Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Fun financial/sports tidbit.

The bank that loaned the money Real Madrid used to buy Cristiano Ronaldo is using said loan (among other assets) as collateral to ask the Central European Bank for stabilization funds.

Further reading on this, and it sheds some light on how those transfers are structured, as the bank has disclosed the terms of the loan in order to use it as collateral. Apparently Real Madrid have yet to pay a single euro of Cronaldo's transfer fee themselves (the banks did), and they have been only paying interest on the loan so far. They are scheduled to pay the principal in 3 installments, in July of 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Interesting.

Will that outbound money add to FFP for those years or will it not count as a previous transfer so doesn't matter?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loshraWzXN1qb2wovo1_500.jpg

:lol:

Will that outbound money add to FFP for those years or will it not count as a previous transfer so doesn't matter?

No idea, I'm not familiar enough with the FFP or accounting practices to judge. But I suppose not since the contract was signed when these rules didn't exist so can't be expected from Real Madrid to adhere to them. Still, it's a lot of money going out of the club (according to the newspaper I took all this from there's a similar loan in another bank that comes in at the same time).

But I was surprised to learn that they themselves haven't actually paid the fee yet. It might be common practice when financing big transfers, mind.

FWIW this is the article in Spanish: http://www.elpais.com/articulo/economia/Bankia/usara/prestamo/fichaje/Cristiano/Ronaldo/pedir/liquidez/BCE/elpepueco/20110725elpepueco_1/Tes

That sounds very daft indeed. That would be too long of a season unless the plan is to play each other once...

I think it's going to be regionalised which is equally as bad as pretty much all the big clubs are BsAs based so be interesting to see how they put it together. Why they just can't have a normal league like is beyond me.

Lookslike the Argentine league is changing format to something daft involving 38-40 teams in the top flight.

Just read on it, sounds beyond weird. 5 conferences with 8 teams each, and seeded so Boca, River (heh), Racing de Avellaneda, Independiente and San Lorenzo don't play in the same one. Then there's a split where the top 4 teams of each conference go into another league to compete for the title proper and the bottom 4 compete to avoid relegation.

It also looks like they won't have a balanced schedule, yank-tastic.

That sounds very daft indeed. That would be too long of a season unless the plan is to play each other once...

I think it's going to be regionalised which is equally as bad as pretty much all the big clubs are BsAs based so be interesting to see how they put it together. Why they just can't have a normal league like is beyond me.

Aye, it's puzzling.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Hasn't there been a shake up to the Argentinian league structure every time River or Boca come close to/get relegated? And have they not looked at how rubbish the State league is in Brazil?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lookslike the Argentine league is changing format to something daft involving 38-40 teams in the top flight.

Nothing to do with River Plate going down?

Hasn't there been a shake up to the Argentinian league structure every time River or Boca come close to/get relegated? And have they not looked at how rubbish the State league is in Brazil?

This

Sabella, Martino and Bianchi are the candidates according to the Argentine press.

I'm only familiar with Bianchi who was an abject failure at Atlético (which is not unusual at that place, that said). His last stint at Boca hasn't been great either.

Sabella lacks the experience, Martino has already refuted the link, and Bianchi hasn't been in a job for half a decade.  Half a decade too long.

1 good coach out of 3 there, which is Martino as he has a lot of experience of international football.  He's apparently already said no.  Well Sabella may actually be good, but I don't think he has enough experience.