Can't handle this

Mowen

Absolute top post and written by someone who is a real supporter.

Unfortunately a forum by it's very definition allows anyone in to spout and rant as they please, but this forum has been particularly hysterical of late.

As you say football is no precise science and we have no right to win football matches because of our name, status or "wage bill".

In many cases the same people who were saying we'd go straight down before the season started are now wailing because we're only joint top by a narrow margin  :kasper:

Some criticise our squad strength in one post then say we should walk the league because of our wage bill in the next !

This league certainly isn't the Premier but to hear laughable comments comparing opposition teams to "pub teams" shows the writers have never played football at any standard themselves. All Championship teams are made up of well paid professional footballers who have come through the ranks. To think they'll lie down because they're playing against "big club" Newcastle is ridiculous.

We also have to realise that a Newcastle forum is a perfect place for agitators and people with an agenda against us to work. 

There are posters on here who tactically put the knife into the club and it's fans at every opportunity while trying to masqerade as Newcastle supporters. That way they think it's even more effective.

There are posters on here who have NEVER written anything positive and even a resounding win will be dismissed because the opposition was "shit". They write rubbish about players hoping that we'll turn on them. They support other clubs and are best ignored.

If we had been offered where we are today at the start of the season, 100% of respondents would have taken it.

It doesn't work like that though, and you know it.

You can't predict what is going to happen in a season, of course we'd have taken it back then, but since then we've seen the quality of some of the opposition put infront of us and we should have done better than we have.

I couldn't give a fuck where we are now, I'll only be happy if we're still here come May.

Shut up man. What doesn't work like that? Sorry for those who cant remember more than over 8 weeks ago, perhaps it doesnt work like that for you. It does for me.

Now the opposition are shit are they, no credit to QPR, to Forest, to Scunthorpe?

You are basically saying that we are too good for this league but the players are under-performing. That to me is retarded and exactly the attitude that Mowen is talking about. 

Can't say i blame people for going apeshit at us losing to Scunthorpe. We were still top and they were still in the bottom four/five. It's a horrendous result. Similarly with Hughton... i don't think anyone singled him out as a particularly good manager, just a good coach who's inherited a squad that (should be) far too good for this league, and he's helped us tick along. We're playing some shocking stuff at the moment, and picking up some shite results - the cracks are showing, basically - and now he's been offered the job. So again, i can't say i blame people for going apeshit, in spite of the inevitability over both issues. We're football fans after all.

Kinda like saying "we know we're shit, so deal with it".

The results at the start of the season have glossed over the fact that the football is still shocking, and won't get better under Hughton (imo). Nothing wrong with expressing that opinion is there?

As for Hughton, I like the bloke but it's a sad situation when a club of this stature has resorted to appointing a coach as a manager when he has proven nothing yet. I think that is what people are finding frustrating.

And yet a lot of the people who are complaining about him wanted Shearer appointed...

:snod:

You are basically saying that we are too good for this league but the players are under-performing.

I guess this must make me a retard, but that's exactly what i think. Though i wouldn't just single out the players, obviously.

Can't say i blame people for going apeshit at us losing to Scunthorpe. We were still top and they were still in the bottom four/five. It's a horrendous result. Similarly with Hughton... i don't think anyone singled him out as a particularly good manager, just a good coach who's inherited a squad that (should be) far too good for this league, and he's helped us tick along. We're playing some shocking stuff at the moment, and picking up some shite results - the cracks are showing, basically - and now he's been offered the job. So again, i can't say i blame people for going apeshit, in spite of the inevitability over both issues. We're football fans after all.

Deluded. We have some players who are a bit better. Most of them were not playing against Scunthorpe and we all know the squad is thin.

Deluded. We have some players who are a bit better. Most of them were not playing against Scunthorpe and we all know the squad is thin.

Still got more players than Scunthorpe ;)

A deluded retard, then. *

EDIT: To be fair, you're right about the squad - and everyone knows it. It's arguably not strong enough for us to win this league. But there was enough quality on the pitch for us to beat Scunthorpe imo, if the players were fit, motivated and organised (see Hughton C.).

If we had been offered where we are today at the start of the season, 100% of respondents would have taken it.

Maybe so, but tbf, I was concerned about some aspects of our performances even when the results were good. The only part of our game I'm really not too worried about is our defence ironically. The midfield and forwards ahve looked dis-jointed all season and if people are pointing these things out I can't say I blame them.

As you wish, our strikeforce (without Ameobi) is a perfect example. Carroll, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Harewood = championship. Solid, normal, run of the mill championship. Nowt else.

Given that the midfield was also the worst in the premiership last season I'd say that it's also championship standard. The defence is what gives us hope really.

Very good O.P.

We do have a first eleven capable (as shown earlier) to be a match for any team in this crap division. However we only have about eleven capable players, once we lose one or two in key positions - centre backs lately, it shows the glaring lack of decent cover in our 'squad'.

Hughton - difficult one this, on one hand he's a coach who while I wouldn't say is completely out of his depth is certainly finding it harder than coaching alone. But on the other hand, he's inherited a slow, shitty, hideously overpaid in regards to worth so hard to shift, and seemingly full of individuals out for themselves squad and has turned it into something resembling a fairly decent championship team. He also has one and a half hands tied behind his back by the owner and chairmen who will not spend on the first team. Would he be in my list of managers to take over full time, probably not but as we're unable to attract anyone even half decent under our owner without lying to him then i'd be happy to appoint Hughton until the end of the season with a proviso to reassess then.

The loanees - Simpson is ok, he's a young lad who may or may not make it with Man Utd, the other two are journeymen who should be squad fillers at best.

