Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe Ashley was a massive fan of Dream Team on Sky 1, and got withdrawal symptoms when it was cancelled and had no option but to recreate his own version.  Dream Team was fucking ridiculous.  There have been loads of things happen at SJP, sorry sd.c@SJP, that had they happened on Dream Team I'd have went 'that's fucking ridiculous'.  At least Harchester United had Linda Block, instead we get Del the Cock.

i remember someone a while back saying that ashleys motivation behind buying us was just to drum up publicity for sports direct to take it to the next level of public awareness, because the price he paid was cheaper than say, a fiver year sponsorship deal for a premier league team. it looks like he's well on the way to achieving that goal, what an absolute cunt.

Guest The_Scoreboard

What is the actual benefit to this though? He's not paying us sponsorship money for it so that completely negates its effect, and it's too f***ing long and pathetic.

I can just imagine the fat c*** has used the clubs money to pay SportsDirect for the use of their name in this arse about face plan. Rape this club and 50,000 fans everyweek to keep his company afloat. If my telly wasn't so expensive i would have put my foot through it earlier when Lyingarse was on :angry:

Think that might going too far even for Ashley, paying someone to sponsor you is beyond even him.

nothing is TOO far for this prick. you shud know that by now :knuppel2:

Maybe Ashley was a massive fan of Dream Team on Sky 1, and got withdrawal symptoms when it was cancelled and had no option but to recreate his own version.  Dream Team was f***ing ridiculous.  There have been loads of things happen at SJP, sorry sd.c@SJP, that had they happened on Dream Team I'd have went 'that's f***ing ridiculous'.  At least Harchester United had Linda Block, instead we get Del the Cock.

I loved that show

Maybe Ashley was a massive fan of Dream Team on Sky 1, and got withdrawal symptoms when it was cancelled and had no option but to recreate his own version.  Dream Team was f***ing ridiculous.  There have been loads of things happen at SJP, sorry sd.c@SJP, that had they happened on Dream Team I'd have went 'that's f***ing ridiculous'.  At least Harchester United had Linda Block, instead we get Del the Cock.

I loved that show

Yeah, it was guilty pleasure-tastic for me.

Guest frazernufc

The only reason i think he hasnt sold up this season is the fact hes waiting to get Sports Direct on the front of the shirt. But before he can do that he pulls this fucking trick out the hat

I loved that show

Yeah, it was guilty pleasure-tastic for me.

I wouldn't eve consider it guilty pleasure. Became a regular part of my Sunday nights

Guest BBC Total Sport

Hello lads,

Just wanted to let you know we'll be playing out the Llambias interview about the name change on tonight's Total Sport show on BBC Newcastle.

We're on air at 5:30, and we're also after your thoughts - come on and speak to Steve Howey... you can give us a call on 0191 232 65 65, text on 07786 200 954 or email [email protected].

You can listen on 95.4FM and DAB in the North East. For those outside the region, you can listen live online on the BBC Tyne website.

Cheers,

Matt from Total Sport

The daftest thing is the way Llambias basically said "We worded it badly the other day, bit of an error on our part.  It's not going to be called Primark Park or Tesco Towers.  We're using this thing called an @, it's the dog's bollocks.  We'll try it til the end of the season - sportsdirect.com @ St James Park Stadium.  See?  You thought we were taking the piss or going insane but we're using an @ you dafties.  Are we friends again?"

The daftest thing is the way Llambias basically said "We worded it badly the other day, bit of an error on our part.  It's not going to be called Primark Park or Tesco Towers.  We're using this thing called an @, it's the dog's bollocks.  We'll try it til the end of the season - sportsdirect.com @ St James Park Stadium.  See?  You thought we were taking the piss or going insane but we're using an @ you dafties.  Are we friends again?"

I might have missed where it was confirmed, but are they actually using an @ as opposed to 'at'?

I don't mind it really, as long as St. James Park is in the name, then that is what it will be called. Ther whole "Park Stadium" thing makes no sense though, and you'd think someone would realise this. The name of the park hasn't really changed, imo. It's not different than a shirt sponsorship.

If we win the Championship, we ought to watch for snipers.

I might have missed where it was confirmed, but are they actually using an @ as opposed to 'at'?

Yep, or at least that's how it's being widely reported.

Newcastle to rename stadium 'sportsdirect.com@StJames'Park'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/04/newcastle-united-naming-stadium-rights

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are having the piss taken out of us left right and centre.

How the fuck do we expect our players to fight on the pitch if we roll over and die on the terraces.

We ought to be fukin ashamed we've let him get this far

Protest like hell on Saturday

Depression is the main emotion I feel TBH.

It's like the club we love has been infested by something disgusting that is destroying it from the inside, and we can only watch it crumble. At least when the club was up for sale there was some up that someone would come in and manage us properly.

If they change the sign at the front of the stadium they're going to have to have some hefty security around to protect it.

But he'll be chuckling away to himself, tee hee, what fantastic freeeeeeeee publicity for Sports Direct.