No. 1 striker

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He also flicked on for Shola in Sheff Wed game. That is natural as there is going to be more defenders covering the flick on going forward.

I thought Shola scored directly from the corner in that game, I could be wrong though.

From NUFC.com

15 mins  Steve Harper's long ball was flicked on by Andy Carroll and strike partner Shola Ameobi hit a low angled drive under 'keeper, Lee Grant, into the Gallowgate end net.1-0

Carrolls getting very good at laying it off with his head, he did the same when he played for England also. He's becoming strong in that area which is good to see, he just needs to have better movement in the area himself and use that heading ability to direct some of these into the net.

• 3 months later...
Guest palnese

I voted Shola when this thread was started :doh:

Now it's Løvenkrands when we're at home, and Carroll when we're away. Can't decide between them atm, as they both offer both goals and different qualities when they play.

Guest toonlass

Lovenkrands and Caroll are forming a good partnership, but Lovenkrands would be my first choice. TBH as I said in another thread, they are undroppable at the moment

Carroll has the potential to be a much more effective striker than anyone at the club.

Apart from Ameobi's fitness problems, he is nowhere near the physical threat that Carroll offers defenders.

As he is now 28, Ameobi has only one way to go, whereas Carroll could become an England regular in a few years IF - IF he applies himself to developing his full potential. Even Rob Stewart in the Telegraph thought that Carroll could have a big future...

Lovenkrands is a short-term fix, nothing more, nothing less ; he HAS done better than I expected on the goals front but he too is at, or past, his peak. He will not be a threat in the Prem and will be a squad player.

Carroll could save the club a lot of money in the transfer market but as I said, there is a big question mark over whether he will continue to develop. Even if he does, we will still need a player to play off/with him because`neither of the others are the answer at a higher level.

Andy and Loven is building up something good, seems like they like playing with each other.

With that said, if/when we go to the PL what do we do then?

I`m not that convinced that the team we have now won't make it in the PL, it seems we finally have a team that likes to play together, why ruin it by buying too many new players?

Strengthening the squad is a must but just not over do it, put quality were it's needed.

Ashley won't splash the cash anyways so maybe not to much to worry about anyways.

Urgh..