Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Personally, I think he was really bad on both goals, and it's sad, because I think he once was a great goalkeeper. I don't necessarily think he should've saved them, but neither was 'out of reach' so he should've at the very least got down to them and made a try of it. Unfortunately his reactions are shot, so there was little point. I think come January, he needs to retire.

Sad.

Guest neesy111

The saddest part is that if he'd played regularly, these could have been his peak years.

Nah, unless your super fit like Freidel then these are the relish years of any keeper.

Always thought his reflexes were his best asset as a goakeeper, but if that disappears with age he wouldn't last much longer at this level imo. Pretty sad as he only got a chance to show it in a regular basis towards the end of his career when it would be short-lived and not as good.

He showed plenty enough reflexes to save the over-the-line goal.

Yes, he's much weaker than he used to be, but I'd still fancy him over Elliot.

He's not the second coming of the apocalypse.  Can't wait till Krul's back in, and yes Harper may let a few in that Krul would save, but it's not like he's going to walk the ball into his own net.

Edit:  Must be pretty cynical.  Don't think there's been a first apocalypse yet. :lol:

Did excetionally well when he was sold short by a back pass which he looked second best for, as well.

Yeah, I agree that he should have done a lot better for the second goal, but to be honest I thought he was otherwise excellent.

didnt look good didnt look bad either for their goals imo. still prefer him to elliot....sure our defends does as well. He is calm and experienced.

his distribution wasnt that bad either. Ba also did better than cisse in holding on to the long balls.

I thought every goal could have been prevented last night, apart from the goals that didnt count! Alot of them were very close to the keeper's body, but id say that Ba's 2nd was just superb speed of thought to adjust his foot and thus knock it under...

but Harps...didnt look too bad, there are worse keepers in the league, but we definitely missed Krul like

his face said it all when he was beaten but it shaved the post

sort of a "i got a way with that" or "hurry back tim" look :lol:

I am not sure many keepers would have close to that?  I don't we can look at every save that Harper does or doesn't make and then just assume that Krul would definitely have stopped it.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought the face was more that it was too easy for Everton like, but then again it was just his face. He might have been wondering what his wife was making for tea. Or why no one rates Jet Force Gemini on the N64.

I thought the face was more that it was too easy for Everton like, but then again it was just his face. He might have been wondering what his wife was making for tea. Or why no one rates Jet Force Gemini on the N64.

..... or whether he should have taken a six iron instead of a seven on that par three...