Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are media outlets legally bound to call it this bollocks?

I first read that without the word 'it' and it seemed like such a fantastic idea.

:lol:

The Times: THIS IS BOLLOCKS, The Guardian: BOLLOCKS @ ST JAMES, The Chronicle: NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS, HERE'S SOME MORE FUCKING BOLLOCKS.

The Mail: IMMIGRANTS HAVE CAUSED THIS BOLLOCKS.

:mackems:

Or:  THANK GOD DIANA ISN'T ALIVE TO SEE THIS BOLLOCKS

YOUR TAXES ARE PAYING FOR THIS BOLLOCKS

PAEDOPHILES ARE GROOMING YOUR KIDS TO LOVE THIS BOLLOCKS

I'm enjoying these :lol:

I'd be more annoyed if the name made any sense. It's unacceptable either way of course but this is marketing 101 surely: the name is too long, makes no sense, you get lost half way in it when reading it even.

I can't believe they are consistently this retarded in their decision making... as said they must just be taking the piss now.

Howay man matt, its ashley and llambias here, i dont think ashely woud have paid for a maerketting person to come up with a stylish name to go infront of SJP.

DL "just lash Directsports.com@ infornt of SJP mike, it'll work man"

Porkpie "niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice"

What is the actual benefit to this though? He's not paying us sponsorship money for it so that completely negates its effect, and it's too fucking long and pathetic.

They're either incredibly incredibly idiotic people, or they're taking the piss.

I honestly don't know which route to go down :lol:

I wonder if the signage will be up by Saturday.

Not for long it won't.

I can't see anyone buying this after the prolonged protests that will happen, he knows this and so will get free publicity for his poxy shops until the club is sold. He is probably so perverted he thinks the publicity will be great for him, good or bad. What's the saying, knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. So apt.

What is the actual benefit to this though? He's not paying us sponsorship money for it so that completely negates its effect, and it's too f***ing long and pathetic.

They're either incredibly incredibly idiotic people, or they're taking the piss.

They're just trying to demonstrate what potential sponsors will get.

It's a shit idea, but the name will change to whatever hapless company they can get for next season.

What is the actual benefit to this though? He's not paying us sponsorship money for it so that completely negates its effect, and it's too f***ing long and pathetic.

They're just trying to demonstrate what potential sponsors will get.

It's a s*** idea, but the name will change to whatever hapless company they can get for next season.

Like Sports Direct. Watch it happen.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, what a complete fucking cunt.

He's actually willing to advertise his brand in association with visceral hatred.

This tells me that he's doing it deliberately now, and that he continues to better himself daily in the stupid stakes.

Guest The_Scoreboard

I can just imagine the fat cunt has used the clubs money to pay SportsDirect for the use of their name in this arse about face plan. Rape this club and 50,000 fans everyweek to keep his company afloat. If my telly wasn't so expensive i would have put my foot through it earlier when Lyingarse was on :angry:

I can just imagine the fat c*** has used the clubs money to pay SportsDirect for the use of their name in this arse about face plan. Rape this club and 50,000 fans everyweek to keep his company afloat. If my telly wasn't so expensive i would have put my foot through it earlier when Lyingarse was on :angry:

Think that might going too far even for Ashley, paying someone to sponsor you is beyond even him.

It's a deliberately provocative move for me - he's intent on breaking the backs of the fans and possibly the club too. No mistake about it - this is personal and has been for some time.

Pleased I got my Peterboro ticket today, so I can go and join in the protests. Was also interviewed by Radio Newcastle/Look North upon leaving the ticket office and I showed my displeasure. Cracking looking lass with the TV camera too.  :coolsmiley:

I'd be more annoyed if the name made any sense. It's unacceptable either way of course but this is marketing 101 surely: the name is too long, makes no sense, you get lost half way in it when reading it even.

I can't believe they are consistently this retarded in their decision making... as said they must just be taking the piss now.

