Newcastle United 3 - 1 Peterborough United - 07/11/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

Absolute piece of watery piss. Conceding the goal is pretty frustrating cos Peterborough would have been lucky to get 0, even if they had the odd five minute spell of pressure. Somebody lost his man for their goal... but i won't say who it was in order to protect myself from some a-grade Ronaldo rapeage.

All three goals were belters; Simpson's looked absolutely quality from the Gallowgate. Jonas' was brilliant and i was gutted when he came off. He was actually up or it today and tearing them a new arsehole.

I still can't quite believe Jonas actually scored. ???

Decent atmosphere aswell today. The Anti-Ashley/Pro-SJP calls were particularly vociferous.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There was an advertisement board above the boxes in the Milburn stand which said ''Mr Barry Moat'', which I've never noticed before

been there ages.

Been there at least before August 06

Decent atmosphere aswell today. The Anti-Ashley/Pro-SJP calls were particularly vociferous.

It felt good today, nothing like the crushing depression of the Hull game post-Keegan, there was humour in with the anger.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Somebody lost his man for their goal... but i won't say who it was in order to protect myself from some a-grade Ronaldo rapeage.

Simpson's looked absolutely quality from the Gallowgate.

Wasn't their goal a result of a deflected shot which fell to keates??(not sure)

and it looked even better from the leazes corner as he shot and dropped into the goal :clap2:

From SSN - Posh boss Darren Ferguson believed his side were beaten by the better team.

He said: "Credit to Newcastle, I think you have seen the team that will win the league. They are on a roll at the moment.

On todays performance and the obvious lack of great teams in this championship, he might be onto something. or not?? :thup:

I know it was P'boro but today was one of the few occasions we've actually put out a team set to play football on the deck and it made a difference. Good performance as well as the result.

Could see the posh seats empty but figured they would not be that many since they are twice the size!

By the way I think the atmosphere in the ground is so much better than a couple years ago.  The negative songs aside, which are not my cup of tea but hey ho, there was a good level of singing throughout the game.  I remember taking a non nufc friend to a game a few years back and being quite embarrassed by the silence.  The singing today was quality, despite Peterbourgh being very quiet.  

Guest toonlass

Our corner was great this afternoon. Their fans were quiet apart from about 10 lads at the top of their section who clapped continuously for about 30 minutes. They were all sat down for 95% of the match. What is it with the away fans this season. Great numbers, shit noise.

Our corner was great this afternoon. Their fans were quiet apart from about 10 lads at the top of their section who clapped continuously for about 30 minutes. They were all sat down for 95% of the match. What is it with the away fans this season. Great numbers, shit noise.

I thought that mind, they brought loads but didn't seem to make a noise. I know sound doesn't always travel well in our park/stadium, but I can usually hear the away fans fairly well so they literally must've been sitting down shutting up.  :thdn:

Our corner was great this afternoon. Their fans were quiet apart from about 10 lads at the top of their section who clapped continuously for about 30 minutes. They were all sat down for 95% of the match. What is it with the away fans this season. Great numbers, s*** noise.

I noticed they took the pathetic approach of singing "there's only one Mike Ashley" in a poor attempt to wind us up.

Also, "you're not famous anymore" - take 3,000 away every game do you?