Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

:nope:

Gattuso is gradually losing it but that year AC Milan won the Champions League in 2007, he was immense imo.

Pretty much the only period of his entire career where he was as good as his reputation suggests.

Guest Heneage

:nope:

Gattuso is gradually losing it but that year AC Milan won the Champions League in 2007, he was immense imo.

Pretty much the only period of his entire career where he was as good as his reputation suggests.

Stop letting the last 6-8 months cloud your judgement. Yes he's become an intolerable prick who see's fist fights as the best way to stop the opposition but in his pomp pre-injury he was great at winning the ball and roughing up the opposition (legally).

Will we have a match thread for the pre-season games, or just use the Pre Season thread to discuss the matches?

Go on RTG, they probably have one already for our first pre-season game.

http://www.vavel.com/internacional/portugal/1902exclusiva-hugo-viana-bobby-robson-es-la-mejor-persona-que-he.html

Q: If you like, I'd like to look back. Very young, less than 20 years he signed for Newcastle, what is your assessment? Do you think you had to wait some time before you leave Portugal?

A: So far, I have not regretted any decision I've made in my career. As for my departure to England, I must say that I consciously knew it would be my drive. It was a good experience and made me grow in all senses, not just as a player.

Q: The star of the team was Alan Shearer, how do you remember?

A: Of course, Alan Shearer has been the best players I've played. I prefer the ease to score goals that also had rocked him train.

Q: At that time Newcastle had as coach Sir Bobby Robson ...

A: Yes, Bobby Robson was like a father to me and with this I tell you all about the best person I've known in the world of football.

:)

Overrated, bearded c***.

How many World Cups and Champions Leagues have you won?

If you can enlighten us as to how that's relevant then i'd be delighted.

Gattusso was decent but players who perform the sort of role that he performs are a dime a dozen.  You don't have to be particularly good at football to do it.

http://www.vavel.com/internacional/portugal/1902exclusiva-hugo-viana-bobby-robson-es-la-mejor-persona-que-he.html

Q: If you like, I'd like to look back. Very young, less than 20 years he signed for Newcastle, what is your assessment? Do you think you had to wait some time before you leave Portugal?

A: So far, I have not regretted any decision I've made in my career. As for my departure to England, I must say that I consciously knew it would be my drive. It was a good experience and made me grow in all senses, not just as a player.

Q: The star of the team was Alan Shearer, how do you remember?

A: Of course, Alan Shearer has been the best players I've played. I prefer the ease to score goals that also had rocked him train.

Q: At that time Newcastle had as coach Sir Bobby Robson ...

A: Yes, Bobby Robson was like a father to me and with this I tell you all about the best person I've known in the world of football.

:)

:aww:

Always liked Viana.

How has Viana done, generally speaking, since he left us? Barely played for Valencia in the five years he was there, looks to be doing okay at Braga though. Did we ruin him or something? I'm sure he was European Young Player of the Year before we signed him...?

How has Viana done, generally speaking, since he left us? Barely played for Valencia in the five years he was there, looks to be doing okay at Braga though. Did we ruin him or something? I'm sure he was European Young Player of the Year before we signed him...?

Didn't settle at Valencia or anywhere he was loaned to but seems to be doing well for Braga now. Is adored by their fans.

We probably did stunt his career to an extent.

Guest CheickMansour

We almost certainly set him back, but he seems to have clawed his way back to a decent level. Braga got to the Europa League final last year, but lost.

Guest Heneage

Overrated, bearded c***.

How many World Cups and Champions Leagues have you won?

If you can enlighten us as to how that's relevant then i'd be delighted.

Gattusso was decent but players who perform the sort of role that he performs are a dime a dozen.  You don't have to be particularly good at football to do it.

My point was and still is just because he squared up to Joe Jordan he shouldn't be ignored. If his players were a dime a dozen then you could name me a dozen who did his role at the very top level like him?

Eh? This is nowt to do with what he did to that antagonist Jock. He's just a decent player who's scammed a career at the top level through repuation and bravado. Nothing special whatsoever, and looks grossly out of place in that list that Neil posted.

Didn't settle at Valencia or anywhere he was loaned to but seems to be doing well for Braga now. Is adored by their fans.

We probably did stunt his career to an extent.

:sadnod:

It didn't help that he was played out of position on the left wing most of the time. Then he got essentially lynched after the Marseille game.