Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Ashley plans to sell the club upon promotion then why the rush to sell the naming rights.  A potential new owner might not support such a notion and they would be stuck with the name for x number of years.  Maybe is he is planning to stay longer? 

Although I think the main plan behind all of this is to get all of his money back as soon as possible and he does not care how he is does it.  If a buyer comes in and pays want he wants then great, if not then he will get it back by other means.

Of course he is planning to stay longer, I think he thinks that if he gets us promoted we'll see that as a positive sign and that he's learned from his mistakes.  I don't think he ever wanted to sell us unless he got a ridiculous price.

Which he tried to get from the arab crew and they laughed in his face.

2) He's doing it all out of spite - as he's admitted himself, there have been cock-ups, not conspiracies. Just because you hate him, doesn't mean he hates you. Things can go tits up despite the best of intentions.

I can't see any reason for the sportsdirect.com naming thing other than to piss off the fans.

The philantropist in me says the have to do it intentionally because I hope for their own sake that they are not that thick.

2) He's doing it all out of spite - as he's admitted himself, there have been cock-ups, not conspiracies. Just because you hate him, doesn't mean he hates you. Things can go tits up despite the best of intentions.

I can't see any reason for the sportsdirect.com naming thing other than to piss off the fans.

He had to name it this year with his own company his popularity rating is zero so he is losing nothing doing this now but he has made sure the negatively/stigma around the first "@" sponsor is gone. So the next company should get a easier ride.

He had to name it this year with his own company his popularity rating is zero so he is losing nothing doing this now but he has made sure the negatively/stigma around the first "@" sponsor is gone. So the next company should get a easier ride.

However, if we gain promotion: is it not just a waste of effort? I don't know how much he could make, but it surely can't be all that? And we'd be saddled with the stupidest stadium name in top-flight European football.

Daily Mirror

Newcastle reveal details of financial black hole - The Mirror

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias last night revealed the financial black hole the club fell into after relegation.

Their revenue was halved from £100million to around £50million - the annual wage bill alone at the time amounted to more than £70million - and owner Mike Ashley made swingeing cuts.

Llambias said: "Basically, from £100million revenue, we have dropped to £50million. A good chunk of that is TV money from the Premier League, so from the Premier League, it's £40million.

"We get a parachute payment of £12.5million and then in the Championship itself, you get £2.4million of income.

"There's a massive void there that needs to be covered. You get a drop in your season tickets, you get a drop in your attendance, retail, it all drops.

"That shortfall needs to be made up. Mike is picking the shortfall up now and it's very, very difficult. But we are getting through it."

Llambias also confirmed that St James' Park will be known as the sportsdirect@St James' Park Stadium for the rest of the season.

Fans were predictably upset. Mark Jensen, editor of fanzine The Mag, said: “The idea of turning the history of St James’ Park into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief.”

Rod Fraser, who writes for fanzine True Faith, added: “Just when you think it cannot get any worse - it does.”

In a statement, the club said: “We aim to maximise our commercial revenues through a club sponsor kit deal and stadium naming rights.”

FFS they knew ALL this would happen and could have been avoided in january by spending a little bit to see us through and away from relegation, THUS saving porkpie money.

THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO ANYONE!

Its their fucking fault the club is where it fucking is!!!!

FUCK ME!!!

Does no one ever question these twats!!!!!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest toonlass

Daily Mirror

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias last night revealed the financial black hole the club fell into after relegation.

Their revenue was halved from £100million to around £50million - the annual wage bill alone at the time amounted to more than £70million - and owner Mike Ashley made swingeing cuts.

Llambias said: "Basically, from £100million revenue, we have dropped to £50million. A good chunk of that is TV money from the Premier League, so from the Premier League, it's £40million.

"We get a parachute payment of £12.5million and then in the Championship itself, you get £2.4million of income.

"There's a massive void there that needs to be covered. You get a drop in your season tickets, you get a drop in your attendance, retail, it all drops.

