Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The players aren't f***ing daft y'know. Theyre capable of seperating anti-Ashley chants with anti-player chants.

Both Steve Harper & Alan Smith appeared infront of the protesting crowd after the match. Harper was even clapping them. Maybe we could end this myth about fans chanting about Ashley affecting the team?

a myth started by the players if thats the case.

Guest kissmyballs

The players aren't f***ing daft y'know. Theyre capable of seperating anti-Ashley chants with anti-player chants.

Both Steve Harper & Alan Smith appeared infront of the protesting crowd after the match. Harper was even clapping them. Maybe we could end this myth about fans chanting about Ashley affecting the team?

We can’t do that! NUST would have to find another excuse for doing nothing.

f***ing mint, I work down the Bigg Market and as a result when I go in on Monday I may not be able to do my job properly due to people drinking at the Beehive and singing anti-women chants.

just be the latest in your recent long line of excuses though jill.

:aww: I fucking wish I could use that. I hate my job.  :lol:

Guest kissmyballs

Which players?

Which players?

wasn't it steven taylor and alan smith who said they've got to try and not let the negative atmosphere at times get to them.

chronicle interviews mind so possibly shite.

Which players?

wasn't it steven taylor and alan smith who said they've got to try and not let the negative atmosphere at times get to them.

Of course it was negative last season we were getting beat most weeks on top of everything else.

Which players?

Of course it was negative last season we were getting beat most weeks on top of everything else.

no. this season aswell

Guest neesy111

Which players?

chronicle interviews mind so possibly shite.

i seem to remember a certain michael owen blaming this shit as well last season, or getting steven taylor to say it in the chronicle cos he wouldn't speak to the press despite being the captain ffs

I protested before and during the match. I would do the same again. Those in L7 were great save for a lull every now and again.

The performance today flew in the face of what the cockmasters on here insist. The team played well while protests went on. We supported the team and flicked the V's to the management. It wasn't like Hull, where we collapsed to a defeat, because unlike Hull we hadn't just lost a popular manager and the team didn't know where they were. Obviously though i'm wrong and it was all the fans fault.

Finally, I have a real problem with wankers on here who dont pay their money telling me I'm in the wrong for protesting. Can we put badges on them or something? I respect their right to have an opinion but unless you put your hand in your pocket for games then you have no right to judge me or my motives so fuck off. Seriously, if you don't attend games get fucked.

I protested before and during the match. I would do the same again. Those in L7 were great save for a lull every now and again.

The performance today flew in the face of what the cockmasters on here insist. The team played well while protests went on. We supported the team and flicked the V's to the management. It wasn't like Hull, where we collapsed to a defeat, because unlike Hull we hadn't just lost a popular manager and the team didn't know where they were. Obviously though i'm wrong and it was all the fans fault.

Finally, I have a real problem with wankers on here who dont pay their money telling me I'm in the wrong for protesting. Can we put badges on them or something? I respect their right to have an opinion but unless you put your hand in your pocket for games then you have no right to judge me or my motives so f*** off. Seriously, if you don't attend games get f***ed.

i hope that was a go at me.

Finally, I have a real problem with wankers on here who dont pay their money telling me I'm in the wrong for protesting. Can we put badges on them or something? I respect their right to have an opinion but unless you put your hand in your pocket for games then you have no right to judge me or my motives so fuck off. Seriously, if you don't attend games get fucked.

Well said mate.

I thought the protesting today went really well, and it's hilarious that people insist it has a negative effect on the team. The atmosphere was negative and quite fierce today, better then the usual silence. Fair play to all at today's game who made their voices heard.

What a complete pile of shite.

I didn't go to the home game yesterday as I live 300 miles away and I was moving house. When I do go, due to travel/accommodation my hand goes deeper into my pocket than most fans. Same goes for a lot of posters on here who live abroad but still follow NUFC despite it being incredibly difficult, or even those who have decided not to go back whilst Ashley is here. I don't agree with them, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, and spending £30 every 2 weeks on a home game ticket does not make it any more valid than anyone else.

Protesting during the match does create a negative atmosphere, and if the players are saying it then you're not going to convince anyone otherwise. Beating a team who are now bottom of the league 3 - 1 doesn't vindicate your point, If we were playing West Brom and were 1 - 0 down and the team needed a lift, would you still rather be chanting Ashley Out rather than trying to lift the team?

Having said that, got a lot of respect for any of those who got there early and protested before and after the game outside of the ground.

ASHLEY OUT

While we are sitting top of the table Ashley is not going to be too concerned about protests, however loud they get. Catch 22 situation for me. While I want the fat bastard out if we don't get promotion this season I think there is a real danger that we'll become entrenched as a second tier club long term, so results first for me, Ashley out is secondary.

Guest neesy111

While we are sitting top of the table Ashley is not going to be too concerned about protests, however loud they get. Catch 22 situation for me. While I want the fat bastard out if we don't get promotion this season I think there is a real danger that we'll become entrenched as a second tier club long term, so results first for me, Ashley out is secondary.

but with ashley at the club, we'll never ever have stability even if we go up?

Guest sicko2ndbest

While we are sitting top of the table Ashley is not going to be too concerned about protests, however loud they get. Catch 22 situation for me. While I want the fat b****** out if we don't get promotion this season I think there is a real danger that we'll become entrenched as a second tier club long term, so results first for me, Ashley out is secondary.

only if the fat one stays in charge. I have no doubt whatsoever that we will go down next season if we get promoted this!

Finally, I have a real problem with wankers on here who dont pay their money telling me I'm in the wrong for protesting. Can we put badges on them or something? I respect their right to have an opinion but unless you put your hand in your pocket for games then you have no right to judge me or my motives so f*** off. Seriously, if you don't attend games get f***ed.

What a complete pile of s****.

I didn't go to the home game yesterday as I live 300 miles away and I was moving house. When I do go, due to travel/accommodation my hand goes deeper into my pocket than most fans. Same goes for a lot of posters on here who live abroad but still follow NUFC despite it being incredibly difficult, or even those who have decided not to go back whilst Ashley is here. I don't agree with them, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, and spending £30 every 2 weeks on a home game ticket does not make it any more valid than anyone else.

Protesting during the match does create a negative atmosphere, and if the players are saying it then you're not going to convince anyone otherwise. Beating a team who are now bottom of the league 3 - 1 doesn't vindicate your point, If we were playing West Brom and were 1 - 0 down and the team needed a lift, would you still rather be chanting Ashley Out rather than trying to lift the team?

Having said that, got a lot of respect for any of those who got there early and protested before and after the game outside of the ground.

ASHLEY OUT

The old "I'm better than you cos I go to the match" chestnut.

I agree with you that exiled fans have just as much passion (sometimes more) than some of those who are at the match.

My yardstick has always been that if, for the 90 minutes Newcastle are playing, you are there with them whether in body or spirit wherever you are in the world then you are a TRUE fan.

Equally, as the previous correspondent said, if you pay your money then you are entitled to voice opinions whether they be political protests or support for the team.

As someone who is always at SJP, I'll put yesterday's protests in context as I saw them. They were sometimes loud but pretty sporadic, certainly louder than at any other game but the atmosphere never sank to the vile level it did last season vs Hull.

Surprisingly those who were singing the protest songs were still in the minority, but as we all know a vociferous minority will always stand out more than a silent majority.

The "stand up" song had the most impact, although that's always a difficult one to gauge as once a few people stand up everyone has to follow suit just to see what's going on.

The new "Sports Direct" ditty was a bit feeble and ironic - I'm sure most of those singing it have been known to buy an occasional pair of cheap trainers there.

Once again the old "you're support is f*cking shit" ditty got an airing for the Posh fans who had sold out their section to follow the league's bottom side, unlike the fantastic support our team got when the third goal was immediately followed by the "fat cockney b@stard" ditty.