As a marketing idea the very best you could say about it is that it lacks any sort of class. In reality it is nothing more than an attempt to copy what his arch rival, Whelan, did at Wigan. To Ashley the history, tradition and standing of the club mean nothing and there is no material difference between us and a club like Wigan.

I don't think any of Ashley's decisions, including this one, are aimed at taking the piss. He is simply applying the same business principles that he used to build up Sports Direct and, as he has done since he bought the club, he demonstrates that he doesn't understand the first thing about the club and who his customers are.  The sad fact is he is as thick as sh1t in a bucket when it comes to operating outside the business area he knows and understands.

It's a deliberately provocative move for me - he's intent on breaking the backs of the fans and possibly the club too. No mistake about it - this is personal and has been for some time.

Pleased I got my Peterboro ticket today, so I can go and join in the protests. Was also interviewed by Radio Newcastle/Look North upon leaving the ticket office and I showed my displeasure. Cracking looking lass with the TV camera too.  :coolsmiley:

Well at least something positive has come out of this mess.

As a marketing idea the very best you could say about it is that it lacks any sort of class. In reality it is nothing more than an attempt to copy what his arch rival, Whelan, did at Wigan. To him the history, tradition and standing of the club mean nothing and there is no material difference between us and a club like Wigan.

I don't think any of Ashley's decisions, including this one, are aimed at taking the piss. He is simply applying the same business principles that he used to build up Sports Direct and, as he has done since he bought the club, he demonstrates that he doesn't understand the first thing about the club and who his customers are.  The sad fact is he is as thick as sh1t in a bucket when it comes to operating outside the business area he knows and understands.

As I said before, he will be loving this and thinking all this publicity is free publicity for his poxy shops.

Guest johnson293

This is just my take on it, but he raised the idea of selling off the naming rights - it caused uproar, and he probably thinks he won't get away with wiping out the name 'St James' altogether.

So he thinks he's being the reasonable one now by saying, 'don't worry, the new name will always include St James' as he has now done.

However, what this renaming excercise also does is show prospective sponsors what their name will look like, and what format the naming will (now) take.

If no-one is interested, or if they dont want to pay decent money for what is now a watered down version of the naming rights, then I suspect it will just stay as the 'sportsdirect.com @ St James stadium' for the foreseeable future, and/or until he puts the club back on the market and finally manages to sell up.

At the end fo the day, he got away with removing the club crest off the front of the Gallowgate stand and replaced it with 'Sports Direct.com' and I suspect now that he's renamed the ground and kept St James in there, he's probably hoping this will just be forgotten about in a few weeks/months time.

Guest firetotheworks

Every word added is awful like

A park stadium for fucks sake.

The @ symbol too, I didnt realise it was 1999

Ah, I dont even need to continue. I just hope there's a sign put up, so we can rip the fucker down.

I refuse to buy anything from Sports Direct and haven't since he came to the club!!

As far as buying stuf from inside the stadium such as a beer, that doesn't hurt him at all, the franchise rights are sold off to outside caterers who then make their money back by selling disgusting beer and foul pies at high profit margins.  You will only be hurting the franchisee by boycotting them.  However, the lager is the worst I ever tasted and tend not to buy one too often anyway!!

They could call the stadium the Mike Ashley hates all Geordies Stadium and I would still refer to it as St James' so while I find the whole thing mildly unsavoury (like the pies) I am not really that bothered.

I refuse to buy anything from Sports Direct and haven't since he came to the club!!

As far as buying stuf from inside the stadium such as a beer, that doesn't hurt him at all, the franchise rights are sold off to outside caterers who then make their money back by selling disgusting beer and foul pies at high profit margins.  You will only be hurting the franchisee by boycotting them.  However, the lager is the worst I ever tasted and tend not to buy one too often anyway!!

They could call the stadium the Mike Ashley hates all Geordies Stadium and I would still refer to it as St James' so while I find the whole thing mildly unsavoury (like the pies) I am not really that bothered.

He's bought them out hasn't  he? My understanding is the money goes to the club now not the franchises.