Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The protests after the game was full of chavs

"Stand up for St james Park" then "Sit down for St James Park" obviously something they have learnt while at school this year.

At least they where trying to do something constructive rather then bitching on a forum

Guest michaelfoster

"Stand up for St james Park" then "Sit down for St James Park" obviously something they have learnt while at school this year.

At least they where trying to do something constructive rather then bitching on a forum

Ive got better things to do that stand round a bunch of chavs trying to get in the press tbh

Constructive :lol:

My seat shamefully empty.  :blush:

Think any protest could benefit from more local coverage though, spoke to loads of people before the game who had no idea anything was happening as they don't go on here/other forums/facebook all the time.

Ive got better things to do that stand round a bunch of chavs trying to get in the press tbh

What better than fighting to save your club

Think any protest could benefit from more local coverage though, spoke to loads of people before the game who had no idea anything was happening as they don't go on here/other forums/facebook all the time.

I'm sure if we continue this at every home game, then things will kind of start to snowball more people will start to sing and the press will run with it. I think the songs need to be cleaned up so the TV can run with the story as well.

Pissing in the wind, amigo.

Much rather piss in the wind and get wet, than sit around bitching and dismissing anybody who wants to try.

What happend to this country, we used to always have the stomach for a fight, now we just huff and say what can i do to change things.

I'm sure if we continue this at every home game, then things will kind of start to snowball more people will start to sing and the press will run with it. I think the songs need to be cleaned up so the TV can run with the story as well.

Fair comments, I agree.  :thup:

Much rather piss in the wind and get wet, than sit around bitching and dismissing anybody who wants to try.

What happend to this country, we used to always have the stomach for a fight, now we just huff and say what can i do to change things.

Oh I agree with you. My comment was directed at who you were questioning - Ashley apologist.

Oh I agree with you. My comment was directed at who you were questioning - Ashley apologist.

It's amazing that people are still just sitting back and letting this goon, steam roller them. 

The good thing about today was it's just the start, and what a start. The eyes of the media are well and truly on to us after today. Eventually even the apologist will get caught up as this whole protest builds and builds.

Guest michaelfoster

I stood up when they were singing Stand up for St James Park as everyone else did. I think the protests outside the ground were full of chavs wanting media attention, and you wonder why we look like a bunch of tw*ts on Sky.  I also think the chants inside of the ground should of waited till after the game and everyone should of put 100% effort into supporting the players, not 75% supporting the players & 25% Ashley out chants (what happened to the mass sit in btw, job well done there)

The Ashley rapist banner was childish and cringeworthy, bringing in your dirty bed sheets with Ashley out is not going to make him want to leave, he was probably just laughing tbh.

Its funny that if your not threatening to boycott Ashley and call him all the names under the sun your labeled an Ashley Apologist, i want Ashley to leave so we can move on but im skeptical on Barry Moat as he comes accross like he doesnt have a pot to piss in and i hope NUST get their hands nowhere near the club, as it will go tits up.

I went to Milburn reception after the game. It's true that a lot were charvers and most were very young.  At least they were doing something - why is it only the youths? You'd think they'd be least bothered.  I thought the stand-up/sit-down chants were good.  There were some I didn't join in with about Ashley dying, and Shearer in.  Also didn't like Peterbrough players getting stick, but overall, glad they were there.

Started at reception, then suddenly people started running up towards where the cars leave.

Also for anyone still in the ground when the banner was took etc, were the chants loud? Seemed decent up there since the place was empty and all the noice was just bouncing around the empty stadium.

Rather piss in the wind than have my bladder burst.

It's easy to attack others for protesting (particularly youngsters) when you aren't prepared to do anything yourself. What is it with some folk? Customers and not supporters, IMO. Content to watch whilst the club is pulled down around them.

Aye, I stayed back for ages and the vast majority who hung around were kids. Was still a mixed crowd but alot of kids. Can't really say they were there to be on TV, there wasnt any cameras around by the time I'd made it down from the LC yet all the kids were still there. Cringed at some of the stuff they came out with but at the end of the day I'd take that over nothing.

Also for anyone still in the ground when the banner was took etc, were the chants loud? Seemed decent up there since the place was empty and all the noice was just bouncing around the empty stadium.

Yep, very loud and clear. Same with those MJ impersonators in the East stand. :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

It's easy to attack others for protesting (particularly youngsters) when you aren't prepared to do anything yourself. What is it with some folk? Customers and not supporters, IMO. Content to watch whilst the club is pulled down around them.

Customers and not supporters? Get off your high horse ffs. Im going to most home games ffs, im also got tickets for Barnsley next month to support the lads. Some people need to get their priorities right

1. Support the lads for 90 mins with minimal protesting/anti ashley chanting

2. Do your protesting after the game

Why you judging me for not going to protest after the game when you said earlier that you went straight home, at least i went to see what was happening.

Foster - I went to the protest before the game, and headed home straight after. Two reasons, am not well and I wanted to see the bairn before she went to bed. I did my bit today. I'm just bemused by the amount of apathy towards the situation that there is out there. Too many people who might whinge to their mates, but when push comes to shove they take the  buggering off Ashley with no protest. That's whats wrong.

Foster - I went to the protest before the game, and headed home straight after. Two reasons, am not well and I wanted to see the bairn before she went to bed. I did my bit today. I'm just bemused by the amount of apathy towards the situation that there is out there. Too many people who might whinge to their mates, but when push comes to shove they take the  buggering off Ashley with no protest. That's whats wrong.

i know of at least a few who didn't want to protest before the game lest it affected the team.