So another day of protest at SJP but probably not at the levels some had hoped for. Maybe the realisation that until some "skinny Geordie b@stard", or other, is prepared to show the real colour of their money then the "fat cockney b@stard" is all we've got.

Some steward got made to look a right twat in the gallowgate from what I saw.

What happened?

Someone unfurled a banner, steward came over and tried to take it off him or throw him out or something, whatever it was, a load of people stood up and people from further back started moving down towards him, eventually he backed down and walked away, to a lot of sarcastic cheering.

I was on the metro last night and some you punks got on at Haymarket. I was with my little one (she's 6) and these neanderthals break into some chant about bonfires/Ashley/Llambias/Fucking burning.  For 15 minutes solid.  There were about 6 of them, aged 20-23 i'd say.  Complete pricks.  You could see the fear/intimidation felt by some of the older folk on the train and their disregard for youngsters on the train. Putting the emphasis on the 'and burn the FUCKING lot'. Sometimes it embarrasing being a fan of NUFC. Lads will be lads I guess but if I'd had a snooker ball in a sock I would have had no regret in using them.

While we are sitting top of the table Ashley is not going to be too concerned about protests, however loud they get. Catch 22 situation for me. While I want the fat b****** out if we don't get promotion this season I think there is a real danger that we'll become entrenched as a second tier club long term, so results first for me, Ashley out is secondary.

only if the fat one stays in charge. I have no doubt whatsoever that we will go down next season if we get promoted this!

Maybe but I'd rather cross that hurdle when we come to it. No way in hell would I give up my promotion hopes just to be rid of Ashley. Especially as no one wants us bad enough to pay the money he's asking, even if the club is over-priced.

Guest prestonj1989

I was on the metro last night and some you punks got on at Haymarket. I was with my little one (she's 6) and these neanderthals break into some chant about bonfires/Ashley/Llambias/f***ing burning.  For 15 minutes solid.  There were about 6 of them, aged 20-23 i'd say.  Complete pricks.  You could see the fear/intimidation felt by some of the older folk on the train and their disregard for youngsters on the train. Putting the emphasis on the 'and burn the f***ing lot'. Sometimes it embarrasing being a fan of NUFC. Lads will be lads I guess but if I'd had a snooker ball in a sock I would have had no regret in using them.

That's a bit over the top isn't it.

I was on the metro last night and some you punks got on at Haymarket. I was with my little one (she's 6) and these neanderthals break into some chant about bonfires/Ashley/Llambias/f***ing burning.  For 15 minutes solid.  There were about 6 of them, aged 20-23 i'd say.  Complete pricks.  You could see the fear/intimidation felt by some of the older folk on the train and their disregard for youngsters on the train. Putting the emphasis on the 'and burn the f***ing lot'. Sometimes it embarrasing being a fan of NUFC. Lads will be lads I guess but if I'd had a snooker ball in a sock I would have had no regret in using them.

That's a bit over the top isn't it.

Not really chap if it was just me, snooker ball, sock and those 6 neanderthals in a back lane somewhere. I would not carry out such action within the confines of public transport of course.

Having seen people on here use expressions like "slurper" and "bum-f***" as a way of communicating their argument nothing should surprise us about the levels they'll sink to.

Legitimate and even insultory protest can be justified and the present Newcastle ownership deserve criticism, but the "Ashley rapist" banner yesterday was a disgrace and going too far, in a stadium where many parents take young children.

Perhaps the "politician fans" who like to organise protests could ask their protesters to do so in a manner which does not offend decent people ?

Talkshite's reporter for the Hull game is going on about it.  

"Wretched naming of the stadium".

"I don't know who's advising the fella, but every week they come out with something, and its like shooting themselves in the foot.  Then the next week they have to come out with something to try and cover it"

"The club is just a shambles.  A mess from top to bottom"

"If someone steps up with the cash, he'll bite their hand off, obviously".

Nothing we didn't know like, just thought I'd post it.