Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Thanks Quayside.  Interesting stuff.

-   Have we actually taken £32m out of our wage bill since 2008?

I think it's not too far off. 

Owen and Viduka were £10m between them.

So that leaves £22m (or £423K per week) to save from Given, Martins, Milner, Nzogbia, Cacapa, Duff, Bassong, Beye, Gonzales and Xisco (assuming Santander pay his wage this year).  Did those 10 players have an average salary of £42,300 a week?  Probably not quite, but it must be a good slice of that.

Edit: Do "wages" mean only player wages and everyone else goes in other costs? Or is it a total wage bill which would include the 1000 staff that have lost their jobs?

If you're going to remove Given and N'Zogbia from the wage bill then you'd need to add Nolan and Taylor to it.  Personally I guessed at our player wage bill as dropping about £26m.

That sounds reasonable.

200 other staff were let go too though which would go some way to making up the other £6m to make £32m.

Those 200 would have to be on an average salary of £30k each.

Which is entirely feasible, given Dennis Wise was on £1.5m not to mention his scout friends who sorted out the 'commercial' deals that were nowt to do with football.

So that leaves £22m (or £423K per week) to save from Given, Martins, Milner, Nzogbia, Cacapa, Duff, Bassong, Beye, Gonzales and Xisco (assuming Santander pay his wage this year).  Did those 10 players have an average salary of £42,300 a week?  Probably not quite, but it must be a good slice of that.

Edit: Do "wages" mean only player wages and everyone else goes in other costs? Or is it a total wage bill which would include the 1000 staff that have lost their jobs?

If you're going to remove Given and N'Zogbia from the wage bill then you'd need to add Nolan and Taylor to it.  Personally I guessed at our player wage bill as dropping about £26m.

That sounds reasonable.

200 other staff were let go too though which would go some way to making up the other £6m to make £32m.

Which is entirely feasible, given Dennis Wise was on £1.5m not to mention his scout friends who sorted out the 'commercial' deals that were nowt to do with football.

Still paying Wise aren't we? Or at least had to pay him off. Not a saving this year

That sounds reasonable.

Still paying Wise aren't we? Or at least had to pay him off. Not a saving this year

Not a sving on the overall figure.  But wouldn't it move into "other costs", like Keegan and Allardyces pay-offs?

Arent they announcing the names of some big investors tomorrow?

Apparently so.

I've heard someone from Sage is involved but that's just through the grapevine and will probably be total horseshite.

If its Wiley then its horespoo. He has said many times that he has no interest in owning a football club

Then again backing NUST and putting some money into there campaign isn't exactly owning a football club. 

NUST to work with Ashley to aid NUFC exit

Jan 15 2010 by Adam Jupp, Evening Chronicle

THE FANS trust plotting a Toon takeover hope to work with Mike Ashley to help him find an exit route from St James’ Park.

Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust (NUST) wants to buy-out the billionaire and run the Magpies in the style of Spanish giants Barcelona.

Fans are being asked to pledge cash or unlock part of their pension in order to raise the funds needed to purchase the club.

It is understood they are gearing up to make him an offer in the near future, having already secured up to £50m in pledges.

In the meantime, the Trust has revealed some of the organisations it is working with on the takeover campaign, called “Yes We Can”.

The financial advisers being used are the London-based corporate investment firm the Delphi Partnership, while the HRC Group are working with the Trust on compliance issues. Trust bosses say a leading Newcastle-based legal firm has been appointed to work on contractual issues but its identity is not yet being revealed.

And chartered accountants Hentons, of Leeds, have been working with the Trust in an advisory role.

NUST spokesman Mark Jensen said: “Our partners have a proven track record in providing the very best advice and we will be announcing further partners in the next weeks.

“We’re entering an exciting phase and since the current owners have set out their exit strategy we are keen to speed up our campaign and ensure the legal position is portrayed correctly.

“Having read some comments attributed to the club, we would assure them that we’ve thought about how we develop the club and re-connect it with its community and our plans when finalised will demonstrate that.”

A source close to the Trust added: “We know the fans need to play an integral part in the re-birth of the club and we feel the current playing staff have really performed, including the manager Chris Hughton, but the uncertainty created by Mr Ashley’s commitment to put the club back on the market may destabilise that.

