The official Chris Hughton job offer facepalm thread.

S.S.R.

Good appointment tbh.

At least he'll get on with the job instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble a la Keegan.

Except by the time Keegan bailed we'd probably be 10th in the prem

The priority should really be a good manager dont ya think

Good appointment tbh.

At least he'll get on with the job instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble a la Keegan.

And your priority should be not to bite.  ;)

Good appointment tbh.

And your priority should be not to bite.  ;)

:thdn:

You should be ashamed for using Sky Sports, btw Shak! http://www.beloblog.com/KENS5/west/little-girl-sad-500.jpg

Really have no issue with the appointment at all tbh. This gets the seal of approval from me. I am much more concerned about the unbalanced/talented playing staff.

That makes no sense. :lol:

I agree with this sentiment.

What i mean to say is that Hughton is not a concern to me. Obviously I have been somewhat limited to seeing a few live matches and highlights, but looking at the playing staff, I am not surprised that we are have issues scoring/creating. I'm hoping this means Hughton is given some funds to fix this. He seems like a sharp guy who would be a transfer market maestro.

Really have no issue with the appointment at all tbh. This gets the seal of approval from me. I am much more concerned about the unbalanced/talented playing staff.

What i mean to say is that Hughton is not a concern to me. Obviously I have been somewhat limited to seeing a few live matches and highlights, but looking at the playing staff, I am not surprised that we are have issues scoring/creating. I'm hoping this means Hughton is given some funds to fix this. He seems like a sharp guy who would be a transfer market maestro.

Yeah but my point was that by appointing Hughton Ashley is all but guaranteeing that there will be no spending. He's being appointed because he's cheap and won't cause a fuss.

Guest Heneage

You should be ashamed for using Sky Sports, btw Shak! http://www.beloblog.com/KENS5/west/little-girl-sad-500.jpg

You agree that your post makes no sense. ???

Yeah but my point was that by appointing Hughton Ashley is all but guaranteeing that there will be no spending. He's being appointed because he's cheap and won't cause a fuss.

Fair point, but I am hoping (however naive that hope may be) that this has been done to put some stability in place after the patchy run that we've been going through of late. Essentially, Hughton was the manager to the end of the season anyway unless Ashley sold. As you say, Hughton is cheap and can easily be bought out by whoever would come in. I really don't this changes any plans, and I hope (that word again) that the plan is to throw around a million pounds or so in January.

edit: Yes, Kezman. Reading through my original post, it makes very little sense. I have that problem when I type fast and/or am distracted. However, I see Dave may have been saying something different.

edit (second edition): You all are amazing. I could spend a week at this computer and fail to make a facepalm photo. Keefaz can do it in fifteen minutes :no: