Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I can't wait for the 'We know we've let the fantastic sportsdirect.com@St James' Park Stadium crowd down' article from Steven Taylor next time we lose at home.

;D

I'm still not convinced this is true. I think it's jus a misinterpretation of the earlier Llambias comments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8342406.stm

Managing director Derek Llambias told BBC Newcastle: "We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season.

"I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season."

Ashley angered supporters of Newcastle United late last month when he announced the club's plans to rename the stadium for commercial purposes, having taken them off the market.

And Llambias admitted the club could have dealt with the announcement better, but is confident the plans are in the best interests of Newcastle United.

"We could have worded it better, and that's why we came out yesterday to explain what we're trying to achieve," he said.

"With the renaming it was always going to be whatever brand it was, at St James' Park. For the remainder of this season, we already have sportsdirect.com on the Gallowgate so we'd like to take that branding through the rest of the stadium."

And Llambias was also keen to express that the existing St James' Park name was to stay a feature of the site, and believes supporters will see a tangible impact if the scheme is a success in the future.

"In our reign, absolutely, it's just adding to it," he added. "If it brings in a good chunk of money to the club, that goes straight to the team, it's a revenue we should look at."

I'm still not convinced this is true. I think it's jus a misinterpretation of the earlier Llambias comments.

Managing director Derek Llambias told BBC Newcastle: "We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season.

Ashley angered supporters of Newcastle United late last month when he announced the club's plans to rename the stadium for commercial purposes, having taken them off the market.

And Llambias admitted the club could have dealt with the announcement better, but is confident the plans are in the best interests of Newcastle United.

"We could have worded it better, and that's why we came out yesterday to explain what we're trying to achieve," he said.

"With the renaming it was always going to be whatever brand it was, at St James' Park. For the remainder of this season, we already have sportsdirect.com on the Gallowgate so we'd like to take that branding through the rest of the stadium."

And Llambias was also keen to express that the existing St James' Park name was to stay a feature of the site, and believes supporters will see a tangible impact if the scheme is a success in the future.

"In our reign, absolutely, it's just adding to it," he added. "If it brings in a good chunk of money to the club, that goes straight to the team, it's a revenue we should look at."

Well the bold bit is the important bit, but I interpreted that as meaning that all sorts of other crap will receive Sports Direct branding, not the stadium name.

It will not surprise me if this is true, I'd just like a proper announcement.

Guest neesy111

Well the bold bit is the important bit, but I interpreted that as meaning that all sorts of other crap will receive Sports Direct branding, not the stadium name.

It will not surprise me if this is true, I'd just like a proper announcement.

i suspect a closing down sale sign might be up on saturday

I hope there is hell on come Saturday. I hope the atmosphere is one of venom and genuine hate. I want to see those fuckers sitting very uncomfortably in their seats for 90 minutes and leaving splattered in spit, blood and piss (the last one is optional).

And anyone who says "It's only a name" will get a windmilling the likes of which has never been seen before. Even the Dutch will recoil in horror.

I hope there is hell on come Saturday. I hope the atmosphere is one of venom and genuine hate. I want to see those fuckers sitting very uncomfortably in their seats for 90 minutes and leaving splattered in spit, blood and piss (the last one is optional).

And anyone who says "It's only a name" will get a windmilling the likes of which has never been seen before. Even the Dutch will recoil in horror.

It's only a name man calm down.

Guest neesy111

yes, so would you be happy if someone changed your name!

Guest dotdotuk

Why don't we all get our own back and all agree to start calling the ground, "The Hyperlink".

Others will so we might as well beat them to it!

Cheers,

Henry

Provided it was something cool, used to get called Chicago (no idea why) which I didn't mind and my mates call me Nos.

just been and asked the stadium and it didn't say anything against it.

Provided it was something cool, used to get called Chicago (no idea why) which I didn't mind and my mates call me Nos.

How about adding Sportsdirect.com@ added to the start of your name?

How about adding Sportsdirect.com@ added to the start of your name?

for a couple of million i'd be up for it.

If you can't see this is a blatant pisstake, then I can only assume you don't bat an eyelid when people call you Twat in the street. Assuming this article is accurate, it's the same thing for me. It's the most petulant response I could imagine Ashley making after hearing of fans' discontent at the mooted re-branding. "Fuck it. Not only will I re-name the stadium, I'll call it something shit and I'll do it right now, not next season."

If you can't see this is a blatant pisstake, then I can only assume you don't bat an eyelid when people call you t*** in the street. Assuming this article is accurate, it's the same thing for me. It's the most petulant response I could imagine Ashley making after hearing of fans' discontent at the mooted re-branding. "f*** it. Not only will I re-name the stadium, I'll call it something s*** and I'll do it right now, not next season."

I was just winding David Icke up, I know whats going on, I was saying it in another thread, just wanted to see his reponse if someone replied as he requested.