Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Never used to actually mind Hurst, not clued up with all the goings on with the Trust when he got involved admittedly but thought he was articulate in the wider national media ie Talkshite, Sky Sports, when it came to how shit Bruce was when he was in charge. All that I ever saw/heard from him.

But that he's a Tory and has massively hidden the fact is just like, urrrgh. Vile.

4 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Not at all, I said "front and centre of everything" which is true, not just this, which of course is posted on the NUST thread.

Also worth pointing out that I neither quoted the post nor mentioned the awards ceremony.

I get that he's your mate though.

Your response was to the post regardless if you quoted it or not anyway going round in circles as usual with you 🙂

Ive never spoken to him in my life and have passed him in a street before a game the only time I’ve even seen him 🙂

And before you ask I’m not involved in the NUST (I paid £10 lifetime membership to help re-boot them as V2.0) or attended anything to do with TF and have never even bought or read TF 🙂

I got into Podcasts for first time ever during lockdown and TF’s is one of four (free versions) NUFC ones I listen to so I’ve an idea what he looks and sounds like. 

Not sure why you’d think I was his mate. Was merely correcting you that he was never planning on stepping down from TF so to say he’s “back front and centre” doesn’t add up if he never left. The NUST thing he was going to jack it in but because others beat him to it (Heron (my friend) and someone else I recall after not long joining) he stood in and iirc Greg delayed leaving but isn’t standing for re-election is how I heard it (from Greg also my friend).

You’ve a strange obsession with him 🙂 People who know me would tell you I’m not a big fan of his but I don’t hate on him as I don’t know him at all. The fact I’ve not met him in person is probably the only thing that stops me making my mind up fully about him. Which I think is quite healthy TBH 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyway I’ll leave you to continue your crusade against him 😆

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Never used to actually mind Hurst, not clued up with all the goings on with the Trust when he got involved admittedly but thought he was articulate in the wider national media ie Talkshite, Sky Sports, when it came to how shit Bruce was when he was in charge. All that I ever saw/heard from him.

But that he's a Tory and has massively hidden the fact is just like, urrrgh. Vile.

I think he used to wilfully miss the ‘left leaning’ stuff in TF - the political bits and Peoples Assembly articles.  And the music bits.  And the cultural stuff. 

He’s becoming a bit Wraith-esque if I’m honest. He’s the new super fan (which I wouldn’t mind if he’d not stepped down from the trust and magically placed himself back in there conveniently after the takeover without a vote).

Eurgh. Really pisses me off that the trust get a bunch of tickets for away games too - and I know that for a fact. No wonder they binned their loyalty point scheme.

EDIT: I know for a fact that at least one board member of the trust gets a bunch of away tickets.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Eurgh. Really pisses me off that the trust get a bunch of tickets for away games too - and I know that for a fact. No wonder they binned their loyalty point scheme.

Didnt know that like...How's that been wangled?

33 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

EDIT: I know for a fact that at least one board member of the trust gets a bunch of away tickets.

that can't be true, surely?

@Heronany insight?

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

that can't be true, surely?

So I really don't want to get into slander territory here as I may be wrong, but chances are pretty slim. 

Basically, a lad I've known well for years through other mates then got to know myself - used to sit with him in fact - started going to more or less every away game last season. With my bitter, jealous head on 'eh how you wangled all these tickets!?'. He told me that he had got to know XXX this season, who on the board of NUFC trust who sorts him tickets as he gets them from being on the board.

Now again, I could be well off here - maybe the lad himself has it wrong - but on the final day of the season at Burnley, I had it pretty much confirmed the night before (we stayed over) that this person gets a bunch of tickets for away games. This person happens to be on the board of the trust (or at least was, I'm not 100% now). For all I know, he could get them from work or something, but that would be pretty odd given the demand.

Maybe this person just is well connected to a bunch of fans who have a load of points and don't use them, hence getting all the tickets, but the lad I know barely knows the board member, so would be strange dishing out tickets to people you barely know given the demand.

I retract my previous FACT post, but it seems more likely than not.

Well I’m friends with Emil Franchi and from the very little discussions I’ve had with him reference away tickets they definitely have a pool of them at TF but sounded like they were just their own and amongst themselves they pick and choose who use them for away games. No mention of NUST priority tickets (Greg had his own with points until recently then restarted from zero when he managed to get one this summer regardless of being in the NUST). So not disputing 100% what you believe is true however I don’t think it is.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Well I’m friends with Emil Franchi and from the very little discussions I’ve had with him reference away tickets they definitely have a pool of them at TF but sounded like they were just their own and amongst themselves they pick and choose who use them for away games. No mention of NUST priority tickets (Greg had his own with points until recently then restarted from zero when he managed to get one this summer regardless of being in the NUST). So not disputing 100% what you believe is true however I don’t think it is.

:thup: Maybe this particular member is linked to the TF lot. I'm not so sure, but he definitely gets a handful of tickets by hook or crook!

