Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I’m not sure mate - i am tempted to as I genuinely do think Thomas will listen, but he’s leaving apparently and going to the FSA

Try and get along. Would be my first NUST meeting so not sure what to expect.

Yeah, this isn't about getting a Season Ticket back - it's about going through with what they said regarding points. They launched a scheme about protecting points and then ditched it when we got taken over.

Nobody deserves their ticket back, including me. But points I will always argue - even if I still had mine - should be permanent due to the cost/effort involved.

Either way, the points scheme needs reviewed to open it up to more people - specifically youngsters. I've had my day really, but my son certainly hasn't.

Regardless of what the Trust said they would try to do, the club is never protecting points. Lunacy to think that was ever a goer. It shouldn’t have been promised.

Why would the club piss off fans who actually pay for STs so people who no longer put a penny into NUFC can be at the front of the queue for away matches? Appreciate people are very protective of what they’ve built up over decades of following the team but that doesn’t entitle them to first dibs on away matches if they no longer go to home games.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

so people who no longer put a penny into NUFC

What do you mean by this? Some people gave up their Season Tickets in protest, some over the years due to cost (losing jobs etc), some due to relocation. Just because somebody doesn't have a season ticket doesn't mean they don't put any money into the club.

I understand your perspective on it though. It's a tough one.

6 minutes ago, christ said:

Regardless of what the Trust said they would try to do, the club is never protecting points. Lunacy to think that was ever a goer. It shouldn’t have been promised.

Why would the club piss off fans who actually pay for STs so people who no longer put a penny into NUFC can be at the front of the queue for away matches? Appreciate people are very protective of what they’ve built up over decades of following the team but that doesn’t entitle them to first dibs on away matches if they no longer go to home games.

When @Chicken Dancermentions protecting points, I assume he means that if you have a load of points, then drop your ST for a period of time, the points become active again should you subsequently get a ST again.

Rather than being able to use them to get away tickets without having a ST.

The loyalty points thing is very difficult to resolve, it's basically impossible to buy an away ticket ever. So you'll never be able to get any points. But demand for away tickets will always be much higher than supply, no matter what system you use. 

Ideally I would like some form of ID check where you can't buy tickets to give to other people, but I can't see any away grounds actually enforcing that. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The loyalty points thing is very difficult to resolve, it's basically impossible to buy an away ticket ever. So you'll never be able to get any points. But demand for away tickets will always be much higher than supply, no matter what system you use. 

Ideally I would like some form of ID check where you can't buy tickets to give to other people, but I can't see any away grounds actually enforcing that. 

Technology and non-transferable digital tickets are the eventual answer. 

Even then there’d probably be a way round it, but it would reduce the ‘buy to sell on’ market significantly.

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’ve always thought out of 3K allocation you should stick to the system we have for say 2.5K and put 500 on 0 points to allow those wanting to go a chance and build up their points.

From that 500 you’d find the top end point holders who do sell their tickets just for points having a greatly smaller target market.

Most people who do apply do so for themselves or for friends or fans that go on same coaches so let’s not through the baby out with the bath water.

Theres very little scalping going on and any that is should be easily exposed.

I’m not really against the buying to give to others, it’s just that the person who goes to the game doesn’t get points and the person who buys the ticket does. 

Like you say, all good if that can be avoided and some new people can start earning a few points. 

Still will take decades to get up the list of course, but at least they have a chance at those 500 tickets in the meantime. 

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Wonder what the club will do should we get to Wembley , will season ticket holders get priority ? 

A good way to do it would be those with a purchase history of the cup games so far, but there will always be a way to piss off someone else.

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

A good way to do it would be those with a purchase history of the cup games so far, but there will always be a way to piss off someone else.

Whatever way they choose to do it there will be relentless pissing and moaning from those it doesn’t suit.

But let’s get through the semi before worrying about that…

1 hour ago, christ said:

I think (?) you have misunderstood what he was saying. He wouldn’t be jumping the queue of those with current STs. I took it if he returned (therefore buying an ST like anyone else) his points would’ve remained at where he left off rather than starting at zero. Not giving him first chance of away games without a ST.

Thats the way I understood his point which is a fair one if so.

42 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Wonder what the club will do should we get to Wembley , will season ticket holders get priority ? 

Well, yes. Has any club ever done it differently?

Edited by Hovagod

Just now, Geogaddi said:

No idea, don't follow other clubs ticket allocation and I was only 16 last time we got to Wembley. 

Well, yeah, it will be season ticket holders first, then members, then general. Can’t imagine they would change the system they use for every away game. Selfishly hope I’m not wrong because I don’t have a purchase history in the cup this year. 

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Well, yeah, it will be season ticket holders first, then members, then general. Can’t imagine they would change the system they use for every away game. Selfishly hope I’m not wrong because I don’t have a purchase history in the cup this year. 

I agree season ticket holder priority is the fair way to do it, although looks like Chelsea and Liverpool got 33k each last year and we probably have more season ticket holders than 33k.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I agree season ticket holder priority is the fair way to do it, although looks like Chelsea and Liverpool got 33k each last year and we probably have more season ticket holders than 33k.

Is it though? I'm lucky in the sense that I have access to a ST so if that's the case, it suits me down to the ground. However I'd argue that a purchase history in this competition should also come into it.

As others have said, impossible to please everybody. The demand would be off the scale, that's for sure.

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

Is it though? I'm lucky in the sense that I have access to a ST so if that's the case, it suits me down to the ground. However I'd argue that a purchase history in this competition should also come into it.

As others have said, impossible to please everybody. The demand would be off the scale, that's for sure.

I agree purchase history should come into it for this seasons carabao cup, although would imagine most season ticket holders have either been or given a ticket to someone else to use so not sure it would make that much of a difference.

3 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Nail on the head. I still to this day feel completely hoodwinked by their scheme and maintain I wouldn’t have packed in my Season Ticket if I didn’t think they’d at least lobby for me and let the club decide. 

Gutted to this day and pardon the pun, wouldn’t trust the Trust with anything. Jobs for the boys. No doubt that Charlotte will be next on the board.

That Tory Faith podcast keeps popping up recommendations on Youtube. Think I'd actually watch that Adam P lad than subject myself to that lot.