Newcastle United 3 - 1 Peterborough United - 07/11/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

I dont see how it's that pathetic, is it incorrect to say that he's raped our club?

Nope not at all, but the expression "fat cockney rapist" while funny, is childish to say the least.

Get down off your high horse, man. It's not entirely PC and I feel a little uneasy having held it without knowing what it said but that's football. No one died.

Wasn't the point of the protest set to make Ashley feel uncomfortable for the embarassment he's brought to our club? Surely by bringing such a childish banner they only subjected us to more potential embarassment from fellow supporters and the media. I'm glad the protest went well but the wording of the banner seemed a bit uneccessary.

Fuck him, he knew the risks.

I dont see how it's that pathetic, is it incorrect to say that he's raped our club?

Nope not at all, but the expression "fat cockney rapist" while funny, is childish to say the least.

Get down off your high horse, man. It's not entirely PC and I feel a little uneasy having held it without knowing what it said but that's football. No one died.

Wasn't the point of the protest set to make Ashley feel uncomfortable for the embarassment he's brought to our club? Surely by bringing such a childish banner they only subjected us to more potential embarassment from fellow supporters and the media. I'm glad the protest went well but the wording of the banner seemed a bit uneccessary.

I'm past the point of caring what other fans or the media think of us really.

I couldn't give a toss what other fans think either if I'm honest. It just seemed to partially defeat the object of the protest, ah well.

f*** him, he knew the risks.

I suppose all potential buyers will know the risks as well, then.

Guest firetotheworks

tbf though, while Im not against your banner, that is the exact attitude that Ashley has, and it shouldn't. You should care about what other fans think, because we're all singing from the same hymn sheet with this problem.

f*** him, he knew the risks.

I suppose all potential buyers will know the risks as well, then.

It'll make no odds. OTT, but quite funny as well. Well, funny for being unreasonable really.

Guest firetotheworks

are we still papering over the cracks though, how long can we do it for?

Very few cracks on show when playing Peterborough tbh, so who knows. Probably yes. I expect us to go straight back down in our current state.

are we still papering over the cracks though, how long can we do it for?

Very few cracks on show when playing Peterborough tbh, so who knows. Probably yes. I expect us to go straight back down in our current state.

That's pretty much the nature of being a promoted team these days. No one coming up will be good enough without significant improvement.

Just got back. That was bloody easy tbh, but let them get back into it and Harper had to make a few saves. 3 good goals, got a tough game at Preston next.

Protests before, decent amount of people but mostly kids trying to get there pictures into the newspapers, shook Peter Beardsley's hand there. Pretty sure I saw Gordon McQueen as well walk through.

I couldn't give a toss what other fans think either if I'm honest. It just seemed to partially defeat the object of the protest, ah well.

I thought the point was to embarass Ashley, not ourselves.

He probably saw it and laughed his way to the bar. Nice one :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

What would embarrass Ashley in banner form though?

Nothing, that's the point. Nothing chanted on the terraces or written on a banner will make him even bat an eyelid

Nothing, that's the point. Nothing chanted on the terraces or written on a banner will make him even bat an eyelid

so what would you suggest that could be achieved?

Guest The_Scoreboard

From SSN - Posh boss Darren Ferguson believed his side were beaten by the better team.

He said: "Credit to Newcastle, I think you have seen the team that will win the league. They are on a roll at the moment.

On todays performance and the obvious lack of great teams in this championship, he might be onto something. or not?? :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

So no chants and no banners then?

I know Im being flippant, but I'm not sure what point youre making. If nothing will make a difference then why not do something like this as opposed to nothing at all? I know the banner is childish as fuck, but it's still a constant reminder that he's a hated man. I dont think it embarrasses us any more than we already have been by him and previous banners. The addage of him being a rapist is true in the sense that he's raped our club obviously.

So no chants and no banners then?

I know Im being flippant, but I'm not sure what point youre making. If nothing will make a difference then why not do something like this as opposed to nothing at all? I know the banner is childish as f***, but it's still a constant reminder that he's a hated man. I dont think it embarrasses us any more than we already have been by him and previous banners. The addage of him being a rapist is true in the sense that he's raped our club obviously.

this is similar to my point of view.

Played well today and I enjoyed my first time in the Singing Corner. :) Lots of songs and a cracking atmosphere - throat is a little sore now.

Turned up for the protest before the game - few folk there, but as said previously plenty of young'uns desperate for the media attention. Did owt happen after the game?

so what would you suggest that could be achieved?

I won't answer that, but no doubt sicko will be along soon to suggest I reckon we should sit on our arses and do nowt

Good result, disappointed to concede but it felt inevitable after a few decent saves from Harper.

Btw apparently Ashley was having a big event at the ground after the game for about 130 people, and one of Llambias' wife's mates was having a hen do for 30+ also, so I don't think the banner/protests will have ruined their nights too much.

From SSN - Posh boss Darren Ferguson believed his side were beaten by the better team.

He said: "Credit to Newcastle, I think you have seen the team that will win the league. They are on a roll at the moment.

On todays performance and the obvious lack of great teams in this championship, he might be onto something. or not?? :thup:

We looked decent, but really Peterborough are awful. I could have scored today, and I get out of breath just getting to my seat.