'Ten pints, some angry words, a huge punch-up. That was then.'

Dave

If you wind up a cage-fighter in drag and get kicked to s*** then you're an idiot who deserves everything you get, if you wind up a premiership footballer and get kicked to s***, then you're a poor defenceless late night reveller.

I detest hypocrisy.

Where's the hypocrisy?  Barton's victim = ****, cage fighters victim's = ****s.  Barton = footballer paid millions to keep his nose clean and is contractually obliged to look after his body, cage fighters = can do what they want (within the realms of the law, of course, pedants).

That's where the difference lies.

If you wind up a cage-fighter in drag and get kicked to shit then you're an idiot who deserves everything you get, if you wind up a premiership footballer and get kicked to shit, then you're a poor defenceless late night reveller.

I detest hypocrisy.

Explains your self-hatred, then :pow:

Guest toonlass

If you wind up a cage-fighter in drag and get kicked to s*** then you're an idiot who deserves everything you get, if you wind up a premiership footballer and get kicked to s***, then you're a poor defenceless late night reveller.

I detest hypocrisy.

Where's the hypocrisy?  Barton's victim = ****, cage fighters victim's = ****s.  Barton = footballer paid millions to keep his nose clean and is contractually obliged to look after his body, cage fighters = can do what they want (within the realms of the law, of course, pedants).

That's where the difference lies.

Why the *s?

If you wind up a cage-fighter in drag and get kicked to shit then you're an idiot who deserves everything you get, if you wind up a premiership footballer and get kicked to shit, then you're a poor defenceless late night reveller.

I detest hypocrisy.

those lads didn't 'wind up' the cage fighters, they attacked them. quite a big fucking difference. another difference - Barton attacked a passerby he wrongfully thought was the guy insulting him. another difference - the cage fighter punched the guys to the floor and continued on his way, Barton floored a young lad and continued to beat him while he was on the ground. the correct comparison is not with barton and the cage fighters, but with barton and the little scrotes who attacked the cage fighters. both were totally wasted and went looking for fights with different groups of people.

I detest hypocrisy.

those lads didn't 'wind up' the cage fighters, they attacked them. quite a big fucking difference. another difference - Barton attacked a passerby he wrongfully thought was the guy insulting him. another difference - the cage fighter punched the guys to the floor and continued on his way, Barton floored a young lad and continued to beat him while he was on the ground. the correct comparison is not with barton and the cage fighters, but with barton and the little scrotes who attacked the cage fighters. both were totally wasted and went looking for fights with different groups of people.

Its not about 'correct' comparisons, its about morality and hypocrisy. I just shoe-horned a topical example in to illustrate the point.

Personally I do feel sorry for Barton in a way. He has admitted he has a drink problem and has made steps to sort that out (teetotal now isn't he?). There are plenty of fuckwits in the Bigg Market every night of the week who don't even admit that they drink too much. He gets short shrift from referees all over the place (and that has been seen over and over again). He is getting help for his anger problem. Aye he is not the nicest bloke in the world (but not every footballer can be Alan Shearer can they?) The lad has held his hands up, admitted his demons and is working on his problems. Now if he can get some luck with his injury problems and get a good run of games together on the football field when his foot has healed we might see a decent footballer out there.

They aren't professional footballers though, and don't get paid 60k a week.  Barton is obliged to keep his body in tip top condition.

The lad has admitted he has a problem, has faced it and is sorting himself out.

Why can't you do the same with your posts? Some of them in here have been stupid.

Compaired to all of the ones you make  :pow:

I haven't said anything nearly as fuckwitted as some of yours, in the Jackson thread. You're heading to that level again in this thread.

Get away with you man. The comments in the Jackson thread were meant to wind people up and they succeeded.

If you think its wrong to give someone another chance, when he has entered rehab, given up drinking and is trying to sort himself out then that's your problem.

The sheer fact you are trying to stand up for someone who has constantly took the piss at this club whilst being paid £60,000 a week for the privelage is f***ing laughable. When you said to Frazzle "Hang him out to dry eh?" you pretty much entered the loony bin. People are sick of hearing about his latest second chance, and so much so they don't really give a monkeys chuff what Barton now has to say in his latest interview. He's rightly been barracked for being a little t*** and for playing badly, and he should be able to stand up for himself - that's what he says in the interview, if you read it, so why are you trying to do it for him? Get a f***ing grip.

Oh, and when you have been told by everyone how s**** this argument is, are you going to say it was a joke intended to wind people up too? It seems like an easy cop out for someone who posts a load of cobblers to me.

Why so serious Pilko man?

I said he was playing badly before he was injured. I acknowledged that his actions were wrong. However he is trying to sort himself out. He has "constantly took the piss at this club"? Bollocks, he f***ed up big time at Christmas almost two years ago. He has been in rehab, been to prison and has come out and attempted and is succeeding in keeping his nose clean. <b>If your bosses gave you a right telling off in front of all your work-mates and started getting personal about you would you stand there and take it or would you stand up for yourself?</b>

I am not on the wind up. I think he has tried really hard to sort out his personal problems. A lot of alcoholics do things far worse than what Barton did because they have no control over their addiction. I would like to see his football improve when he comes back and for him to help us back into the premiership. Give over on the Jacko thread as well, sad that you need to drag up things from the past to throw at people when they put something you don't agree with.

Have you ever been in a changing room let alone a professional one? There's some incredible things said and one your in the wrong you have to wear it, at least until things calm down and you can approach people face to face.  In professional football the manager is the law and when he's ranting you eat shit whether you agree or not!

Guest toonlass

Personally I do feel sorry for Barton in a way. He has admitted he has a drink problem and has made steps to sort that out (teetotal now isn't he?). There are plenty of fuckwits in the Bigg Market every night of the week who don't even admit that they drink too much. He gets short shrift from referees all over the place (and that has been seen over and over again). He is getting help for his anger problem. Aye he is not the nicest bloke in the world (but not every footballer can be Alan Shearer can they?) The lad has held his hands up, admitted his demons and is working on his problems. Now if he can get some luck with his injury problems and get a good run of games together on the football field when his foot has healed we might see a decent footballer out there.

They aren't professional footballers though, and don't get paid 60k a week.  Barton is obliged to keep his body in tip top condition.

Why can't you do the same with your posts? Some of them in here have been stupid.

I haven't said anything nearly as fuckwitted as some of yours, in the Jackson thread. You're heading to that level again in this thread.

Get away with you man. The comments in the Jackson thread were meant to wind people up and they succeeded.

If you think its wrong to give someone another chance, when he has entered rehab, given up drinking and is trying to sort himself out then that's your problem.

The sheer fact you are trying to stand up for someone who has constantly took the piss at this club whilst being paid £60,000 a week for the privelage is f***ing laughable. When you said to Frazzle "Hang him out to dry eh?" you pretty much entered the loony bin. People are sick of hearing about his latest second chance, and so much so they don't really give a monkeys chuff what Barton now has to say in his latest interview. He's rightly been barracked for being a little t*** and for playing badly, and he should be able to stand up for himself - that's what he says in the interview, if you read it, so why are you trying to do it for him? Get a f***ing grip.

Oh, and when you have been told by everyone how s**** this argument is, are you going to say it was a joke intended to wind people up too? It seems like an easy cop out for someone who posts a load of cobblers to me.

I said he was playing badly before he was injured. I acknowledged that his actions were wrong. However he is trying to sort himself out. He has "constantly took the piss at this club"? Bollocks, he f***ed up big time at Christmas almost two years ago. He has been in rehab, been to prison and has come out and attempted and is succeeding in keeping his nose clean. <b>If your bosses gave you a right telling off in front of all your work-mates and started getting personal about you would you stand there and take it or would you stand up for yourself?</b>

I am not on the wind up. I think he has tried really hard to sort out his personal problems. A lot of alcoholics do things far worse than what Barton did because they have no control over their addiction. I would like to see his football improve when he comes back and for him to help us back into the premiership. Give over on the Jacko thread as well, sad that you need to drag up things from the past to throw at people when they put something you don't agree with.

Have you ever been in a changing room let alone a professional one? There's some incredible things said and one your in the wrong you have to wear it, at least until things calm down and you can approach people face to face.  In professional football the manager is the law and when he's ranting you eat shit whether you agree or not!

:laugh: No I haven't. Not since the hockey and netball I played in High School tbh.

Have you ever been in a changing room let alone a professional one? There's some incredible things said and one your in the wrong you have to wear it, at least until things calm down and you can approach people face to face.  In professional football the manager is the law and when he's ranting you eat s*** whether you agree or not!

:laugh: No I haven't. Not since the hockey and netball I played in High School tbh.

Sorry I sounded a bit big headed in that quote it's just that I was lucky enough to play football to a high level and unlucky enough to have have it taken away from me before retirement and the stuff I took in football is far beyond what I would expect or be prepared to take in my more normal job now, which was what I was trying to point out.

Thanks

Barton's always come across as very eloquent and interesting in interviews, I was particularly impressed with how he dealt with Gabby Logan on Inside Sport (incidentally, was that before the incident that landed him in jail? Can't remember the chronology personally). I just haven't seen him do any talking on the pitch - I thought he was good, no more than good, under KK but other than that he's been consistently poor for us. I think the ability's in there, I'd love to see it one day. Not sure I will though.

