Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Nolan will play a leading role for us next season, I hope the rumours that he is a stone or so lighter are true as he was carrying too much extra last season. I really would like to see him at 100%, I like him and think he will be the second striker behind carrol.

Back to the thread, I would also go for Cambell Coloccini pairing at the back, loads of high level experience and hopefully this past year in the championship has smoothed Colo's intro to english football, still has me on the edge of my seat a couple of times a game but is getting better. Cambell also is the more agressive leading defender which I think <Colo will take to well...

Another couple I think will push on are Barton (can't get any worse I suppose) and Guthrie (ver consistent end of last), I think will Nolan or whoever giving them a hand in midfield it will help them develop as a pairing, I just hope that Hughton isn't stupid enough to stick barton out wide as it would be a grave injustice to our wide boys.

Guest icemanblue

Nolan is a Hughton favourite and a presence in the dressing room. Makes sense to give him the band.

Sol looks like he's carrying a bit of a belly. No doubt it's just a muscle gut.

Yeah, sure....  :lol:  (don't know what time that picture was taken, though)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/23/article-1028776-01B6A31900000578-96_468x635.jpg

Because he scored goals plentiful at domestic and at international level,he was lethal in front of goal.

However it was obvious to all with a trained eye that once his pace went through either age or injury that he would be ineffective.

A world-class goalscorer?Definitely,but as his whole game was just about blistering pace and finishing,a world class footballer?No.

Because he scored goals plentiful at domestic and at international level,he was lethal in front of goal.

However it was obvious to all with a trained eye that once his pace went through either age or injury that he would be ineffective.

A world-class goalscorer?Definitely,but as his whole game was just about blistering pace and finishing,a world class footballer?No.

Spot on.. but why is this still going on in a Sol Campbell thread!?

Guest Stephen927

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/103151873.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6AF461D3BAF23BF9408A399BE5BFBA88BF0AAE06933F7C229

The fucking skill on that!

Guest Stephen927

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/103151776.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6D77514EC8523F8FC08A399BE5BFBA88BF2FA8444AB15D136

Turns out, Nolan is pretty relieved that Xisco is taking all the attention away from him.

My favourite Sol Campbell insight -

The opponent who Ian Wright least enjoyed playing against was Campbell. Wright would spend all game talking to the opposition centre back, putting him off and winding him up. However, no matter what he said, Campbell would completely ignore him. Not the slightest flicker of a response, and Wright would end up driving himself mad.

Sol looks like he's carrying a bit of a belly. No doubt it's just a muscle gut.

Yeah, sure....  :lol:  (don't know what time that picture was taken, though)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/23/article-1028776-01B6A31900000578-96_468x635.jpg

It is from 2008

My favourite Sol Campbell insight -

The opponent who Ian Wright least enjoyed playing against was Campbell. Wright would spend all game talking to the opposition centre back, putting him off and winding him up. However, no matter what he said, Campbell would completely ignore him. Not the slightest flicker of a response, and Wright would end up driving himself mad.

:lol: