Can't handle this

Mowen

I think the mass hysteria on this forum of late may be directly linked to the rampant homosexuality of many posters.

:lol: You could well be right there...

Well given that it's taught in school these days, to be a homosexual according to Nick Griffin, I am not surprised.

GM, can you handle this? I don't think you can handle this.

Wullie can you handle this? I don't think you can handle this

I don't think im ready for some berrys my Hughton too bootylicious for ya

:lol: I pity your poor mother.

There is a tendency among sports fans generally to voice opinions that are a bit extreme and led by emotion, but having said that this forum does have a wider range of opinion and a better quality of debate than the others that I'm aware of.

The negativity of our fans in general does bother me a bit though. I get the feeling that it's become a bigger problem since the failure of 1996. It's like there's an undercurrent of resentment and anger that's bubbling under the surface all the time. It has had an influence on how things have gone both on and off the field. The only relief we've had was when Sir Bob was in charge, and even he fell victim in the end.

You sound surprised by the negativity of fans. We have suffered appalling mismanagement, been insulted by two successive owners who have made a total pig's ear of the club, have seen a popular manager forced out and have recently seen our team relegated. Our owner is now recognised as one of the worst in the business (if not THE worst) and I doubt there is any set of fans in the land who envies our position right now. How exactly are people supposed to feel?

I think it's absurd to suggest Newcastle fans are spoilt. In all my time following the club I have seen nothing but false dawns, poor management, money squandered, players who didn't care, but there was always hope. Yes there were highs but to see the club languishing where it is when we know and have seen its potential is what hurts most. We weren't spoilt, we were just shown a glimpse of what could be achieved, and football fans live on hope. That's all we've ever had and our situation has never felt as hopeless as it does now.

I wouldnt say our fans are spoilt more like hungry.

Obviously youre right when you say that the club hasnt been run well over the last 10 years, and that this has led to anger among the fans. But Ive also seen the reverse process happen the views of the fans influencing the owners decisions, to the eventual detriment of the club, which in turn leads to more resentment etc etc.

The bottom line is that Shepherd and Ashley should have been sufficiently strong and professional to ignore those kinds of pressures. The buck stops with them. But ours is a club where the fans do exert a lot of influence and so its easier said than done.

I dont want to go into details that have already been debated to death here, but decisions were made in relation to Shearer and Owen as players, then Keegan and Shearer as managers, which have all badly rebounded on the club. Those decisions were influenced by what owners saw as ways of keeping the fans onside. In some ways we are a big club, but I dont think the other big clubs are nearly as prone as we are, to those kinds of mistakes.

sorry the need to sign owen was a playing one to replace bellamy, that was a decision was made alone by souness, many fans would of kept bellamy and used the rest of the money on another striker i.e. own

the amounts of money football fans put in, they deserve to have their say, and demand success.  football cost's a fortune to go to now, compare this to before the premier league started, the proportion a fan spends will be far greater now

Well the Owen signing seems more complex than that, and Souness himself would dispute what you're saying. My take on it is - yes, he wanted Owen, but he didn't want to miss out on Anelka, pay £17 million and vast wages for a player who didn't want to come, wait till the end of August before completing his team, and sell Jenas. All of those were clever Freddie's decisions.

I don't think that fans should have their say, mainly for the reasons already outlined - that there's a tendency for supporters' opinions to be led more by emotion and a mob mentality rather than common sense and professional knowledge. There has to be proper leadership, and those who are financially responsible have to have the final say anyway.

Guest essayfc

We've tasted the real highs in the last few years... it's going to be difficult to get our perspective back. Beating Barcalona in the Champions League to losing to Scunthorpe in the Championship is a long journey in a very short time.

You are correct. In my opinion and with years of experience it is difficult to get the balance right between blind loyalty to the club and letting your now inadequate players know that they are crap. Probably not such as big a fall from grace, but it felt like it at the time, was going from watching Quinn, Phillips, Schwartz etc to watching and trying to encourage shite like Breen and Whitley. Of course you have to support whatever is out on the pitch wearing the shirt and hope that they can provide a platform to attract better players.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We've tasted the real highs in the last few years... it's going to be difficult to get our perspective back. Beating Barcalona in the Champions League to losing to Scunthorpe in the Championship is a long journey in a very short time.

You are correct. In my opinion and with years of experience it is difficult to get the balance right between blind loyalty to the club and letting your now inadequate players know that they are crap. Probably not such as big a fall from grace, but it felt like it at the time, was going from watching Quinn, Phillips, Schwartz etc to watching and trying to encourage shite like Breen and Whitley. Of course you have to support whatever is out on the pitch wearing the shirt and hope that they can provide a platform to attract better players.

The thing that kills me is just the way the club has been run in the past 5 years or so. It feels like banging your head against a brick wall following a team that is run by one of  the most incompetant owners in history

Ive made the effort a few times this season but just cant bring myself to suffer again. Its a 400mile round trip. I wonder how many more long suffering idiots like me will throw in the towel. We usually see a lot on the way up the M1 & A1 on matchday. Think the crowd will be down this time myself.

The criminal lack of proper leadership from the clubs hierarchy kills enthusiasm to support anyway.

The contrast with Boros Gibson speaking out yesterday about his hopes and aspirations for his club under their next manager was inspiring.

If only we had a commited, clued up owner/chairman like that.

I am only going to games not on the box atm I am not sure if I want go the morra, as CH getting the full time gig when we have herd/made clear all along that no new manager till a sale & then when we do appoint someone it is the "YES MAN" , the man that when someone got sacked at Spurs more often than not he stepped up because he was THE BOARDS MAN & not the wingman/the sidekick to the previous manager so he never walked.

no go for tomorrow. fancy that, no-one wanting to work 3-10:30 on a saturday night and no lieu leave left. really struggling for the next home game aswell but ok from swansea till feb.

and i'm one who can handle this.

no go for tomorrow. fancy that, no-one wanting to work 3-10:30 on a saturday night and no lieu leave left. really struggling for the next home game aswell but ok from swansea till feb.

and i'm one who can handle this.

I couldn't handle that.