Memories from the 70s, 80s, 90s

cp40

i was at a barnsley game when we won 5-0. we had a fire on the terraces to keep us warm.

:lol:

Memories are flooding back, I remember a fire to the right of where we were standing as we were in the middle of our end.

at barnsley we also had the traditional "rolling of the hot dog carts" down that hill at the back of our end. happened every year.

the two vists of Supermacs Fulham side 82-84 were quite memorable, think we lost the first one, 4-1 and keegan missed a penalty. second one, we went from 2-1 to win 3-2 in the last min. Im fairly sure that was the first match for a certain Gimp bloke.

at barnsley we also had the traditional "rolling of the hot dog carts" down that hill at the back of our end. happened every year.

Something like that happened at Leicester except it was turned over on the terraces next to the dividing fence.

the two vists of Supermacs Fulham side 82-84 were quite memorable, think we lost the first one, 4-1 and keegan missed a penalty. second one, we went from 2-1 to win 3-2 in the last min. Im fairly sure that was the first match for a certain Gimp bloke.

Macdonald had Fulham playing some brilliant football.

the 3-2 one was the famous one in the rain and all the steam rising from the fans in the gallowgate.

One of my fondest memories was getting drenched in The Corner at the home game against Charlton - 1984.

I have never been so wet in all my life but the bus ride back to my grans in Walker, and the subsequent bus journey back home to chester-le-street in my grandad's pyjamas still makes me smile to this day.

Those 2 Keegan headers made it all worth while  :snod:

They were an excellent side.Ray Houghton,Gordon Davies and Sean Gale at the back...excellent to watch.Don't know how they didn't go up tbh.

They were an excellent side.Ray Houghton,Gordon Davies and Sean Gale at the back...excellent to watch.Don't know how they didn't go up tbh.

paul parker aswell i think.

One of my fondest memories was getting drenched in The Corner at the home game against Charlton - 1984.

I have never been so wet in all my life but the bus ride back to my grans in Walker, and the subsequent bus journey back home to chester-le-street in my grandad's pyjamas still makes me smile to this day.

Those 2 Keegan headers made it all worth while  :snod:

the ground was dreadful in the rain, there wasn't anywhere to stand that was shelterd. not even the bogs.

The wettest I've ever been at a match was at home to Wrexham, it rained so much the game was abandoned and I'm sure it would have been our lowest league attendance ever if it was finished. 

aye. i'm sure it hoyed it down when it was eventually played and was a very low crowd, probably our lowest since the war.

Macdonald would have done a brilliant job here, I bet he'd have done something along the lines of what Keegan did, maybe not as much but he would have given the club a massive lift.

Did he get sacked for shagging some lass at the club?

paul parker aswell i think.

Yes him too.

aye. i'm sure it hoyed it down when it was eventually played and was a very low crowd, probably our lowest since the war.

I was also at that one.

Which game did we play at home when the flood lights went out?  Was it Man City?

I was also at that one.

Which game did we play at home when the flood lights went out?  Was it Man City?

cant remeber, but which game did we play at home when the scoreboard worked?

I was also at that one.

i'm sure that was everton or ipswich in the late 70's. (i just remember blue top white shorts)

i'm sure that was everton or ipswich in the late 70's. (i just remember blue top white shorts)

I can't remember who it was against but it was weird as my brother had a torch in his pocket for some daft reason.

Anyone remember lads starting fires to keep warm (or cos they were pyromaniacs) on the Gallowgate? I'm sure I do - even when the ground was quite full, like for the 5-0 v Man City in '83 (Beardsley's first display of irrefutable genius)

was in the centre paddock.the day jack Charlton, climed the barrier to confront fans beside the tunnel for booing the team off.

New years day was it 80, or81 against the Makems to come from behind and win 3-1, and the mayhem down the alley.

and the 3-1 new years day 85, beardsley hat-trick and the sendings off, great stuff.