"That shortfall needs to be made up. Mike is picking the shortfall up now and it's very, very difficult. But we are getting through it."

Llambias also confirmed that St James' Park will be known as the sportsdirect@St James' Park Stadium for the rest of the season.

Fans were predictably upset. Mark Jensen, editor of fanzine The Mag, said: “The idea of turning the history of St James’ Park into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief.”

Rod Fraser, who writes for fanzine True Faith, added: “Just when you think it cannot get any worse - it does.”

In a statement, the club said: “We aim to maximise our commercial revenues through a club sponsor kit deal and stadium naming rights.”

FFS they knew ALL this would happen and could have been avoided in january by spending a little bit to see us through and away from relegation, THUS saving porkpie money.

Its their fucking fault the club is where it fucking is!!!!

FUCK ME!!!

Does no one ever question these twats!!!!!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This absolutely.

The philantropist in me says the have to do it intentionally because I hope for their own sake that they are not that thick.

It is stupidity. Look at the history of Ashley's ownership of the club, starting from the day he bought it without even doing due diligence. He is not doing this to piss off the fans. He has been successful at building up a chavvy chain of sports shops using marketing tactics that are based on fictitious discounts and false closing down sales. And thats the extent of his business skills. When it comes to doing something else and working out a way of running a different type of business he is as thick as it gets.

I think the idea is to give it such a ridiculous name that when Adidas or someone come in offering the "Adidas Arena" some fans would say "f*ck it that's an improvement on what we've got".

It's utterly ruthless but it makes as much sense as anything else I can come up with. They have chosen a deliberately farcical name and their efforts to try and hide it by calling it a 'showcase' are pathetic. No sponsor is going to pay millions a year for a stupid name like that, as someone said looks like a f*cking email address.

Daily Mirror

Its their f***ing fault the club is where it f***ing is!!!!

f*** ME!!!

And are they suggesting they havn't cut the wage bill from £70m to to below £50m now because I'm sure they have and other than that the outgoings have been zero despite us having transfer fees coming in. It still makes no sense.

Daily Mirror

Fans were predictably upset. Mark Jensen, editor of fanzine The Mag, said: The idea of turning the history of St James Park into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief.

Rod Fraser, who writes for fanzine True Faith, added: Just when you think it cannot get any worse - it does.

In a statement, the club said: We aim to maximise our commercial revenues through a club sponsor kit deal and stadium naming rights.

f*** ME!!!

And are they suggesting they havn't cut the wage bill from £70m to to below £50m now because I'm sure they have and other than that the outgoings have been zero despite us having transfer fees coming in. It still makes no sense.

"nothing more than an exercise in public relations."

I read some of Llambliar quotes yesterday & found this one to be one all potential sponsors should read:

"To use an analogy, if you look at Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant at Claridges, nobody calls it that, they don’t call it Ramsey’s at Claridges, they just call it Claridges and that will be the same with St James’ Park."

So roll up, roll up & put your name to something that the MD of company trying to flog you the "@" is telling you nobody is going use.

We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap". And the earings we sell are cheaper than an M&S prawn sandwich but probably wouldn't last as long.

I read some of Llambliar quotes yesterday & found this one to be one all potential sponsors should read:

"To use an analogy, if you look at Gordon Ramseys restaurant at Claridges, nobody calls it that, they dont call it Ramseys at Claridges, they just call it Claridges and that will be the same with St James Park."

So roll up, roll up & put your name to something that the MD of company trying to flog you the "@" is telling you nobody is going use.

We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap". And the earings we sell are cheaper than an M&S prawn sandwich but probably wouldn't last as long.

Gotta love Geralds honesty tho.  Something we dont get from Porkpie.

Daily Mirror

f*** ME!!!

Much as I hate to say it but it does make sense.

In 2008 on a turnover of £100 million the club lost £20 million which Ashley funded. The turnover now is £50 million so in order for the club to break even they will need to have made cost savings of £70 million since 2008. No way have they done that. So the club is still making losses and the owner has to fund them.

And yes it is Ashley's fault the turnover has halved, and had we remained a Premiership club he would still have had to fund losses.

Daily Mirror

Fans were predictably upset. Mark Jensen, editor of fanzine The Mag, said: The idea of turning the history of St James Park into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief.

Rod Fraser, who writes for fanzine True Faith, added: Just when you think it cannot get any worse - it does.

In a statement, the club said: We aim to maximise our commercial revenues through a club sponsor kit deal and stadium naming rights.

f*** ME!!!

It's brilliant isn't it? :lol: DL suggesting there that they've saved the club because of the loss of revenue it needed to be covered.

It's like you pushing someone off a cliff, them hanging on, and you pull them back up. "LOOK EVERYONE! I SAVED HIM!"

Guest Roger Kint

On the flipside of that should we go up thats £40m for PL fees, new sponsorship, new shirt deal, Butt/Geremi leaving(almost £7m of the wages) all without doing anything. Ensuring that would eclipse the losses they brought onto us through relegation instead of bleating at how hard its been for them.

Daily Mirror

f*** ME!!!

Much as I hate to say it but it does make sense.

In 2008 on a turnover of £100 million the club lost £20 million which Ashley funded. The turnover now is £50 million so in order for the club to break even they will need to have made cost savings of £70 million since 2008. No way have they done that. So the club is still making losses and the owner has to fund them.

And yes it is Ashley's fault the turnover has halved, and had we remained a Premiership club he would still have had to fund losses.

If the clubs wage structure was crippling the club why give Alan Smith a reported 60 k a week, why give Colliflower top wedge, why give Joey Barton top wedge the list could go on.

Why?

Then we get relegated and its now "they will appreciate wht we re doing" wtf , it was all avoidable, they could have appointed a manager and give him the task of cutting/reducing the wage bill whistl retaining prem status.

SBR had to clean the mess left after KD and RG, took him a couple of seasons but he did it.

Fucking pisses me right off.

They could have avoided this.

But they didn't, how dare they now claim that we will appreciate what they have done.

Fuck them to the wall.

On the flipside of that should we go up thats £40m for PL fees, new sponsorship, new shirt deal, Butt/Geremi leaving(almost £7m of the wages) all without doing anything. Ensuring that would eclipse the losses they brought onto us through relegation instead of bleating at how hard its been for them.

I'm actually quite positive about our finances if we go up.  Wage bill will be around 35M which is respectable.

I'm actually quite positive about our finances if we go up.  Wage bill will be around 35M which is respectable.

Yes but the squad costing us around £35 million is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

Guest Roger Kint

Yes but the squad costing us around £35 million is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

Nobody is arguing that. Its a lot better base than £70m wagebill for players who arent good enough though isnt it?

Nobody is arguing that. Its a lot better base than £70m wagebill for players who arent good enough though isnt it?

Yep, tbh if we got taken over this summer it would be a great time if we go up.  Bring in a decent manager, give him money to spend without oversterching again.....

I live in a fantasy world though

Guest toonlass

Got an email notification that my MP has signed the early day motion that David Clelland tabled about the name change. Nice one Ronnie Campbell.

Which would explain the £20m he put in as we saved £25m from wages and made £27m off transfers so that's £52m leaving us £18m needing funded and £2m for transfers. Shame he got us in to so much problems with bad contracts under Fat Sam and giving out stupid contracts to other players and not sacking Barton, he probably could have had the club breaking even by now.

Yep, tbh if we got taken over this summer it would be a great time if we go up.  Bring in a decent manager, give him money to spend without oversterching again.....

I live in a fantasy world though

We'd be running at £20m in profit if we get promoted would we not ? So if he funds us to the some of £20m as he has been we should have a budget for transfers and extra wages of £40m.