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

:thup: Maybe this particular member is linked to the TF lot. I'm not so sure, but he definitely gets a handful of tickets by hook or crook!

I think the problem the NUST does has which has been mentioned and I personally hadn’t took much note of who is who in it is that there is a lot of TF links it seems to the NUST (not sure numbers or %) and the lines get blurred clearly.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Good idea and will allow others to be able to build up their points too, rather than people hoarding.

I assume that, like Brighton, it will only be a small(ish), randomly selected number of tickets. If all 3k of an away following had to go somewhere to pick up tickets, that would seem logistically problematic to me.

On 16/11/2022 at 13:44, Stifler said:

Maybe, just maybe it’s because they are the official supporters trust and FSA registered? Surely there is some sort of FA/FSA requirement that a member of the trust has to attend away games?

but surely it would make sense that those purporting to represent the fans would be eligible for tickets anyway through their loyalty / previous attendance? Or you have people representing the fans who are not really qualified to do so. Quite toryesque really. 

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

I assume that, like Brighton, it will only be a small(ish), randomly selected number of tickets. If all 3k of an away following had to go somewhere to pick up tickets, that would seem logistically problematic to me.

Yeah you're right. But it would be a positive change I think, if they can work out a way to do it. Loyalty points are the fairest way to allocate away tickets, but people who don't attend shouldn't get a point.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Yeah you're right. But it would be a positive change I think, if they can work out a way to do it. Loyalty points are the fairest way to allocate away tickets, but people who don't attend shouldn't get a point.

They’d do well to let Arsenal/Brighton give it a go for a while and then ask for a bit of feedback. Similarly the Trust could get in touch with their equivalents and see how the fans of those clubs feel things have gone.

Step up… Get rid…

Newcastle United Supporters Trust

Annual Election - Process and Timeline

Dear Member,

It is fair to say that life as a Newcastle United supporter is never dull, and events over the last 12 months have certainly shown that to be the case. After 14 years of life under Mike Ashley control of the club finally changed hands in October 2021.

The club is now embarking on a new journey, and after years of largely being ignored by the previous owner, new ownership and new ‘behind the scenes’ appointments, will hopefully lead to improved engagement between the club and its supporters.

With this in mind, the NUST board have recently had a series of positive engagements and meetings with Sarah Medcalf, the newly appointed Head of Supporter Services. Our interactions with Sarah to date have been hugely positive; further meetings will undoubtedly follow, and the Trust Board are looking forward to a new era of fan engagement.

As members will know the NUST rules allow for elections to the NUST board on a yearly basis. This gives an opportunity for members to step forward and take a greater role in shaping NUST’s future by standing for election to the NUST Board. It also offers NUST members who do not wish to or are unable to stand for a place on the Board, the opportunity to vote for those they would like to see take on the role of Board member.

This year there are 4 positions open to NUST members to join the Board, and each new Board member will serve a term of 3 years. 

We would strongly encourage members to get involved by either standing for election or choosing their preferred candidates.

Full details of the election process and timeline can be found below. 

Election Management Group / Committee 

The election will be run under the control of an Election Management Group which will be Chaired by Neil le Milliere on behalf of the Football Supporters Association and the Exeter City Supporters Trust. The other member of the Group will be former NUST board member Colin Whittle.

Period: Friday 25th November 2022 until Friday 2nd December 2022

Members must register their interest in standing for a position on the NUST Board by downloading a nomination form from the NUST WESBITE - this should be completed in full and returned together with a statement in support of their nomination (400 - 1000 words) to the Independent Chair of the Election Management Group Neil Le Milliere at [email protected] 

Period: Saturday 3rd December 2022 – Friday 9th December 2022.

Candidate information (nomination form and statement in support) will be sent to members and will also be made available on the NUST website for members to view, ahead of the period for voting. On-line Hustings will be arranged (date to be confirmed) to allow candidates to address members. 

Period: Monday 12th December 2022 -Thursday 12th January 2023.

Members to vote either online or by post for their preferred candidates (further details in respect of this process to follow)

Date: Thursday 12th January 2023

Annual General Meeting* to announce the results of the election (venue / time TBC).

*Agenda items and / or members resolutions for the AGM should be submitted by midnight Friday 9th December 2022.The AGM agenda and meeting pack will be distributed to members with proxy details on or around Thursday 15th December 2022.

For further enquiries regarding the election process please feel free to contact the Independent Chair of the Elections Management Group Neil Le Milliere at [email protected] 

For further details of the Election Policy please visit the NUST WEBSITE

Newcastle United Supporters Trust embrace diversity, equality, and inclusion in a serious way. We are committed to building a Board that is made up of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, skills, and views.

NUST has a global, multicultural membership and we want to ensure that the Board of NUST reflects this - the more representative we are, the better we will be able to ensure that all our members are heard.
Members are therefore encouraged to stand for election regardless of race, gender identity, religion, citizenship, disability, age, or sexual orientation.

Creating a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s imperative for all Newcastle United Supporters.