Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

Starting to really like Birmingham now and used to despise them. Hope Clark does well there, another step of his learning really. Will be interesting to see how he can get them playing as Huddersfield were a pretty attacking team weren't they. Surprised a team has not taken a look at Holloway tbh, cracking manager I think.

Guest Roger Kint

Bet he buys Lee Novak from Huddersfield

I thought they had a transfer embargo?

They do. Not sure how close it is to being lifted but it seems all cash they have is going against losses and not players even if it was.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has he named his Assistant yet? Could see Alan Thompson go there.

Wasn't terry mac in the ssn clips holding up the shirt

Guest SweMatt

Hudds played some very good and entertaining football with Clarkie. Birmingham is a much bigger challenge though. Good luck to him.  :)

Terry Mac and Derek Fazackerley.

"Obviously, Terry McDermott has got a huge amount of experience," added Clark. "He was a European Cup and league winner on numerous occasions with Liverpool.

"And, on the management side, he worked alongside Kevin Keegan, Sam Allardyce, Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish.

"And Derek Fazackerley is a first-team coach, who also has massive experience in the Premier League and in the Championship and internationally alongside Kevin Keegan and Sven Goran Eriksson."

"And I like to think they complement myself being more of a younger manager."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18629484

Terry Mac has had a decent career post playing considering he doesn't have a single coaching badge to his name. Keegan decribed him quite deliberately as 'assistant to the manager'

Proof positive that its not what you know, but who know ...

Terry Mac has had a decent career post playing considering he doesn't have a single coaching badge to his name. Keegan decribed him quite deliberately as 'assistant to the manager'

Proof positive that its not what you know, but who know ...

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/8b1edb20c64290165e790a70b6a2e3aa/l.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Lee Clark has revealed it is his ‘dream’ to manage Newcastle United - and that he believes they are one of the best run clubs in the Premier League under Mike Ashley’s stewardship.

Former Magpies midfielder Clark resigned as Blackpool boss at the end of the season after failing to stop the crisis-hit Seasiders slide into League One.

But he says the experience hasn’t dented his confidence, and that he would love to return to St James’s Park one day as manager.

“It would be my dream to manage the club,” said Clark.

“People ask John Carver how he could take the job with the owner not spending, but if you’re a Geordie and you turn down being Newcastle manager, you’ll regret it for life.

“Having a relegation on my CV hurts but it hasn’t knocked my confidence. In hindsight, I regret taking the Blackpool job – but it will help in the future.”

It would be my dream to manage the club.

Lee Clark

Blackpool’s fans invaded the pitch during their last game of the season, at home against Huddersfield, forcing the match to be abandoned as part of their protests against unpopular owner Karl Oyston.

The toxic atmosphere between supporters and the owner has prompted comparisons with Newcastle fans’ dissatisfaction with Mike Ashley.

But Clark insists there are major differences – and he hopes Ashley’s interview before the last game of the season against West Ham will be the start of a new dawn at St James’s Park.

He added: “A lot of people have told me there are similarities between Newcastle and Blackpool, but Mike Ashley presides over one of the best run clubs in the Premier League, judged on sound businesses principles alone – though in football that isn’t always possible.

“That football club dictates people’s lives in Newcastle, they will spend their last penny to go to the match. People say their expectations are too high, delusions of grandeur, but they just want a team that mirrors their passion.

“When I played under Kevin Keegan, he totally understood that. From what Mike Ashley said before the West Ham game, he accepts having exciting players and playing the Geordie way goes with the territory.”

Lee Clark has revealed it is his ‘dream’ to manage Newcastle United - and that he believes they are one of the best run clubs in the Premier League under Mike Ashley’s stewardship.

Former Magpies midfielder Clark resigned as Blackpool boss at the end of the season after failing to stop the crisis-hit Seasiders slide into League One.

But he says the experience hasn’t dented his confidence, and that he would love to return to St James’s Park one day as manager.

“It would be my dream to manage the club,” said Clark.

“People ask John Carver how he could take the job with the owner not spending, but if you’re a Geordie and you turn down being Newcastle manager, you’ll regret it for life.

“Having a relegation on my CV hurts but it hasn’t knocked my confidence. In hindsight, I regret taking the Blackpool job – but it will help in the future.”

It would be my dream to manage the club.

Lee Clark

Blackpool’s fans invaded the pitch during their last game of the season, at home against Huddersfield, forcing the match to be abandoned as part of their protests against unpopular owner Karl Oyston.

The toxic atmosphere between supporters and the owner has prompted comparisons with Newcastle fans’ dissatisfaction with Mike Ashley.

But Clark insists there are major differences – and he hopes Ashley’s interview before the last game of the season against West Ham will be the start of a new dawn at St James’s Park.

He added: “A lot of people have told me there are similarities between Newcastle and Blackpool, but Mike Ashley presides over one of the best run clubs in the Premier League, judged on sound businesses principles alone – though in football that isn’t always possible.

“That football club dictates people’s lives in Newcastle, they will spend their last penny to go to the match. People say their expectations are too high, delusions of grandeur, but they just want a team that mirrors their passion.

“When I played under Kevin Keegan, he totally understood that. From what Mike Ashley said before the West Ham game, he accepts having exciting players and playing the Geordie way goes with the territory.”

Horrible.