Newcastle United 3 - 1 Peterborough United - 07/11/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

Wasn't there...anyone fancy doing some rough ratings or discourse on who stood out / played badly?

Really good team performance tbh. For me the only obvious stand-outs were Enrique and Guthrie; they both played very well down the left. Harewood was toss, though.

Wasn't there...anyone fancy doing some rough ratings or discourse on who stood out / played badly?

Really good team performance tbh. For me the only obvious stand-outs were Enrique and Guthrie; they both played very well down the left. Harewood was toss, though.

Good stuff. Presumably Guthrie started on the right and moved over when Taylor came on for Spidergoal?

Good team performance.

Harper is a street ahead of any GK in this league and should be in the England set up.

Colo was good, Smith was good, Guthrie was good, Jose ditto Harper (not England though), Carrol put his usual hard shift in.

Couldn't really fault anyone, even Harewood looked more interested and put a bit of graft in but his control is poor.

Good stuff. Presumably Guthrie started on the right and moved over when Taylor came on for Spidergoal?

Correct. :thup:

Can't believe they sacked him. They were in League Two 2 seasons ago. Crazy.

Good clubs keep/chuck their managers over ambition rather than sentiment. He's done well to get them this far but might be out of his depth here. If they can get someone better they should say thanks, and move on. Harsh world. In the same way i'd be saying cheerio to Hughton as soon as we were promoted, should we get there.

Do you think 16 games is enough time the decide that he's out of his depth though?  Especially considering they're a pretty small club on a very low budget who have come up from League Two to the Championship in only two seasons?  Surely their board should have been expecting a relegation battle this year.  If they're really ambitious and believe they can get someone better then fair enough, but doing something because of ambition doesn't necessarily make it the right decision.