Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

What a shower of shit our players are serving up today.  Apart from the Reading game we haven't played the ball on the deck and looked convincing.  Other teams shitness has been the reason why were top, now teams are picking up the pace and our thin squad exposed through some injuries we are struggling.  We knew the squad was too thin before the campaign and it annoys me that we didn't get in the numbers to sort it out, even if it was season long loans.  I dread to think what were going to do in Jan when Simpson and Kishianiaelelevelly (sorry, can't remember his name!) deals end.

Our team doesn't have the experience and quality in depth to win this league at the moment.  Play-off's are still very much on the cards, but it's clear that if we don't spend in Jan to get more wingers to stretch teams, some centre back cover and someone who can pass it along the ground in centre midfield that our injuries will be our downfall.

If everyone is fit we can put out 11 that can beat anyone in the Championship, problem is that as soon as a few key ones are injured we have nobody who can play football through passing along the ground.  It makes me angry that in this game nobody moves to support a player on the ball when in attack.  We leave them isolated and being closed down by 2 or more Forrest players.  We also fuck around too much on the ball and allow the opposition to challenge us instead of moving the ball around keeping possession.  It also seems that most of our players prefer to dilly-dally on the ball and then pump a long ball up field.  It's shocking really, just fucking keep the ball on the ground and PASS IT AROUND!!!

Carroll has not been the big time scorer that we hoped  in this division so far and Harewood is getting closed down so fast that he can't get space to operate.  Smith on a booking has got him playing in fear of a second yellow, he probably should come off, but for who!

Arrggh... hope Chris Hughton can show why he should get the job permanently by giving the lads shit and then changing things to possibly get a draw or win.

Knee jerk? meh, I don't think so.  Just pissed off as our promotion bid is currently based on us getting lucky or hoping for no injuries.