Maradona press conference

Guest kingdawson

You have to wonder about the sanity of a man who confirms Jonas will be in his world cup squad but hasn't confirmed the likes of Messi or Tevez will be. I know who I'd rather have in the Newcastle team!

i thought messi was one of the four players guarenteed a place? along with jonas, does seem strange to mention a championship winger and arguably the worlds best player in the same sentence.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/15/nufc-boss-hughton-hopes-for-gutierrez-bonus-72703-24937081/2/

Maradona picked out Gutierrez – ahead of even the likes of Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez – as one of four players guaranteed to go to South Africa.

“Bolatti, (Javier) Mascherano, (Martin) Palermo and Jonas already have their place in the World Cup,” said Argentina’s coach.

Maradona insisted Gutierrez embodies the spirit and work ethic he is trying to instil in a richly-talented but enigmatic team, adding: “I love the way he wants to fight for his shirt.”

You have to wonder about the sanity of a man who confirms Jonas will be in his world cup squad but hasn't confirmed the likes of Messi or Tevez will be. I know who I'd rather have in the Newcastle team!

i thought messi was one of the four players guarenteed a place? along with jonas, does seem strange to mention a championship winger and arguably the worlds best player in the same sentence.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/15/nufc-boss-hughton-hopes-for-gutierrez-bonus-72703-24937081/2/

Maradona picked out Gutierrez – ahead of even the likes of Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez – as one of four players guaranteed to go to South Africa.

“Bolatti, (Javier) Mascherano, (Martin) Palermo and Jonas already have their place in the World Cup,” said Argentina’s coach.

Maradona insisted Gutierrez embodies the spirit and work ethic he is trying to instil in a richly-talented but enigmatic team, adding: “I love the way he wants to fight for his shirt.”

ah, thanks,  i didnt know bolatti was in that list, must of just assumed messi would be in there. marradona is mental, didnt he have loads of drug problems a while ago?

ah, thanks,  i didnt know bolatti was in that list, must of just assumed messi would be in there. marradona is mental, didnt he have loads of drug problems a while ago?

Tell me you say that in jest?  :dowie:

Tell me you say that in jest?  :dowie:

it was all over the news, then suddenly dissapeared..... certainly never herd he'd sorted himself out, drugs would explain his decision

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Maradona picked out Gutierrez ahead of even the likes of Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez as one of four players guaranteed to go to South Africa.

Bolatti, (Javier) Mascherano, (Martin) Palermo and Jonas already have their place in the World Cup, said Argentinas coach.

Maradona insisted Gutierrez embodies the spirit and work ethic he is trying to instil in a richly-talented but enigmatic team, adding: I love the way he wants to fight for his shirt.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Argentina boss Diego Maradona has refused to apologise to the press for his foul-mouthed outburst on live television.

The legendary forward guided his country to the World Cup finals in their final group game with victory over Uruguay during the week, after a year of uncertainty and criticism from the press.

And the controversial character used his live post-match interview to unleash a sexually-explicit tirade on his critics, for which Fifa have vowed to act on.

However, despite the threat of a touchline ban from football's governing body, Maradona has ruled out an apology, only offering his condolences for innocent viewers.

"I'm sorry they are saying I'm arrogant, but I'm not going to take back anything I said," Maradona told TyC Sports television.

"I have apologised to the ladies, to my mother and all the women who were watching. But to nobody else, because I don't feel I have to apologise to them."

Maradona preferred instead to highlight that he has never been seen as a role model and should not be subject of the mass media for his flare-ups.

He added: "We have many terrible things in this country - dead people every day, thefts, more poor people every day.

"Nobody speaks about that. I'm not a role model. Parents should be role models. I don't want the kids in the country to take me as an example to follow.

"What happened in that press conference was my way of releasing some steam."

More from the squat arse coke loving Argie

DIEGO MARADONA has hailed Jonas Gutierrez as Argentina’s “big discovery” – but hinted he would like to see the winger quit Newcastle in January.

Gutierrez was a hero of Argentina’s last-gasp qualification for next summer’s World Cup, winning the late free-kick which led to the only goal in an all-important victory over Uruguay on Wednesday.

Although national coach Maradona has assured Gutierrez he will be involved at South Africa 2010, he has described the 26-year-old’s exile in the Championship as a “negative.”

“For me, Jonas was a big discovery,” said Maradona. “Since he left (Argentina) for Europe, he has much improved.

“The kid is a complete player who could play right across the line in midfield or in defence.

“I still don’t understand why he is playing in the second division in England, because he has the quality to be at a big European club.

“For me, he easily has sufficient class to be in Premier League, and the fact Newcastle United did not have to sell him during the summer just gone is a negative for him.

“However, it is positive for his club if they want to return to the top division in England.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/10/18/maradona-s-gut-feeling-is-for-jonas-to-quit-toon-79310-24954839/