Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

• 1 month later...

Very nice lad. Great coach too. Cannot wait till he's inevitably at the toon

Hasn't he got some sort of beef going on with Ashley. If thats the case it wont be until Ashleys left the club. Didnt get to see much of Huddersfield play. What sort of footy did his side play? Direct or Shortpassing? etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, just like when Kevin Keegan joined us, or Chris Hughton. I know what you're saying and I'm being Ronaldo-esque in reply, but seriously, just take each manager as they. Otherwise standards will get so impossibly high you'll be waiting for Mourhino.

What managers have had a 'successful' managerial job in your opinion?

Hope he gets a new job soon cos i'm curious to see how good a manager he really is. Not for 'zomg he's a geordie so he must manage us eventually' reasons, purely just cos he's a local lad and it'd be nice to see him do well.

I just don't agree with this inevitability talk just because he's a nice guy and was a good player for us.

"cannot wait till he's inevitably at the Toon" makes no sense to me.

Honestly, out of all the coaches i've ever seen. Some of whom that have been international coaches, he's the best i've ever seen.

The enthusiasm in which he deliverd it was phenomenal, and i think it owuld only rub off onto the players. Christ how unlucky was he when he didn't take Huddersfield up?

Highest ever points total in history and not be promoted...

To be fair, Huddersfield fans weren't actually that displeased when he got sacked. Unbeaten but supposedly a lot of negative and dull tactics and playing for draws. I agree with Sewelly. No doubt a top guy and you can understand the comment with his connection to the club, but he's far from proven and we already have a superior manager.