Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

Will do him good. Had him down to go the same way as Gary Speed sadly. He still might I suppose.

http://i.imgur.com/hwJx5h5.gif

I can see this turning into the darkest of 'Stiff List' predictions: "Are you interested in predicting the next tragic, untimely and self-inflicted demise of a former NUFC hero? Then stump-up your ten-bob for the Suicide Sweepstake!"  :undecided:

Kieron Dyer.

Whilst I understand that depression isn't a logical, simplistic thing and I'm sure it's difficult to get your head round not being a footballer, the dark hole of being a millionaire in your early thirties with the world at your feet renders this largely a load of shite. I'd have travelled the planet twice over by now.

Depression is pretty unrelated to how much money you have, and Harper has never come accross as one of those spoiled brat footballers either

I'm not necessarily saying he isn't a victim of depression or I don't see certain justification . I just am staggered at little imagination you must have to have to not be able to just spend time with your wife and family with the world at your feet with little to worry about in what it must cost. I suppose you lose the camaraderie element. I just think it's a bit much to be setting up rehab initiatives for ex pros.