Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Coca-Cola/Powerade's response to the Top Gear comments about Mexico.

http://i55.tinypic.com/qxvrs5.jpg

"Yes, just imagine waking up and remembering your Mexican."

Less Prejudice. More Exercise.

Aye, no better feeling than waking up in the morning all annoyed you need to do gardening and then remembering your Mexican.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/02/kevin_kilbane.html#282981

Kilbane may be relatively new to life at Huddersfield but there is no doubt that manager Clark has made a big impression on him in a short space of time.

"I can see a lot of Everton manager David Moyes in him," added Kilbane, who spent three years at Goodison Park from 2003 to 2006. "He is a big student of the game and his attention to detail is extraordinary. That is what separates the good managers from the very top ones.

"Moyes studied the game - both the opposition and his own players. When he identified weaknesses in his own players, he worked hard to eradicate them. Clark is in that mould."

Glaswegian Moyes was a solid lower league defender, who started preparing for a life in management in his early 20s, keeping notes about training sessions that he found stimulating and methods that impressed him.

Clark was a gifted midfielder who played at the top level with Newcastle, Sunderland and Fulham, as well as the England Under-21 team. I would not have picked him out as a player destined to become a manager, in part having formed an opinion of him based on an incident that happened in 1999.

Clark was a Sunderland player when he wore a T-shirt at the FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Newcastle that had a rather damning criticism of his current employers emblazoned on it. It ended his career with the Mackems and hardly hinted at a shrewd thinker.

Nonetheless, Kilbane talked at length about Clark's grasp of the game, both in terms of his tactical understanding and his encyclopaedic knowledge of opposition players. If a Town player needs to know anything about a player, the information is readily available; strongest foot, ability in the air, the neat trick to watch out for, the preference for cutting inside.

Clark, 38, takes a lot of the training sessions at the club, particularly in the days before a match, grooming his players in readiness for the forthcoming fixture.

I asked Kilbane whether Clark had the same penetrating and intense stare that gives Moyes the look of a man possessed as he watches his team from the touchline.

"Clark has definitely got a mean streak in him," answered Kilbane. "When I first signed, we were winning games but perhaps not playing as well as we could and he certainly let us know both at half-time and full-time. He certainly has a temper."

Clark has some extremely talented young players such as Anthony Pilkington, Alex Smithies, Lee Novak, Lee Peltier and Jordan Rhodes at his disposal. At times last season, Huddersfield were an untouchable, free-scoring side. Seven times they found the net more than four times in a match. But Kilbane watched them on television as a below-par Town were outplayed by Millwall in their play-off semi-final. The Terriers failed to score in 180 minutes and there was the suspicion that they froze on the big occasion.

Clark absorbed the lessons and bolstered his squad in the summer with old heads such as defender Gary Naysmith, midfielder Damien Johnson and striker Alan Lee. The policy continued in January with the arrival of Kilbane and striker Danny Cadamarteri, who scored on his debut against Exeter on Saturday.

"He signed players who could handle pressurised situations," added Kilbane. "But the squad will have grown from their defeat last season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Former Newcastle player, Mark Doninger, has just been signed by the Icelandic 1st division club ÍA. ÍA is based in the town of Akranes - a town of 6000 people.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Link

Thought that might have been the club managed by a former Mag, but its not.

Former Newcastle player, Mark Doninger, has just been signed by the Icelandic 1st division club ÍA. ÍA is based in the town of Akranes - a town of 6000 people.

Link

Sounds like an idyllic place to live and work.

Have not seen this being mentioned but Carews new tattoo apparently was a massive fail.

It was supposed to be translated:

"My Life, my rules"

But the stress mark on the letter "e" in "Règle" was put the wrong way so it read:

"My life, my menstrual"

:lol: Norwegians is seriously stupid, jesus

Norwegians are seriously stupid, Swede. :pow:

Link

he's a nice lad is mark.

Have not seen this being mentioned but Carews new tattoo apparently was a massive fail.

"My Life, my rules"

But the stress mark on the letter "e" in "Règle" was put the wrong way so it read:

"My life, my menstrual"

Doesn't make up for that tattoo no matter what, you are labled

How do we know Carew doesn't want it to say his menstruation, though? He refused to comment about his reason for getting the tattoo, he probably wants to become a woman. :lol:

If Spurs and AEG get the Olympic Stadium I'm expecting AEG to buy out ENIC very soon after.    There have been rumours for months of AEG buying out Spurs with Levy joining the  AEG board and continuing to control Spurs.  Always seemed possible if somewhat unlikely.  I'd not be surprised if it did happen now.

LONDON - Premier League Tottenham Hotspur and David Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy are planning closer ties that could lead to players crossing the Atlantic in both directions. Tim Leiweke, president of the American sports and entertainment giant AEG that owns the Galaxy and is bidding in partnership with Spurs to take over the London 2012 Olympic stadium after the Games, told reporters the two sides were forging a strategic alliance.

"We have an existing relationship now with Tottenham where we are beginning to think outside the box on football and how we do things together on football," he said in a conference call from Los Angeles.

"Whether that's David Beckham training (with Spurs) or maybe players from Tottenham coming to the Galaxy, playing games against each other.

"Strategically you'll see more of an alliance between us and Tottenham long term," added Leiweke.

Former England captain Beckham, 35, has been training with North London side Tottenham but hopes of a short-term loan deal during the Major League Soccer (MLS) close season have come to nothing.

Leiweke said he wanted Beckham back in Los Angeles for the start of the season.

"I am the one that made the decision in asking David to come back and play a full season in MLS because we haven't been able to do that, be it for loans or injury," he said.

"Our commitment has been 'David, you need to be back here for the MLS season that begins in March'.

"It is because we have asked for that commitment, and the timeline in Tottenham was such, that it was very difficult for them (Spurs) to figure out a way to integrate David into the team," he added.

Leiweke said AEG had encouraged Beckham to go to Tottenham because of the relationship with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

"There are other examples of conversations we've had with Daniel in how to take that kind of cooperation and now extend it to our team in the United States," he added.

"You are going to hear more about that in the future but part of what has been created here is a strategic alliance between AEG and Tottenham on thinking about how we can be involved in Tottenham the football club."

"My Life, my rules"

"My life, my menstrual"

How do we know Carew doesn't want it to say his menstruation, though? He refused to comment about his reason for getting the tattoo, he probably wants to become a woman. :lol:

I'm highly more amused about the fact that in Norwegian a simple stress mark is the difference between "rules" and "menstruation" :lol:

"My Life, my rules"

"My life, my menstrual"

I'm highly more amused about the fact that in Norwegian a simple stress mark is the difference between "rules" and "menstruation" :lol:

It's in French.

"My Life, my rules"

"My life, my menstrual"

It's in French.

:-X

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone seen the handball in Blyths game v Droylsden? Havent seen it mentioned on here but the video is on Talksports website.  :yikes:

Guest palnese

Anyone seen the handball in Blyths game v Droylsden? Havent seen it mentioned on here but the video is on Talksports website.  :yikes:

shud get dun on video evidense

:lol: