Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Could Leighton Baines play on the left wing like Gareth Bale? he seems brilliant attacking.

Players like that tend to look better attacking because they are coming from deeper and get more space.

Well Baines that is.

Could Leighton Baines play on the left wing like Gareth Bale? he seems brilliant attacking.

Players like that tend to look better attacking because they are coming from deeper and get more space.

Well Baines that is.

Plus Baines is a very good defensive fullback too, it would be a waste to move him out of that position when competent Left Backs are so difficult to come across.

Looks like this is going to be our new shirt

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gif/20101217/e__archivo_graphic_10_1_2_20101217_YBA13M11.eps6.jpg

:harry:

Wow. That's hideous :lol: That's not even one of the 3 options you posted a few days ago, is it?

Houllier reckons Villa are looking to get back the £8million he was valued at in the Milner deal.

Good luck with that, they'll do well to get £6million.

Isn't the fact he's been played as a central midfielder the problem? Was never a proper replacement for Milner because he's nowt like him.

Anyway I'd stay away at the moment, think he's damaged goods we could do without at this moment in time.

He strikes me as a bit of a head case tbh. He either seems to be brilliant or shite, very little middle ground in his performances I've seen.

Guest Heneage

I'd love us to try for him.

I think we need to strengthen out wide rather than spending on another central midfielder.

True but sometimes when a player like that comes a long you buy now. I'm not saying he's World class, but he's realistic and would give us a bit of depth. Him and Legear for a couple million each and I'd be happy.

Thought it would have worked out at Villa a lot better than it has done, I was quite jealous they got him.

Would be a brilliant signing for any team if they could find the player that was managed under Hughes. Even if we were in a financial position to get him, and sold 1 or 2 mids like Smith, I think it would be a huge risk.

Gerard Houllier has admitted Villa will sell Stephen Ireland next month.

He has lost the spark he had in 08/09, needs to go into the Npower & rebuild himself up.

31/01/2010 was the last time the so called playmaker created a goal. You have to go back over year for his last goal.

Thought it would have worked out at Villa a lot better than it has done, I was quite jealous they got him.

Would be a brilliant signing for any team if they could find the player that was managed under Hughes. Even if we were in a financial position to get him, and sold 1 or 2 mids like Smith, I think it would be a huge risk.

hes a headcase simple as who needs constant 100% attention from the manager, hughes provided that houiller and mancini did not,  He's even thinking of gracing the irish team with his presence after repeated snubs because he wants to put himself in the shop window (something robbie keane seemed less than enthused about when asked) a lot more trouble than he's worth.

hes a headcase simple as who needs constant 100% attention from the manager, hughes provided that houiller and mancini did not,  He's even thinking of gracing the irish team with his presence after repeated snubs because he wants to put himself in the shop window (something robbie keane seemed less than enthused about when asked) a lot more trouble than he's worth.

I don't know the ins and outs, some players do need an arm round their shoulders to get the best out of them, some are happy to get on with it themselves, its all about a managers man management skills. SBR would have him flying, goal a game, MOTM performances, the likes of Mancini couldn't get him to put in a decent shift with their cold management styles, but that says as much about the manager as well as the player imo.

I'd imagine our lot are a handful and if you don't approach them in the right way then they'll never fulfil their potential; but on the other hand his form dip has been too long now to take a punt and it would be an expensive one at that.

Wonder if anyone would do a straight swap for Barton?

I reckon Hughton could've gotten the best out of him :undecided:

I think you are probably right. I think Ireland would have loved the 'group of lads' we have here as well, it would have been a much better move.