“We want to assure fans, players and the current manager that we back their efforts 100% and we’re confident the fans will consistently amaze the rest of the footballing world with their loyalty.”

A club run by the fans would see a president elected by those who have bought a stake. The format has been likened to the way Barcelona is operated, as well as a number of German clubs.

The minimum donation for fans to have a stake in the club is £1,500 but smaller donations can be made to be included in stakes bought by the Trust as a whole.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2010/01/15/nust-to-work-with-ashley-to-aid-nufc-exit-72703-25608626/

When did Ashley 'commit himself to putting the club back on the market?'

Common sense would say that if he gets a decent offer, he's likely to accept. But as far as I know, he's not said he's going to put the club back up for sale, in the manner that he did at the beginning of this season.

Apart from that, no news of any significance there.

Before anyone complains they said it was their ADVISORS they were announcing today NOT their main investors ;D

It's always been a bit vague, but it seems that 'backers' have morphed into 'partners' and now into 'advisers'. Presumably 'mates' is the next step.

Guest Roger Kint

Before anyone complains they said it was their ADVISORS they were announcing today NOT their main investors ;D

It's always been a bit vague, but it seems that 'backers' have morphed into 'partners' and now into 'advisers'. Presumably 'mates' is the next step.

Read the first email, it clearly says ADVISORS hence why i posted this to stop anyone talking bollocks, well done on managing to fail to understand it.

Read the first email, it clearly says ADVISORS hence why i posted this to stop anyone talking bollocks, well done on managing to fail to understand it.

It still wont stop some the NO anti-NUST brigade trying to make it into some form of conspiracy.

It still wont stop some the NO anti-NUST brigade trying to make it into some form of conspiracy.

To be honest I'm more concerned that they are using accountants from Leeds. Think of the petrol money being spent on the A1. I'm sure that there must have been at least one Geordie accountancy firm willing to do the work

(tongue firmly in cheek)

To be honest I'm more concerned that they are using accountants from Leeds. Think of the petrol money being spent on the A1. I'm sure that there must have been at least one Geordie accountancy firm willing to do the work

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Leeds Mafia Out!!!!

Calm down, will you?

This is what NUST said at the start of the campaign -

‘It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.’

This is what they said at the beginning of the year -

‘On that note, on 15 Jan we will be announcing our partners and how the YWC campaign will continue over the coming weeks, so if you haven't already then please sign up to find out more here.’

Guest Roger Kint

Am perfectly calm, i read the latest email and knew what was going on :rolleyes:

'Over 1000 people have signed up on the back of that e-mail and on 15 Jan we'll be announcing our advisers on our next moves.'

Am perfectly calm, i read the latest email and knew what was going on :rolleyes:

'Over 1000 people have signed up on the back of that e-mail and on 15 Jan we'll be announcing our advisers on our next moves.'

Great now we are having a debate about who it is that NUST were supposed to announce. I'm not sure what they said last. but I had the impression all along that today was supposed to be the big day (not all the big investors...just one would do to prove that this is a serious attempt). Funny thing is nobody reminded us that it was 'advisors' before the 15th, and now on the 15th, when it looks like no significant announcement will be made, all the excuses are coming out.

Guest Roger Kint

Great now we are having a debate about who it is that NUST were supposed to announce. I'm not sure what they said last. but I had the impression all along that today was supposed to be the big day (not all the big investors...just one would do to prove that this is a serious attempt). Funny thing is nobody reminded us that it was 'advisors' before the 15th, and now on the 15th, when it looks like no significant announcement will be made, all the excuses are coming out.

Fucking hell :facepalm:

f***ing hell :facepalm:

Yup that facepalm refers nicely to NUST  :lol:

That's the problem with using words. They can be taken to mean different things depending on the context and who is reading them. They don't seem to know this so can we really trust them to run a football club? How can they expect us to happily hand over money to them?

It's totally unprofessional. If they spoke Esperanto they wouldn't have this problem.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Hentons is a Sage Business Partner.

http://www.hentons.com/services/sage-support/index.html

Dunno if that's relevant, but Sage have been mentioned in this thread before.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Hentons is a Sage Business Partner.

http://www.hentons.com/services/sage-support/index.html

Dunno if that's relevant, but Sage have been mentioned in this thread before.

Partner? Or do you mean advisor? Two completely different things, HF.