Barton will not be the first or the last player to get into some sort of off field trouble. As a club, we have had our fair share of trouble makers who have rebelled agaqinst the club in one way or another. Players like Dyer, Bowyer, Bellamy etc come to mind imm,ediately. Other players from other clubs such as Lee Hughes who  served jail time for killing someone in a motor vehicle accident, patrick Kluivert who did likewise and the likes of Merson and Adams at Arsenal. Even Wayne Rooney caught frequenting prostitutes and more recently, Steven Gerrard provoking a fight in a pub but getting off scot free.

To single out Barton is unfair to a certain extent and whilst he has had a history of trouble, he is in the process of addressing it. The likes of arguments with Shearer and Hughton is something which happens at every club. Football is an emotional game and players, coaches, managers etc get into regular rows over disagreements. It is part and parcel of the game. To get over these rows as quickly as possible is the real test.

Barton has had an extremely diffcult time at the club since he arrived, with his jail period and a number of serious foot injuries but he is a quality player and we are not in any position any longer to let players leave. I dont believe the club has helped him either by playing him out of position for long periods whilst with us either. Put him  in the centre of midfield with Smith and we would see a vast improvement

Barton's always come across as very eloquent and interesting in interviews, I was particularly impressed with how he dealt with Gabby Logan on Inside Sport (incidentally, was that before the incident that landed him in jail? Can't remember the chronology personally). I just haven't seen him do any talking on the pitch - I thought he was good, no more than good, under KK but other than that he's been consistently poor for us. I think the ability's in there, I'd love to see it one day. Not sure I will though.

Good post. 

The fight in Liverpool was shortly after the Inside Sport interview

A fully fit Joey Barton is a still a massive asset in the Championship, in the last 2 years since the attack he's basically done nowt wrong tbh. There are signs of an improvement.

That's a bit like saying a Gutierrez that scores 10 goals a season and gets 15 assists would be a vital cog in any team, whatever the division.

I think people have a little sympathy for Barton because he doesn't come across like an arrogant, pampered footballing twat (say Bellamy for example), he comes across very down to earth. Unfortunately his job means he will be in the public eye and a target for dickheads and he doesn't have the mental capacity to just leave it and walk away.

He is still a violent cockend but I don't think its something he wants to be or has much control over.

Every bit of trouble he has reported to have been in seems like he was provoked (Jamie Tandy going around burning peoples clothes, Dabo kicking off in tranining, being abused in the street etc..) where as someone like Bellamy it seems has gone looking for the trouble and throwing a hissy fit when not getting his own way (apparently slapping a lass, throwing a chair at Carver, hitting Riise with a golf club.

Also its unfortunate Bellamy on the whole is all fart and no shit where as Barton is full on, up all night, arse nearly bleeding, gastroenteritis.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Barton is a grade "A" cunt. He's done fuck all for us in his time here, he's constantly been involved in off the field bollocks before here and he's on 60K a week. Why the fuck should any single one of us defend his actions?

Until he seriously plays up to his so called ability then he will never have an ounce of respect from me. Left wing or not doesn't give a proffessional footballer any excuse when they can't pass a ball 10 fucking yards. I bet the same people giving that argument were probably slating Nicky Butt against QPR. Both have been shit for us since they came, Butt being the model professional but past it and Barton being the untireable cunt who talks but doesn't walk.

I tell you what Joey, as already said - when you perform we'll give you a leg to stand on, but until then just wheel yourself back to the shithole you climbed out of. Twat.

I read it on Saturday morning the lad comes across okay in his interview as he does most of the time but his ability & fitness record do not justify his whacking pay packet & how highly some people rate him.

It was strange when he mentioned he was not in it for the money, as he refused to join us until a payment of £300K was made.

Guest toonlass

I read it on Saturday morning the lad comes across okay in his interview as he does most of the time but his ability & fitness record do not justify his whacking pay packet & how highly some people rate him.

It was strange when he mentioned he was not in it for the money, as he refused to join us until a payment of £300K was made.

I apologise in advance if I am wrong but was the £300k not the loyalty bonus he wanted from Citeh?

Good post. 

The fight in Liverpool was shortly after the Inside Sport interview

So he's got form when it comes to saying the right thing and not backing it up with actions then.

I apologise in advance if I am wrong but was the £300k not the loyalty bonus he wanted from Citeh?

If may be classed as that, but City correctly in my eyes refused to pay it because as they said he chose to leave because a club had bid £5.5 million which triggered the release clause in his contract they did not at the time want to sell him. In the end it didn't effect City, Barton got the cash & NUFC ended up paying £5.8 million for player with release clause of £5.5million.

Guest toonlass

If may be classed as that, but City correctly in my eyes refused to pay it because as they said he chose to leave because a club had bid £5.5 million which triggered the release clause in his contract they did not at the time want to sell him. In the end it didn't effect City, Barton got the cash & NUFC ended up paying £5.8 million for player with release clause of £5.5million.

Ah right. I don't think any football, even the best in the world justifies anything like the wages they get.