with insults!

Indeed there is but it's a bit rich Ryder mentioning it when he's carries on like a tit on Twitter regularly and often tries to put people down when his many fuck ups are highlighted.

But seriously? "Twitter-azi"?! What a bellend!

Iker Muniain: "The later Real Madrid wins the league, the better". Good lad. :snod:

Buy him Pep Tito.

He's absolutely class, such good feet and already excellent vision for his age. Will be a top player within two years

Munian would be a fantastic signing to go alongside Sanchez and Messi long term..... Bilbao wont let go easy tho.

Just like they wont let go easy for Martinez, Llorente, De Marcos, Ander, Susueta etc etc.... fine generation of talent they have coming through.

I expect Muniain to stay 1-2 more years at Athletic Club, age is on his side and he has a great platform there for developing. What a fantastic player he can become, I would be delighted to see him sign for us, despite already having like 546352 small guys that can play on the wing.

Martínez is heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid and, to be frank, is exactly the player they need.

It's last chance saloon for Llorente to get a big move, so I expect him to be off in the summer, possibly to England.