Fans being disappointed after losing, all fans of all clubs are like that. Its probably only on forums that you get folk stating greater and greater things they're going to do after a defeat.....i'll not going next week after that performance.....i'm not going again this season after that performance.......i'm cutting my left arm off to get rid of the shame of having a Toon tattoo etc etc. Vast majority are just letting off steam and possibly just trying to show that they care more than anyone else. Nothing to get too worried about though.

All in all, no--one ever said being a fan of Newcastle United was going to be an easy ride. This isn't a snipe at the younger fan but if all you've ever seen is the Toon in the Prem then if past history is anything to go by then you'd better get used to a bit of disappointment.

As you wish, our strikeforce (without Ameobi) is a perfect example. Carroll, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Harewood = championship. Solid, normal, run of the mill championship. Nowt else.

To be brutally honest, more than one from that list have looked out of their depth even in this league

EDIT: To be fair, you're right about the squad - and everyone knows it. It's arguably not strong enough for us to win this league. But there was enough quality on the pitch for us to beat Scunthorpe imo, if the players were fit, motivated and organised (see Hughton C.).

I think too much blame that the players deserve is being deflected to Hughton personally.

Given that the midfield was also the worst in the premiership last season I'd say that it's also championship standard. The defence is what gives us hope really.

Right. So the logical conclusion to playing a few games without the two players that set us apart is ..... ?

To be brutally honest, more than one from that list have looked out of their depth even in this league

Carroll for me has been a big disappointment. Lovenkrands should be playing on the last shoulder before he gets too much stick. Ranger can do no wrong of course.

Compared with (our closest rivals):

Bednar, Moore, Beattie, Wood - WBA

Chopra, Bothroyd, Etuhu, Feeney - Cardiff

Alves, Emnes, Lita, (is Aliadiere still there?) - Boro

I won't deny that our bunch are Championship players but there's only Chopra out of that lot i'd rather have. I said a squad that should be better than the rest in the league, not a Premiership squad.

I think too much blame that the players deserve is being deflected to Hughton personally.

That I would agree with.

I won't deny that our bunch are Championship players but there's only Chopra out of that lot i'd rather have. I said a squad that should be better than the rest in the league, not a Premiership squad.

Lita is better than all of our fit forwards tbh.

You can't predict what is going to happen in a season, of course we'd have taken it back then, but since then we've seen the quality of some of the opposition put infront of us and we should have done better than we have.

I couldn't give a f*** where we are now, I'll only be happy if we're still here come May.

Shut up man. What doesn't work like that? Sorry for those who cant remember more than over 8 weeks ago, perhaps it doesnt work like that for you. It does for me.

Now the opposition are s*** are they, no credit to QPR, to Forest, to Scunthorpe?

You are basically saying that we are too good for this league but the players are under-performing. That to me is retarded and exactly the attitude that Mowen is talking about. 

I'm not saying we're too good for this league at all. The players are underperforming, they have been for ages. No offence to QPR, Scunthorpe or Bristol City, but if we had been on top of our game then we'd have won all three games, easily. The chances we've missed and the defensive errors we've made have cost us - we haven't been outplayed, we haven't been outclassed by them at all - they've just capitalised on our shit performances.

I couldn't give a f*** where we are now, I'll only be happy if we're still here come May.

Now the opposition are s*** are they, no credit to QPR, to Forest, to Scunthorpe?

No club would ever improve with that sort of attitude.  Opinions change with the times, everyone would kill for a 5th place PL finish now but under Robson it was still a disappointment.  We've shown that we can be the best team in this league so when we go out and play **** of course its annoying.  It's all well and good saying well at least we're 2nd or we'd have taken this at the start of the season, but in two weeks time we could be as low as 10th, what shall we say then?  Some predicted we'd get relegated so its not all bad?

The problem is obviously Hughton. It's mental to say that a squad containing Carroll (U21 int.), Ranger (U19 int.), Jonas (Arg int.), Enrique (U21 int.) etc. isn't good enough to win the league, and that's just the players we've got fit, there's still Taylor, Colo, Barton and Shola to come back.  The reason teams are beating us is because they've got gameplans, organisation and good teamwork which all stem from having a good manager who's had time to implement his ideas.  Not to mention lots of heart, which we seem to lack, although this isn't surprising considering Hughton seems to have the motivational abilities of a sickly dog.

Lita is better than all of our fit forwards tbh.

Even 20 goal a season Harewood?

Guest Brazilianbob

Absolute top post and written by someone who is a real supporter.

Unfortunately a forum by it's very definition allows anyone in to spout and rant as they please, but this forum has been particularly hysterical of late.

As you say football is no precise science and we have no right to win football matches because of our name, status or "wage bill".

In many cases the same people who were saying we'd go straight down before the season started are now wailing because we're only joint top by a narrow margin  :kasper:

Some criticise our squad strength in one post then say we should walk the league because of our wage bill in the next !

This league certainly isn't the Premier but to hear laughable comments comparing opposition teams to "pub teams" shows the writers have never played football at any standard themselves. All Championship teams are made up of well paid professional footballers who have come through the ranks. To think they'll lie down because they're playing against "big club" Newcastle is ridiculous.

We also have to realise that a Newcastle forum is a perfect place for agitators and people with an agenda against us to work. 

There are posters on here who tactically put the knife into the club and it's fans at every opportunity while trying to masqerade as Newcastle supporters. That way they think it's even more effective.

There are posters on here who have NEVER written anything positive and even a resounding win will be dismissed because the opposition was "s***". They write rubbish about players hoping that we'll turn on them. They support other clubs and are best ignored.

Wow!  Talk about paranoia!!  You need to see a shrink if you think other fans would really do this!