Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Sweden, Denmark and Finland have been awarded the Fair Play Europa League places, not England. So no Burnley fairy tale.

f*** Finland. 0.001 points ahead of Norway, fuming over here. :angry:

So the top 4 were Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway???? Hmmmmm.

I was sitting thinking yesterday about some of the ridiculous things that some of my mates and other random fans have come out with.  The one that really bugs me though...

Ravanelli and Christie (Yes, Malcolm Christie) is a better strikeforce than Shearer and Bellamy.

WHAT THE FUCK? They were being deadly serious as well.  Been told other gems as well, like Jlloyd Samuel should play for England (back in his Villa days) when he was average at best and having a group of Bolton fans tell me that Gary Megson was one of the best managers in the league.  Oh how they were all proven wrong :)

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds like to conversation i had on Wednesday night in the pub. This bloke(about 50) insisted that:

Williamson/Colo are a European level CB pairing

Barton/Nolan would give any midfield a run for their money

Carroll/Shola are more than capable of hitting 15 goals each next season

Jonas is the best winger in football

He then made a bet with me that would would finish a guaranteed top 10. Needless to say i accepted :idiot2:

Guest Roger Kint

Great advert for our support :doh:

Aye, needless to say he wasnt keen on admitting how many games he went to this year ;D

I like this bit....

Looking to raise my spirits, a friend comments that Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne emerged under a Conservative government. Another points to the emergence of Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson, the return to form of David Wheater. It is a time for clutching at straws.

I like this bit....

Looking to raise my spirits, a friend comments that Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne emerged under a Conservative government. Another points to the emergence of Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson, the return to form of David Wheater. It is a time for clutching at straws.

Clutching at straws is definitely the right way to put it. They were 3 of the best players the country has seen the modern day equivalents have a lot of work to do!

Guest schmuck

A wheezy amble at best, surely

Sounds like to conversation i had on Wednesday night in the pub. This bloke(about 50) insisted that:

Williamson/Colo are a European level CB pairing

Carroll/Shola are more than capable of hitting 15 goals each next season

Jonas is the best winger in football

He then made a bet with me that would would finish a guaranteed top 10. Needless to say i accepted :idiot2:

If by that he meant an obscure Estonian club in the Europa qualifying rounds......then maybe yes. yes they are!

Sweden, Denmark and Finland have been awarded the Fair Play Europa League places, not England. So no Burnley fairy tale.

f*** Finland. 0.001 points ahead of Norway, fuming over here. :angry:

So the top 4 were Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway???? Hmmmmm.

England were third going into the last set of games, then the mackems got 2 men sent off and it all went to shit

Guest palnese

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but Leonardo has left AC Milan by mutual consent.

Speaking at a Press Conference, Leonardo said: “It's all very clear, we have come to the end.

“We met this morning and made a decision.”

I think he's done a good job with that squad tbf. 80 % of the players must be 30 or older.

Guest Heneage

It's times like these where cynics say giving contracts to Ibrahim Ba in his late 30's and to Clarence Seedorf's brother as a gesture of good will is costing them.

It's times like these where cynics say giving contracts to Ibrahim Ba in his late 30's and to Clarence Seedorf's brother as a gesture of good will is costing them.

Real Madrid had to do the same IIRC.

If thats Chedric he wiki indicates he has made 6 appearances in 10 years as a pro.