Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

I guess you know more about Huddersfield Town than the people who watch them every week then. Get good streams in New Jersey?

You don't need to be a dick about it, man. You yourself make plenty of comments about teams in loads of different countries and I'm pretty sure you don't catch all those teams play every week.

Sometimes people outside the club have a better opinion on things because they can be more objective. For example, anyone outside our club now would say that we're having a fantastic season and that Pardew's doing a magnificent job. But you look at some of the posts in here and it's like we're hanging around in 10th, playing some pathetic football and looking like Stoke.

We're all fans so we're all emotional about it, which is why not everything that's said here should be taken seriously. But when someone on the outside speaks then they may be able to see the situation clearer.

I don't have enough information about Clark and Huddersfield but 43 games unbeaten is a fantastic achievement, no matter what spin anyone may put on it. They could easily regress without Clark and everyone will then lament the fact that he was fired, in the same way now that the idiots who booed us at home to Wolves in SBR's last full season must regret doing so. Sometimes people watching every single week don't have much more of a clue than the average person. Sometimes people watching every week lose sight of the big picture precisely because they're watching every week. Just sayin'.

If we had spent three years in the championship I doubt people would have been happy with Hughton no matter how many games we didn't lose.

I guess you know more about Huddersfield Town than the people who watch them every week then. Get good streams in New Jersey?

You don't need to be a dick about it, man. You yourself make plenty of comments about teams in loads of different countries and I'm pretty sure you don't catch all those teams play every week.

Sometimes people outside the club have a better opinion on things because they can be more objective. For example, anyone outside our club now would say that we're having a fantastic season and that Pardew's doing a magnificent job. But you look at some of the posts in here and it's like we're hanging around in 10th, playing some pathetic football and looking like Stoke.

We're all fans so we're all emotional about it, which is why not everything that's said here should be taken seriously. But when someone on the outside speaks then they may be able to see the situation clearer.

I don't have enough information about Clark and Huddersfield but 43 games unbeaten is a fantastic achievement, no matter what spin anyone may put on it. They could easily regress without Clark and everyone will then lament the fact that he was fired, in the same way now that the idiots who booed us at home to Wolves in SBR's last full season must regret doing so. Sometimes people watching every single week don't have much more of a clue than the average person. Sometimes people watching every week lose sight of the big picture precisely because they're watching every week. Just sayin'.

Good post.  :thup:

If we had spent three years in the championship I doubt people would have been happy with Hughton no matter how many games we didn't lose.

That's because we were relegated from the Premiership, so the expectation was instant promotion. Clark took over a team that was in League One.

Anyway, I don't know enough about them so I'm not going to say more, I just wanted to say that Sewelly could have made his point in a much nicer and less abrasive way.

Not sure how I'm the dick. He's just called their fans twats and sarcastically brought up the unbeaten run because they had the audacity to be happy about a manager they clearly weren't pleased with getting sacked. They watch their club week in week out, home and away, a club that is not on TV regularly - only they would have a true grasp of what is going on at Huddersfield Town. Sure, people will have different opinions but when close to 90% of them on an online poll say they're happy with the decision they I'd be inclined to go with the trend.

I certainly wouldn't be calling them twats just because they sacked a Geordie manager.

Whey, see, I don't agree with this at all. People on the outside don't watch us every week and don't understand the club anyway near as much as the people on here do. I don't think outsiders commenting on Pardew and our season would offer any kind of brilliantly objective analysis that gives a greater perspective, but are just more likely to have a very loose grasp on the situation and give an uninformed viewpoint that is based purely upon our league position and what the media spoonfeeds them.

Most people on here who are criticising Pardew are still happy with our season and realise what a strong position we are in compared to most other teams in the country.

Well, they would give an opinion based on our league position, something that would undoubtedly give them the best idea on our quality. This forum veers so quickly from one extreme to another week by week. It's not a bad thing. It's a pretty natural thing because we're in so deep here, but at the same time many people can lose sight of the bigger picture (ie. our league position). The Huddersfield fans could so easily come to regret their decision, in the way that so many fans do after a change caused by a string of bad results. Things change quickly in football. There's a reason why clubs who act to satisfy public pressure are rarely successful.

That's because we were relegated from the Premiership, so the expectation was instant promotion. Clark took over a team that was in League One.

Huddersfield's expectation was promotion too, not just this season but the last two aswell, they've spent the most in that league by a mile over the last few years and have a bigger budget than a few championship clubs.

Oh, and you mentioned me commenting on other teams and players - some that I don't watch regularly. That is absolutely true, they're just opinions and random musings most of the time and I've no doubt I'm often either wide of the mark or uninformed at times. I'd be more than happy to be corrected by a fan of a club if I was being particularly ignorant to a certain manager for example and I'd atleast be willing to listen to their side of story. I just don't understand how many people have taken this Lee Clark sacking to heart, particularly people of an NUFC persuasion who seem to be pissed off because it's an ex-NUFC player getting the sack but don't have much of a grasp of the situation beyond that.

Said it before but it reminds me of when Allardyce got the sack here and then being told by every man and his dog it was the wrong thing to do, and then having it told to you again when we went down. I have absolutely no doubt if Sam Allardyce had stayed we wouldn't have gone down and almost certainly would have meandered along to mid-table 'success'. That said, I am absolutely delighted that we never did see that come to fruition regardless of what has happened since. It was absolutely clear as day to those that watched us every week that Allardyce was not the right man for this football club. "Deluded Geordie idiots" that was spouted then is the same kind of nonsense the Huddersfield fans are having to put up with at the moment from every man and their dog.

Maybe sacking Lee Clark is a bad decision. We'll never know really regardless of how the new man does.

Sure, but it seems like you've taken out your frustration on NJ Mag, which I think is unfair. Maybe he thinks the Huddersfield fans have overreacted and where the manager is from isn't important at all? I don't see how you can assume that he think they're twats just because they sacked an ex-NUFC player.

And you do?

Glass and houses

Then again, I shouldn't criticize Huddersfield fans much since we ran Sir Bobby out of town when we were what.... 5th? Then the same people talk of him like he was a saint.... shocking and two faced. I guess most people only look at the last result or two. For instance on here its suicidal during some games then five minutes later we are the best thing since sliced bread. It's bi-polar to say the least.

To be honest, I'm just getting sick of these supporters who swing back and forth within a short period of time. Its not just us, I hear call after call of Arsenal and Chelsea fans bitching on because they are 4th/5th in the league.

I guess if we lose the derby some will want Pardew sacked next? Unbelievable.

don't think huddersfield can have too many complaints with clark's record up until to this season.

he took over a shit side on the slide that had more recently been in league two than the championship that could've easily gotten drawn into a relegation battle had ternant stayed but clark turned them around. season after he got them a play-off spot. season after that they were desperately unlucky not to go up, running up an incredible points haul, 2nd highest ever in for 3rd place (17 points clear of 7th), were incredibly hard to beat and lost in a one-off match. it's mad to argue against the job he did.

yet this season, when they were expected to push on, soton and brighton out of the picture, they're actually no better. they still play rough, physical, direct football, still hovering around that 3rd position. i think the sacking is harsh, as they still had a superb chance of promotion this season (and still do) but the side appear to have underachieved this season.