Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Really wish instead of interviewing fanzine writers etc, places would interview leading posters from here.

Why?

I just want to see Dave on the telly.

Try channel 111

:D

"I had been training for three days - just three days. I am three weeks behind everyone else in pre-season. Don't they know I have just got married and been on honeymoon?"

I know this is a ridiculous story

Not really, Dave ducked out a few NOFC games with that exact phrase. ;)

Guest malandro

"I had been training for three days - just three days. I am three weeks behind everyone else in pre-season. Don't they know I have just got married and been on honeymoon?"

I know this is a ridiculous story but that is a great quote. Yeah, you take your time Sol, sorry that you arranged your wedding and honeymoon only weeks before the start of the season. He'll be asking for f***ing christmas and new year off as well.

This is my concern about Campbell. How committed is he to his football career? Did he sign for us because it was convenient? Potentially his experience could be very valuable this season but if he’s not 100% focused he could easily be a liability.

Has to be deeply worrying that the press will try and dig a rift between Sol and the fans, and Sol seems to bite at a minority of idiots.

I'm so worried about it I'm shaking like a shitting dog.

This cunt Campbell needs to keep it shut. He left sorting his future out last season late so avoided pre-season he joined Notts County in late August & this season he plonks his wedding + honeymoon bang in the heart of pre-season. He is not some wet behind the ears rookie he knows how football clubs set up there pre-season & the slog that it is.

He should do the decent thing & train for FREE until he is in shape to play professional football, which is what happened at Arsenal.

This c*** Campbell needs to keep it shut. He left sorting his future out last season late so avoided pre-season he joined Notts County in late August & this season he plonks his wedding + honeymoon bang in the heart of pre-season. He is not some wet behind the ears rookie he knows how football clubs set up there pre-season & the slog that it is.

He should do the decent thing & train for FREE until he is in shape to play professional football, which is what happened at Arsenal.

in a nutshell

When's he supposed to get married, then?

Mid June is popular with serious footballers.

In a World Cup year?

The reason we had a load of WAG weddings in 2007 was because most international players avoid booking them when a tournament is on. With hindsight they could of booked a wedding in 2008.

Sol was not at the World cup. Was it a deal breaker for Sol that Ash had to be there, sweet. :lol:

In a World Cup year?

The reason we had a load of WAG weddings in 2007 was because most international players avoid booking them when a tournament is on. With hindsight they could of booked a wedding in 2008.

Sol was not at the World cup. Was it a deal breaker for Sol that Ash had to be there, sweet. :lol:

I think either Sol wanted to be at the World Cup or was planning to retire when he booked the wedding.

Guest palnese

Well at least if he is putting love before football we can be happy that he isn't out every night trying to shag team mates wives behind his pregnant wife's back.

:razz:

sorry

In a World Cup year?

I think either Sol wanted to be at the World Cup or was planning to retire when he booked the wedding.

You really think that :lol:

I think he wanted to have his wedding on a day when half of his friends weren't in Africa -- hence the timing, a week after the final.

Half the squad was there like: Andrew Cole, Rio Ferdinand, David Seaman, David James, Ashley Cole & Ainsley Harriot

Neville, Carrick, Gerrard & Terry all had there weddings on the same day because they know as pro footballer you don't have much choice. Bless Gaz Neville he still went ahead with his wedding even though his best man could not make that date.

Sol has let himself go & booked not just a wedding but a honeymoon bang in the time he knows footballers are working on there base fitness for the year. He avoided joining a club last summer till late August. Wegner had the right idea not even looking at him until he got word from Tony Colbert (fitness coach) that he was up to speed.