Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Aye right.

Can't speak for his personal character like, but given that he's a professional ref who knows he's being recorded all match I'll going to take this one with a pinch of salt.

Assuming you mean the mics, they're not recorded apparently. But yeah.

really? surely recording it would make dealing with whether he saw an incident or not easy.........

actually that makes too much sense for them alright

He'd have to be pretty stupid to racially abuse a player, in a game he's refereeing, on telly too.

Sounds like sour grapes tbh. Either way, his career's probably over.

if the claim turns out to be bullshit as I suspect Chelsea really should have the book thrown at them

He'd have to be pretty stupid to racially abuse a player, in a game he's refereeing, on telly too.

if the claim turns out to be bullshit as I suspect Chelsea really should have the book thrown at them

Should be huge points deduction for shit of this magnitude if they are on the wind up.

What makes you say this btw mate?

What makes you say this btw mate?

Just the scale of how much this will inevitably be reported on (its already started)

Guilty until proven guilty, even when proven innocent, in the British media.

I think this'll follow him in the future (his ridiculous officiating today, not the racism accusations) but not ruin his career.

Totally sick of the way football's going on lately. From handshakes to t-shirts, everything just seems to be a story to talk about, it's not about the actual football anymore. This tweet from Phillipe Auclair sums it up:

Is the Premier League still about football, or just about narratives related to it, a screen on which to project neuroses and prejudice?

So two separate incidents. Seems even more unlikely.

Whole thing is so random, can't believe he would do it but then find it just as strange to go to the trouble of making it up when there is no tangible benefit other than revenge.  :dontknow:

So he was racist twice in the same match, once to a black man and then to a white man - for what reason? Absolute bollocks if you ask me, if (when) it becomes clear Chelsea are bullshitting then the FA should really come down hard on them. If you're going to fuck over some poor referee then slag off his refereeing ability, dont accuse him of something that the media will have a fucking field day with regardless of any evidence as of yet