Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU FAT COCKNEY RAPIST AND BY RAPIST WE DON'T MEAN YOU HAVE FORCED SOMEONE TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU AGAINST THEIR WILL BUT THAT YOU HAVE RAPED OUR CLUB AND MADE US A COMPLETE SHAMBLES.

Probably a bit long for a banner?

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU FAT COCKNEY RAPIST AND BY RAPIST WE DON'T MEAN YOU HAVE FORCED SOMEONE TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU AGAINST THEIR WILL BUT THAT YOU HAVE RAPED OUR CLUB AND MADE US A COMPLETE SHAMBLES.

Probably a bit long for a banner?

With a bit of luck, that might actually stretch the around the stadium

Jesus wept :lol:

Can one of the holier-than-thou fuckwits on here knock up 'An Idiots Guide to Protesting' because i'd love to know exactly how I and others should be conducting ourselves against Swansea and Watford?

The banner may have been unpalatable for some and that's not surprising because rape is a very strong word but in this instance it's quite apt (my main problem with the banner was the use of the term 'cockney'. Not very accurate.) I think the fact that it was within full view of the press area and it was seen by some journalists yet there has been little or no comment in todays rags about it tells you all you need to know. We're not in the midst of another 'boycoutt' episode, far from it. The feeling I get from supporters of other clubs and the press is that we could commit some gross physical acts of violence against him and they'd still struggle to blame us for it.

And I don't want to bang on about this but if you're a non-attendee unless you didn't go to the game as a form of boycott then your opinion really isn't valid. I don't care how logistically difficult it would be for you to get to St. James' Park from Uruguay, or if you've owned every home kit since year zero, i've paid my money and I'm well within my rights to protest so please don't tell me i'm wrong.

Can one of the holier-than-thou fuckwits on here knock up 'An Idiots Guide to Protesting' because i'd love to know exactly how I and others should be conducting ourselves against Swansea and Watford?

The banner may have been unpalatable for some and that's not surprising because rape is a very strong word but in this instance it's quite apt (my main problem with the banner was the use of the term 'cockney'. Not very accurate.) I think the fact that it was within full view of the press area and it was seen by some journalists yet there has been little or no comment in todays rags about it tells you all you need to know. We're not in the midst of another 'boycoutt' episode, far from it. The feeling I get from supporters of other clubs and the press is that we could commit some gross physical acts of violence against him and they'd still struggle to blame us for it.

And I don't want to bang on about this but if you're a non-attendee unless you didn't go to the game as a form of boycott then your opinion really isn't valid. I don't care how logistically difficult it would be for you to get to St. James' Park from Uruguay, or if you've owned every home kit since year zero, i've paid my money and I'm well within my rights to protest so please don't tell me i'm wrong.

I haven't been going out of protest  :shifty:

Magnificent post  :clap: :clap:

The Sunday Sun failed to mention the banner "Banners reading: “Saint Robson, Saint Shearer, Saint James’” were displayed accompanied by chants of “We want Ashley out”, “Newcastle United will never be defeated” and “Get out of our club, get out of our club, you fat Cockney b*****d, get out of our club!”

The only people offended by it & making it a debate in the main are the usual suspects on here.

So what was the purpose of the banner? Just to insult Ashley? The bit in bold is the key to everyones 'grievances' with the banner in my opinion.

So what was the purpose of the banner? Just to insult Ashley? The bit in bold is the key to everyones 'grievances' with the banner in my opinion.

What was the purpose of any banner there yesterday?

Also, did you go to the match?

What the fuck does it matter? It doesn't mean people who weren't at the match can't have an opinion on the banners/protests.

Guest Brummiemag

There's no doubt he is raping the club so whats the problem.

This twat is destroying our club for christ sake and he's enjoying it.  As far as I'm concerned, the more offensive the better. 

The banner was good. Well done to those who have taken the time and trouble to make it 

99.99% of folk know what the context of the banner wording was, and I can fully understand why it was made and shown.

However you can't accuse someone of being a 'rapist', whatever the intention and not expect the police and stewards to be ordered to get it removed.

I personally thought the homemade sheet one was much better thought out and probably got more publicity which I thought was the point.

FAO:DAVE

If Fredbob & Mandiarse are posting can NE5 not be allowed back in to bring balance?

You sad cunt.

Just for the record before i get banned, the content of the banner is my issue, not the overall intention which by the sounds of it was just to insult the owner. All im saying is maybe a more articulate thoughtful criticsm was more apt.

Cunt.

P.S bring back NE5

What the fuck does it matter? It doesn't mean people who weren't at the match can't have an opinion on the banners/protests.

They can have an opinion, but I don't want to be talked down to by someone who didn't invest the time or the money to get to the ground yesterday.

I'd like to see hundreds of banners at the next home game and the press can pick up on both the message and the OTT handling by stewards and Police.  In view of the touchy feely brigade, maybe as suggested earlier, someone can put up a rules of demonstration code of practice.  What next, disciplinary hearings for fans commiting noise nuisance offences?

FAO:DAVE

If Fredbob & Mandiarse are posting can NE5 not be allowed back in to bring balance?

You sad c***.

Just for the record before i get banned, the content of the banner is my issue, not the overall intention which by the sounds of it was just to insult the owner. All im saying is maybe a more articulate thoughtful criticsm was more apt.

c***.

P.S bring back NE5

:thup: