Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Loved the bit in bold here.

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez will be out of action for at least two weeks after he was hospitalized for a concussion sustained during a training session on Tuesday.

The Mexico international was injured when he was hit by a ball on the top of his head and spent a night in hospital. He missed United's 4-0 win over the MLS All-Star team on Wednesday.

After the game, manager Alex Ferguson said he had always planned for Hernandez to have an extended break after playing in the Gold Cup for Mexico.

Sure you did, you genius!

Loved the bit in bold here.

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez will be out of action for at least two weeks after he was hospitalized for a concussion sustained during a training session on Tuesday.

The Mexico international was injured when he was hit by a ball on the top of his head and spent a night in hospital. He missed United's 4-0 win over the MLS All-Star team on Wednesday.

After the game, manager Alex Ferguson said he had always planned for Hernandez to have an extended break after playing in the Gold Cup for Mexico.

Sure you did, you genius!

Fookin concussion from getting hit on the head by a ball.

This tweet just about sums up Bob Bradley's firing for me: "Bob Bradley fired as US National Team Coach because you can't fire a generation of mediocre soccer players"

Aye, that's my angle on this really. US can't really aspire to much more right now. Their problems lie elsewhere, not NT coaching.

Grant Wahl on Twitter:

US Soccer prez Gulati postponed trip to Rio for WC draw. Still in California w/gen sec Dan Flynn. Klinsmann lives in Cali.

US Soccer insider: "You're not going to be surprised" by identity of new coach.

You can't fire a generation, but you can fire the guy that brings Bornstein on in that game vs Mexico.

The guy that kept starting Robbie Findley in the WC can be fired.

Tbh, I think we've moved forward under Bradley, but I think we've gone as far as we can.

So there's the groups... then ten winners are drawn against each other in a play-off, five winning through after two legs? What's so absurd, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry my reaction was overzealous. I find it stupid that every single African world cup spot will be determined by playoff matches. It only benefits the pockets of those that run CAF, as they will make more money from these extra highly anticipated matches. Personally, I would much rather a setup that selects the best teams, as they will be representing our continent on the world stage. What if a nation wins all of the group matches, but falls in the last stage on away goals? It is just too open to fluky, unnecessary results, imo. Which is why no other federation uses such a system.

Bradley is underappreciated because he's a boring American with no former pedigree. He's achieved alot with the US. They are a very organised and competitive side.

Guest Heneage

True, but I don't think they can't go much farther. There really isn't that much talent available yet (and the MLS has too many teams), plus the fact the only competitive game they'll ever play outside a tournament is against Mexico doesn't help either.

True but he seemed to be phoning in his tactics and ideas lately. I appreciate Holden was injured but the attacking aspect of the team was so piss poor.

Sabella lacks the experience, Martino has already refuted the link, and Bianchi hasn't been in a job for half a decade.  Half a decade too long.

1 good coach out of 3 there, which is Martino as he has a lot of experience of international football.  He's apparently already said no.  Well Sabella may actually be good, but I don't think he has enough experience.

I read Sabella was the favourite but they mightn't be able to afford his buy out clause from Qatar or whevever he's at. Certainly did the job with Estudiantes. Surely Bianchi has been out of management for too long.

The AFA couldn't organise a fucking thing though as is currenty been showing with the crap going on with the league. Julio Grondona is a fucking idiot.

Sabella has been announced as the new manager :thup:

El-Hadji Diouf given five-year Senegal ban

Page last updated at 09:38 GMT, Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:38 UK

Blackburn Rovers' El-Hadji Diouf has been banned from all football-related activities in Senegal for five years.

The Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) slapped the ban on the forward after remarks he made in the media about corruption in African football.

An FSF statement read: "Diouf is banned from performing any football-related activity for a period of five years."

Diouf reacted angrily to the FSF's claims that he had failed to appear for a disciplinary hearing last week.

The committee wanted to ask the Blackburn striker about comments he had made on Radio France International, claiming that "the whole system of African football is corrupt".

The federation claimed Diouf had been called to a hearing on 20 July, but the Blackburn forward insisted he had heard nothing of it.

Senegal Football Federtion

He subsequently told French magazine Stade he would "go to war" with the FSF if they took further action.

It remains possible, according to the FSF, that the decision could be reversed if Diouf were to appear before the disciplinary committee.

The news comes as Diouf's club career hangs in the balance.

He has been fined by Blackburn for failing to report on time for pre-season training, and was left out for their pre-season tour to Hong Kong.

Manager Steve Kean said in an interview this week that he thought it was time for Diouf to leave the club, indicating that enquiries have been made by other clubs.

"One of the best 100 living footballers"

Although, going for what Baba tells in here, he seems right regarding the corruption thing.

Talking of African football corruption, read this good piece the other day...

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/7/25/that-joke-isnt-funny-anymore-zaire-at-the-1974-world-cup.html

Aye, read it too. It's a great blog.

Thinking of getting this for my wall, I assume it's a canvas but it doesn't actually say. Can anyone confirm this as I will be pretty miffed if I spend 18 quid on a poster?!

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=65&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=190446#

It looks like some sort of book?

Yea thinking about it you could be right, in which case I definitely won't buy it to go on my wall!