Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

ST for my local club cost me roughly 30 pounds this year O0

It's ridiculous. For this much money, I think I'd just keep buying one as a yearly donation to the club even if I were overseas and unable to attend matches.

It's over $20k for Yankees season tickets in the best normal people seats. There's a totally separate category for the "Legends" seats. Granted it's 81 home games, but still. Cheapest are about $1k.

New York Giants season tickets (10 games, 2 of which are preseason) - cheapest are a little under $1000, but you also have to buy a PSL for $1000 up front. Most expensive normal seats would be under $2k, but those require a $20k PSL up front.

You guys have a ways to go.  :lol:

Seeing Haris Vuckic has gone on loan to Cardiff, had a look at who else is loaned out.

Found

Lua Lua at Brighton

Forster at Celtic

Tavernier at Carlisle

Alnwick at Gateshead

Airey at Hibs

Xisco at Depor

Are there any others?  And who looks likely to make the grade?  Vuckic could from what I've seen, Forster probably.  Any others?

Seeing Haris Vuckic has gone on loan to Cardiff, had a look at who else is loaned out.

Found

Lua Lua at Brighton

Forster at Celtic

Tavernier at Carlisle

Alnwick at Gateshead

Airey at Hibs

Xisco at Depor

Are there any others?  And who looks likely to make the grade?  Vuckic could from what I've seen, Forster probably.  Any others?

lua lua signed for brighton i think. tavernier meant to be alright

smith is at mcdons, don't think he'll quite make the grade

lua lua signed for brighton i think. tavernier meant to be alright

smith is at mcdons, don't think he'll quite make the grade

LuaLua's permanent now  ;)

Tavernier and Vuckic will make the grade imo. Alnwick's meant to be a canny keeper as well, maybe back up for Krul in a few years?

Thanks for that    O0

Xisco at Depor

Wait? Really? I have watched quite a few Depor games this season in Liga Adelante and I have never, ever seen him on the pitch. :lol:

4 appearances this season. 184 minutes altogether  :laugh:

Found

Lua Lua at Brighton

Forster at Celtic

Tavernier at Carlisle

Alnwick at Gateshead

Airey at Hibs

Xisco at Depor

Tav is now at MK Dons.

Airey is back here after a very short loan spell with Gateshead.

Well, I understand that London is a wealthier place than Barcelona, so they can squeeze more out of you. We could probably jack up our ST prices, since there's a several year waiting list, but it would be deeply unpopular.

You've got the big stadium already, we haven't started yet so we're raising money.  When it's built prices will still remain high as the stadium loans have to be paid.  Arsenal's tickets, generally speaking, are more expensive than ours. 

This may even be worthy of a thread, but...

Grant Wahl (Sports Illustrated) just tweeted that CONCACAF President said there are talks to combine North/South America for a huge Copa America tournament beginning in 2016. That could be pretty cool.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/internacional/noticias/2012/02/08/pretenden-nueva-era-en-concacaf (In Spanish)

Xisco at Depor

Wait? Really? I have watched quite a few Depor games this season in Liga Adelante and I have never, ever seen him on the pitch. :lol:

4 appearances this season. 184 minutes altogether  :laugh:

Been crocked. Nee surprise there.

I'm sure we're on course for higher attendances this season as well.

With all the deals offered out this season i was staying clear of how much that would bring in :D

Filled seats bring in more money than empty seats. Ticket sales, programmes, food and drink, club shop, Shearer's bar etc. It all adds up. :thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Cruyff is a legend and I will listen to anything he has to say about football, but he really is an egotistical t***.

A bit responsible for the current Barca prowess & Spain's world cup win?

Discuss.

:lol: Go on then, what was the question?

Which Premier League club spent the most money in the January transfer window?

Went for QPR based on them signing Cisse, Zamora & Taiwo, and also being minted.

Was being said a lot on here that Chelsea ended up going above us on money spent too with that Bruyne kid or whatever, too? Would've taken a stab at them ahead of us too tbh.

:lol: Go on then, what was the question?

Which Premier League club spent the most money in the January transfer window?

Went for QPR based on them signing Cisse, Zamora & Taiwo, and also being minted.

Was being said a lot on here that Chelsea ended up going above us on money spent too with that Bruyne kid or whatever, too? Would've taken a stab at them ahead of us too tbh.

Aye, Chelsea ended up the highest overall spenders this January but we spent the most on a single player.

The pub got it wrong then.