Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The unique identity and character of St James is dead, and the soul of the club is slowly being crushed.   

Agree with this.  I think very slowly and gradually the club is alienating itself from this city and the supporters.  The longer Ashley hangs around the greater the damage.  I don't think this is intentional on his part but there is a lack of understanding of (and willingness to learn) how to run a football club and its role within the city and the community.  Many people are starting not to care and eventually most won't and where will the football club be then.

People like Keegan, Robson and SJH recognised this and reached out and embraced the city and supporters and when everyone is on one side, it is a very powerful force.  Unfortunately this lot will not or cannot see this.

He named a stand after himself man. :lol:

At the end of the day I'm a Newcastle supporter so on-field issues are always my main concern, I love st James' and I think it's an iconic english stadium and some signs ain't gonna change that, although it has to be said I feel completely deflated now with anything and everything Ashley does.

Lets just pray a respectable company see's this amazing chance to plaster their name all over an iconic English stadium, horrible when that's your only hope like

Okay don't get me wrong, I'm not impressed by this, but this thread has reached suicidal proportions the last 2 pages! It looks cheap and tacky, but ripping the soul of the stadium and club?

Someone on the previous page states that advertising round the pitch and stadium is okay, that's only because you're used to it! I'm sure people were also wondering what the fuck when they originally went up. But look at the club, it's still here, and amazingly, it's still got it's history. Jesus christ :lol:

Guest thenorthumbrian

The stadium with Ashley’s tacky advertising all over it will look like a cheap superstore in Luton high street.

That is ripping the soul out of the club, just as Ashley is ripping the piss out of the fans.

If people are happy to bend over and be shafted, good luck to them.

Okay don't get me wrong, I'm not impressed by this, but this thread has reached suicidal proportions the last 2 pages! It looks cheap and tacky, but ripping the soul of the stadium and club?

Someone on the previous page states that advertising round the pitch and stadium is okay, that's only because you're used to it! I'm sure people were also wondering what the fuck when they originally went up. But look at the club, it's still here, and amazingly, it's still got it's history. Jesus christ :lol:

If someone paid you a million quid a year to have a cock tattooed on your forehead you'd probably take it. People would laugh at you and take the piss, but they'd soon shut up when you told them how much you were getting for it.

If someone asked you to have a cock tattooed on your forehead for nowt, they just told you you were advertising the fact you were willing to have something like a cock tattooed on your forehead, and trust them they'd be working hard to get someone to pay you to change it to a pair of tits, what would you do? People would laugh at you and take the piss, you might even lose your job and be worse off financially for it, and when you told people you were doing it for nothing they'd laugh even harder and tell you how apt it was.

The advertising round the pitch is option 1, all this Sports Direct advertising is option 2. It is in no way beneficial to the club, and if anything it will drive away other potential sponsors who wouldn't want to be associated with it.

If someone paid you a million quid a year to have a cock tattooed on your forehead you'd probably take it. People would laugh at you and take the piss, but they'd soon shut up when you told them how much you were getting for it.

If someone asked you to have a cock tattooed on your forehead for nowt, they just told you you were advertising the fact you were willing to have something like a cock tattooed on your forehead, and trust them they'd be working hard to get someone to pay you to change it to a pair of tits, what would you do? People would laugh at you and take the piss, you might even lose your job and be worse off financially for it, and when you told people you were doing it for nothing they'd laugh even harder and tell you how apt it was.

The advertising round the pitch is option 1, all this Sports Direct advertising is option 2. It is in no way beneficial to the club, and if anything it will drive away other potential sponsors who wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Like I've already said, I'm in your camp, I agree it's pointless, detrimental, tacky, all that. But the way people are going on like our last shreds of dignity have been ripped out of us is just ridiculous.

i dont care for these signs, they're rubbish

im not gonna get in a hissy fit over it mind you

it does boggle my mind how fatty mike mike thinks this is a good idea mind you, he just lurches from one pr disaster to the next, dozy fat cockney wankaaa

Does every thread have to be - ask a question, get some opinions, criticise those people for having an opinion?

I'm happy to admit I had a reaction when I heard the plans for these signs, and a worse one when I saw them painted on the roof of SJP. Yes, it isn't an outbreak of war or the downfall of a government, but in the context of football it's something that people are entitled to be annoyed about IMO.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The unique identity and character of St James is dead, and the soul of the club is slowly being crushed.   

:lol: :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Does every thread have to be - ask a question, get some opinions, criticise those people for having an opinion?

Essentially why most football debates on this/any forum are totally fucking pointless.

You're opinion is wrong. Anyone else agree?

I'm happy to admit I had a reaction when I heard the plans for these signs, and a worse one when I saw them painted on the roof of SJP. Yes, it isn't an outbreak of war or the downfall of a government, but in the context of football it's something that people are entitled to be annoyed about IMO.

I wasn't too bothered about the signs but painting the roof of the Gallowagte just looks shit and spoils how the ground looks from the Leazes.  I don't know how Ashley expects to benefit from this at all, it's as if he was trying to rub our noses in it.