Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Write to your MP too (you can email if you use the "Write to them" website http://www.writetothem.com/ ) and ask them to support the early day motion.

Did you write to your MP when Ashley was ripping apart the Club, did they debate his destructive ownership in the commons ? This is so f***ing ridiculous, that something so inconsequential, and trust me the naming of a bloody football stadium is inconsquential, gets people off their arses to act more than all the s*** we've had to put up with for the last year or so.

f*** off you thick arsehole. I'm not going to spell it out for you again.

No whjy don't you fuck off you fucking rude son of a fucking bitch, who won't listen to other opposing view, instead wants to ram down their throats his own.

Total fucking dick head iyam.

No need for that man. Jeezus.

Write to your MP too (you can email if you use the "Write to them" website http://www.writetothem.com/ ) and ask them to support the early day motion.

Did you write to your MP when Ashley was ripping apart the Club, did they debate his destructive ownership in the commons ? This is so f***ing ridiculous, that something so inconsequential, and trust me the naming of a bloody football stadium is inconsquential, gets people off their arses to act more than all the s*** we've had to put up with for the last year or so.

Surely you realise they're quite different situations. What are the gov't. going to do about poor management?

No whjy don't you f*** off you f***ing rude son of a f***ing bitch, who won't listen to other opposing view, instead wants to ram down their throats his own.

Total f***ing dick head iyam.

But there was a need for him to throw the first stone was there and for you to applaud him ???

I'm sorry if this has already been said, but I've stayed clear of this thread and can't be arsed to go through all 12 pages. Anway, I honestly couldn't give a crap what they call the stadium but on the list of bad things Ashley's done to this club, it's pretty low down for me. What I can't get over is the fact that this renaming has got people's blood boiling and willingness to act more that Ashley's total destruction of our football club, crazy really.

I think you're missing the point. This is a culmination of ill feeling, it isn't just about the stadium name. He got off quite lightly with the Keegan ruling and relegation because he was 'selling' the club and we thought he was finally on the way out.

No one is directing vitriol towards him simply because he's trying to sell the name of the stadium but because this is the latest thing he has done to show contempt for the fans. There's a bigger picture.

No I'm not missing the point at all. It's a bloody name, who cares, honestly. Is it going to make us play any worse on the field, no. Everyone is playing the it's a tradition card, but at the end of the day, it's something that making the apathetic folk act more than the countless other acts of plain madness Ashley has done to this club, acts that have caused way more damage.

You are missing the point.

This may be the act people are focusing on because it's the first time since the club was taken off the market (again) he's stuck two fingers up to the fans. That's why it's been seized on. You're making the very naive assumption that the fans are purely losing their rag over this - they're not. This is simply the culmination of the anger that has been boiling over the past 12 months since he last attempted to sell the club. It probably would've happened earlier but we've been on the market.

I'm not going to argue the toss with you. If you can't see that this is one of many things our support is furious about then you're a bit of a flid.

OK how many times am I going to have to say this, I'M NOT MISSING THE FUCKING POINT. At the end of the day, this renaming is the thing that's got people worked up enough to act, not the far worse crap he's done before this, again you're hiding behind a culmination of evnts line to fit your argument.

Do you seriously believe had none of what had happened before - the sacking of Keegan, relegation etc. occured that people would still be so worked up about the name change? Of course not, don't be so bloody stupid.

Surely you realise they're quite different situations. What are the gov't. going to do about poor management?

Ther won't be a whole lot they can do about naming rights either trust me.

No whjy don't you fuck off you fucking rude son of a fucking bitch, who won't listen to other opposing view, instead wants to ram down their throats his own.

Total fucking dick head iyam.

I'm quite happy to listen to opposing views so long as they're planted in reality and not the ramblings of a mentally ill cyber-loop.

Guest toonlass

No whjy don't you f*** off you f***ing rude son of a f***ing bitch, who won't listen to other opposing view, instead wants to ram down their throats his own.

But there was a need for him to throw the first stone was there and for you to applaud him ???

Yep, you had a go at me for giving the link for the site where they could contact their MP if they wanted.

