Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest michaelfoster

The thing is protests havnt worked before so why will a few thousand kids make him change his mind, he wont sell the club until people stop going to games, not going to an FA cup idea would be a good idea as it would hit his pockets as it will get to a point where he cant subsidise the club and will have to sell.

Foster - I went to the protest before the game, and headed home straight after. Two reasons, am not well and I wanted to see the bairn before she went to bed. I did my bit today. I'm just bemused by the amount of apathy towards the situation that there is out there. Too many people who might whinge to their mates, but when push comes to shove they take the  buggering off Ashley with no protest. That's whats wrong.

Yup, lots of moaning but take it up the cack pipe like no ones business.

Ashley knows its lots of hot air. 

Foster - I went to the protest before the game, and headed home straight after. Two reasons, am not well and I wanted to see the bairn before she went to bed. I did my bit today. I'm just bemused by the amount of apathy towards the situation that there is out there. Too many people who might whinge to their mates, but when push comes to shove they take the  buggering off Ashley with no protest. That's whats wrong.

i know of at least a few who didn't want to protest before the game lest it affected the team.

Well it clearly didn't affect the lads did it, so that's a bit of a pish poor excuse!

i know of at least a few who didn't want to protest before the game lest it affected the team.

How the fuck would protesting before the game affect the team?

The excuses are getting ridiculous. We won 3-1 today and probably played the best we have all year.

The thing is protests havnt worked before so why will a few thousand kids make him change his mind, he wont sell the club until people stop going to games, not going to an FA cup idea would be a good idea as it would hit his pockets as it will get to a point where he cant subsidise the club and will have to sell.

Because what might be a couple of thousand young'uns now might snowball into something bigger if the pressure is kept up. Protests can work - what's required is patience to see the job through. What we could do with is the local rags onside a lot more than they have been.

How the f*** would protesting before the game affect the team?

The excuses are getting ridiculous. We won 3-1 today and probably played the best we have all year.

was the protest not at the main entrance.

And?

some people may think that protesting when players are coming into the stadium may have the opposite effect to supporting them when on the pitch.

I personally feel the players and Hughton understand what a cunt pork pie and his bitch are.

Guest kissmyballs

Oh I agree with you. My comment was directed at who you were questioning - Ashley apologist.

I stood up when they were singing Stand up for St James Park as everyone else did. I think the protests outside the ground were full of chavs wanting media attention, and you wonder why we look like a bunch of tw*ts on Sky.  I also think the chants inside of the ground should of waited till after the game and everyone should of put 100% effort into supporting the players, not 75% supporting the players & 25% Ashley out chants (what happened to the mass sit in btw, job well done there)

The Ashley rapist banner was childish and cringeworthy, bringing in your dirty bed sheets with Ashley out is not going to make him want to leave, he was probably just laughing tbh.

Its funny that if your not threatening to boycott Ashley and call him all the names under the sun your labeled an Ashley Apologist, i want Ashley to leave so we can move on but im skeptical on Barry Moat as he comes accross like he doesnt have a pot to piss in and i hope NUST get their hands nowhere near the club, as it will go tits up.

I don’t think you need worry about that.

I think you’re being really unfair on the 'chavs' as you sneeringly call them. The difference between them and you might just be that they still think it is possible for people to change the world they live in. I joined the post match protest and there were some ‘look at me’ types but the vast majority were clearly there because they care.

The reason the kids end up being our media representatives is because the older supporters generally can’t be arsed to take any initiative. You may well have stood up, but you had to wait for the ‘chavs’ up in the LC to get the chant going did you not?

Ashley is the enemy, save your vitriol for him.

And?

some people may think that protesting when players are coming into the stadium may have the opposite effect to supporting them when on the pitch.

Were they even protesting when the players were coming into the ground like?

It's fucking stupid this. The players got support when they were playing football, and they won. As if they're so precious that protests (not against them) BEFORE the game could make them play worse. Ridiculous.

And?

Were they even protesting when the players were coming into the ground like?

It's f***ing stupid this. The players got support when they were playing football, and they won. As if they're so precious that protests (not against them) BEFORE the game could make them play worse. Ridiculous.

i've no idea. but i know one or two of the younger lads from work said they wouldn't go to the earlier protes as they didn't want to protest where and when the players were coming in.

Guest firetotheworks

The players aren't fucking daft y'know. Theyre capable of seperating anti-Ashley chants with anti-player chants.

Not protesting before the game in case the players see/hear it and it puts them off hours later or whatever. Heard it all now.

surely then protesting when the object of the protest is out of earshot and safely tucked away is just as daft then ?

Guest kissmyballs

Not protesting before the game in case the players see/hear it and it puts them off hours later or whatever. Heard it all now.

Steve Harper appeared during the post match protest to a loud chorus of ‘there’s only one Stevie Harper, to which he smiled and waved. I’m sure if this had happened pre match he’d have deliberately let in three goals to spite the support.

Fucking mint, I work down the Bigg Market and as a result when I go in on Monday I may not be able to do my job properly due to people drinking at the Beehive and singing anti-women chants.

surely then protesting when the object of the protest is out of earshot and safely tucked away is just as daft then ?

The protests aren't aimed at the players. ???

The players aren't f***ing daft y'know. Theyre capable of seperating anti-Ashley chants with anti-player chants.

Both Steve Harper & Alan Smith appeared infront of the protesting crowd after the match. Harper was even clapping them. Maybe we could end this myth about fans chanting about Ashley affecting the team?

f***ing mint, I work down the Bigg Market and as a result when I go in on Monday I may not be able to do my job properly due to people drinking at the Beehive and singing anti-women chants.

just be the latest in your recent long line of excuses though jill.