Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

Gutierrez just probably tries to do to much because he thinks most of his teammates are crap

You may be right, but when he has two opposition and his team-mate is free 10 yards away he shouldn't try to fucking beat two men, he looks like he has frigging tunnel vision, has no awareness that his team-mates are free despite them and 4000 mental Geordies shouting it out to him.

Gutierrez might be frustrating but we weren't exactly doing well before he came on either. In fact we were getting pissed on.

Gutierrez just probably tries to do to much because he thinks most of his teammates are crap

You may be right, but when he has two opposition and his team-mate is free 10 yards away he shouldn't try to f***ing beat two men, he looks like he has frigging tunnel vision, has no awareness that his team-mates are free despite them and 4000 mental Geordies shouting it out to him.

I wouldn't say he has no awareness, a couple of times to beat a man and switched play to the other side of the field, stretching the team more than we did most of the game.

Aye and a couple of times he didn't bother passing the ball to lads 10 yards away from him who were clear and instead attempted to beat two men only to be dispossed.

So he does have awareness then?  Football is a team game, if the team is playing crap most players won't look good no matter how good they are (see Messi with Argentina), I'm not saying Jonas should be immune to criticism because some of his decisions yesterday were stupid.  The criticism is still over the top in my opinion though, everyone could see we played better as a team with him on the field than with him off it.

Guest toonlass

You may be right, but when he has two opposition and his team-mate is free 10 yards away he shouldn't try to fucking beat two men, he looks like he has frigging tunnel vision, has no awareness that his team-mates are free despite them and 4000 mental Geordies shouting it out to him.

Gutierrez might be frustrating but we weren't exactly doing well before he came on either. In fact we were getting pissed on.

I never said we weren't getting pissed on, I expressed an opinion about Guttierez based on what I saw of him yesterday.

I never said we weren't getting pissed on, I expressed an opinion about Guttierez based on what I saw of him yesterday.

Based on what I saw yesterday I'd rather see Jonas starting left wing ahead of Lovenkrands every day of the week.

Guest toonlass

Based on what I saw yesterday I'd rather see Jonas starting left wing ahead of Lovenkrands every day of the week.

Rather remarkably I made the comment that Lovenkrands should never be played on the wing when we signed him the first time and you won't be hearing me arguing for him to be played on the wing at any point in the future either.

Rather remarkably I made the comment that Lovenkrands should never be played on the wing when we signed him the first time and you won't be hearing me arguing for him to be played on the wing at any point in the future either.

So basically Jonas is the best option like i said. We agree.

Guest toonlass

If he gains some awareness instead of running around with blinkers on it will improve his game, yes.

You may be right, but when he has two opposition and his team-mate is free 10 yards away he shouldn't try to f***ing beat two men, he looks like he has frigging tunnel vision, has no awareness that his team-mates are free despite them and 4000 mental Geordies shouting it out to him.

If he gains some awareness instead of running around with blinkers on it will improve his game, yes.

So until he gains some awareness he shouldn't start?  :dowie:

If his team-mates knew how to actually move around the pitch, maybe he'd have more options? Granted, a couple of times yesterday he didn't give a pass when he had the chance but most of the time he has no fucker to pass to in a decent position because our movement off the ball is disgusting.

Not long back from the game. I've really got to stop going to away games as I've never seen us win one yet.

Aside from the game who was that idiot in the meadow lane dancing on the pool table fully naked 4 or 5 times? Everyone laughed at first but these turned to boos when it all became a bit embarrasing.

Guest toonlass

Who said he shouldn't start?

Fuck me, I hate arguments like this. "So you think that? Bloody hell." "Tell me where I said that" "You said this it amounts to the same thing" etc. repeat ad nauseum.

Yes, if he was better it would be great.

Sorry I misread your non sequitor and thought you were saying he should only play if he gains some awareness.

f*** me, I hate arguments like this. "So you think that? Bloody hell." "Tell me where I said that" "You said this it amounts to the same thing" etc. repeat ad nauseum.

Lucky for you that's not the case here.  :pow:

Guest toonlass

Sorry I misread your non sequitor and thought you were saying he should only play if he gains some awareness.

Apology accepted  :pow:

Literally one of the worst performances ive ever witnessed from a newcastle team. And I fucking mean that. Forest are nothing special yet we didnt look in it at all.

Where to start though? we were terrible all over the pitch. Jose Enrique looked the only half decent player and if he dosent fuck off in january i'll be very suprised. Centre backs were shite, Forest were playing with 1 man up front in Blackstock and niether Zurab or Simpson could deal with him.

In midfield we were gash, again a lack of width. Not that it mattered as not only can niether Guthrie or Lovenkrands cross a ball but their centre halfs won everything in the air. Smith being the thick fuck that he is went and got booked after 2 mins meaning he was skating on thin ice for 88 mins of the game. Lovenkrands is simply not a winger, any cunt can see that, there's no point in playing him there tbh

Carroll and harewood were ineffective throughout, the latter was shocking, absolutely dreadfull. Our gameplan consisted of Whack the ball up to Carroll or Harewood and feed off the scraps, two things wrong with that hughton, A. We should need to be feeding off scraps against Notthing bloody Forest. B. it was flawed anyway because their Centre halfs were winning everything in the air or winning all the 2nd balls. Everyone could see the tactics wernt working yet did he change owt? did he fuck. He had Ranger warming up since half time and didnt decide to put him on untill the 85th minute.  And whenever we did work it to anywhere near their goal we decided to try and walk it into the back of their net.

A truely awful performance. I'm fucking sick of away games, out of the 5 I got to last season we were shite in every one aswell.

Fucking sick as a dog.

I agree about the CBs being crap (although to be fair to Simpson he is a RB), where were they for their goal?  Why were Smith and Jose the nearest outfield players to Blackstock?

Think Simpson went to put pressure on their other striker high up the pitch, Smith was on his way back to cover but just got outpaced. Was a decent move, tbf.

I agree about the CBs being crap (although to be fair to Simpson he is a RB), where were they for their goal?  Why were Smith and Jose the nearest outfield players to Blackstock?

Ryan Taylor was the player out of position, the idiot played them on then stopped playing and waved his hand in the air.

Forest fans were a joke imo, about as small time as it gets. They celebrated at half time as if they'd just won a cup, nevermind the match itself.

As for the match everything has already been said, it was s****.

Agreed, regarding their fans. 1-0 to the famous team eh? I hope we give them a good trouncing at SJP and give them that back, but with a 4 or 5-0. If they are so big and famous, while we're so inferior, why as pointed out, celebrate as if they had won silverware. I suppose we're everyones cup final in this division.

Was there some bother near the away end? Me and the daughter were walking along side that old stand, when a Forest fan suggested taking a detour, as it was going to "blow up" in his words.

Then, on the train between Nottingham and Grantham, there was a suicidal, p***ed up, glory hunter of a Man U fan from Grantham, saying we are s**te and so are our fans. Needless to say he incurred the wrath of the travelling Toon fans, and was lucky to get off in one piece.

Guest toonlass

Forest fans were a joke imo, about as small time as it gets. They celebrated at half time as if they'd just won a cup, nevermind the match itself.

As for the match everything has already been said, it was s****.

Agreed, regarding their fans. 1-0 to the famous team eh? I hope we give them a good trouncing at SJP and give them that back, but with a 4 or 5-0. If they are so big and famous, while we're so inferior, why as pointed out, celebrate as if they had won silverware. I suppose we're everyones cup final in this division.

Was there some bother near the away end? Me and the daughter were walking along side that old stand, when a Forest fan suggested taking a detour, as it was going to "blow up" in his words.

Then, on the train between Nottingham and Grantham, there was a suicidal, p***ed up, glory hunter of a Man U fan from Grantham, saying we are s**te and so are our fans. Needless to say he incurred the wrath of the travelling Toon fans, and was lucky to get off in one piece.

The only bother I saw was two forest fans hitting each other.