I'm sorry if this has already been said, but I've stayed clear of this thread and can't be arsed to go through all 12 pages. Anway, I honestly couldn't give a crap what they call the stadium but on the list of bad things Ashley's done to this club, it's pretty low down for me. What I can't get over is the fact that this renaming has got people's blood boiling and willingness to act more that Ashley's total destruction of our football club, crazy really.

I think you're missing the point. This is a culmination of ill feeling, it isn't just about the stadium name. He got off quite lightly with the Keegan ruling and relegation because he was 'selling' the club and we thought he was finally on the way out.

No one is directing vitriol towards him simply because he's trying to sell the name of the stadium but because this is the latest thing he has done to show contempt for the fans. There's a bigger picture.

No I'm not missing the point at all. It's a bloody name, who cares, honestly. Is it going to make us play any worse on the field, no. Everyone is playing the it's a tradition card, but at the end of the day, it's something that making the apathetic folk act more than the countless other acts of plain madness Ashley has done to this club, acts that have caused way more damage.

You are missing the point.

This may be the act people are focusing on because it's the first time since the club was taken off the market (again) he's stuck two fingers up to the fans. That's why it's been seized on. You're making the very naive assumption that the fans are purely losing their rag over this - they're not. This is simply the culmination of the anger that has been boiling over the past 12 months since he last attempted to sell the club. It probably would've happened earlier but we've been on the market.

I'm not going to argue the toss with you. If you can't see that this is one of many things our support is furious about then you're a bit of a flid.

OK how many times am I going to have to say this, I'M NOT MISSING THE f***ing POINT. At the end of the day, this renaming is the thing that's got people worked up enough to act, not the far worse crap he's done before this, again you're hiding behind a culmination of evnts line to fit your argument.

Do you seriously believe had none of what had happened before - the sacking of Keegan, relegation etc. occured that people would still be so worked up about the name change? Of course not, don't be so bloody stupid.

You are so missing the point. lol.

Yep, you had a go at me for giving the link for the site where they could contact their MP if they wanted.

Did I have a personal go at you, did I call you something ? Sorry I missed that! Enjoy your double standards, I've a meeting to go to.

Guest toonlass

Did I have a personal go at you, did I call you something ? Sorry I missed that! Enjoy your double standards, I've a meeting to go to.

Did I say you did call me something. But you haven't got a clue if you can't see why this is the straw that has broken the camel's back. And people have been demonstating their displeasure at Mike Ashley's action. Enjoy your meeting, is it with your psychiatrist?  :pow:

Llambias the fucking liar now talking about this on SSN.

(Edit:  Apparently the stadium will be known as, for example: "Sportsdirect.com @ St James Park", they're turning our stadium into a fucking email address!

Also says we will get a jumbo screen as part of the deal, FANTASTIC, not...)

Where the f*** are you going to fit a Jumbo screen at SJP ffs?

Maybe they could rip down the bit where it says 'Newcastle United' and put it up there.

Wouldnt suprise me tbh. Though they'll probably rip out seats.

There's no need for one, absolutely none at all. Yet another thing to get angry about.  :rant:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Where the f*** are you going to fit a Jumbo screen at SJP ffs?

Maybe they could rip down the bit where it says 'Newcastle United' and put it up there.

I would whisper that if i were you

Llambias the fucking liar now talking about this on SSN.

(Edit:  Apparently the stadium will be known as, for example: "Sportsdirect.com @ St James Park", they're turning our stadium into a fucking email address!

Also says we will get a jumbo screen as part of the deal, FANTASTIC, not...)

They say that as if it'll be used to show replays and not fucking adverts.

Guest sicko2ndbest

DL said MA has put another 20mil in the club this week

It wil be on SSN in a bit

DO NOT BE FOOLED PEOPLE THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE OUTPOURING OF EMOTION ON SATURDAY AND ARE TRYING TO INFLUENCE THE 'NOT SO SURE' CATEGORY

If anything the fact that he has acknowledged it is something they are down the road to doing should result in further anger

I can't say I'm going to get all worked up over a jumbo screen/ score board. The majority of big stadiums have them these days. There's more important things to be annoyed about.