No. 1 striker

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Makes no difference who is No1 now, none of them will be good enough next year if we are to have any hope. Of them all Carroll will probably get about 5 goals, another area which need investment.

Shola might have reverted back to being shite again when he returns from injury. He had the odd purple patch when we were in the Premiership. I agree that none of our strikers are currently Premiership standard. It's not like any of them have been prolific, regular goal scorers in the Championship so far.

Guest Roger Kint

He's right though, none of them are premiership strikers.

Irrelevant to the thread.

Ok sorry but who cares who is the No1 now? Does it change our need to replace them or is the prestige of winning the first ever 'N-O Top Striker Before Halfway Through The Season Award' going to help us in some way?

Its a lot more relevant than your pointless contribution in all fairness ;D

He's right though, none of them are premiership strikers.

Irrelevant to the thread.

Ok sorry but who cares who is the No1 now? Does it change our need to replace them or is the prestige of winning the first ever 'N-O Top Striker Before Halfway Through The Season Award' going to help us in some way?

Its a lot more relevant than your pointless contribution in all fairness ;D

No it isn't.

At least my post relates to the topic rather than being arsey, that alone makes it more relevant

I'd at least say my point was equally as irrelevant to yours

This is a silly conversation :lol:

I agree with the sentiment in that they're not good enough for the Prem, but to say something isn't worth discussing because of that fact would shit on 95% of the threads on here.

We all know how Shola is.. it'll take him at least five full games to get 'fit' and by that time we'll already be sick of his donkey displays, then he'll score a couple of goals and get injured again. Sell the fucker at the first offer, I say.

Andy Carroll is where it's at.. This lad is the perfect heavy target man and if we play Lovenkrands and Ranger/Nolan next to him, we'll always score goals in this division.

Looking at it, i think we have too many forwards for the Championship and nobody for the Premiership. But fuck it, lets get there first.

Guest Roger Kint

At least my post relates to the topic rather than being arsey, that alone makes it more relevant

I'd at least say my point was equally as irrelevant to yours

This is a silly conversation :lol:

I agree with the sentiment in that they're not good enough for the Prem, but to say something isn't worth discussing because of that fact would s*** on 95% of the threads on here.

I will just leave you to it, you have dragged it far enough off topic without me helping you.

Shola might have reverted back to being s**** again when he returns from injury. He had the odd purple patch when we were in the Premiership. I agree that none of our strikers are currently Premiership standard. It's not like any of them have been prolific, regular goal scorers in the Championship so far.

Agree. He was absolutely abysmal against WBA the week before the Reading game and was lucky not to have been dropped.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

We all know how Shola is.. it'll take him at least five full games to get 'fit' and by that time we'll already be sick of his donkey displays, then he'll score a couple of goals and get injured again. Sell the f***er at the first offer, I say.

Andy Carroll is where it's at.. This lad is the perfect heavy target man and if we play Lovenkrands and Ranger/Nolan next to him, we'll always score goals in this division.

Looking at it, i think we have too many forwards for the Championship and nobody for the Premiership. But f*** it, lets get there first.

This

Currently Carroll, hopefully Shola. I share the fears that he may have reverted back to type, as he has done so many times immediately after injury. He wasn't that fit prior to getting knacked this season.

Hopefully Lovenkrands has worked his way into Hughton's plans now, however. Saturday proved what a bit of zip and pace can do to opposition defenders in this league.

Currently Carroll, hopefully Shola. I share the fears that he may have reverted back to type, as he has done so many times immediately after injury. He wasn't that fit prior to getting knacked this season.

Hopefully Lovenkrands has worked his way into Hughton's plans now, however. Saturday proved what a bit of zip and pace can do to opposition defenders in this league.

I wonder if Shola's actually any good, I was at a wedding for the hat-trick game so didn't see the full performance (obv seen the goals) but he was as shite as ever against West Brom, I was laughing at full time with the lad next to me about how he wasn't even good enough for this league. Obviously he's a god mind.

I wonder if Shola's actually any good, I was at a wedding for the hat-trick game so didn't see the full performance (obv seen the goals) but he was as s**** as ever against West Brom, I was laughing at full time with the lad next to me about how he wasn't even good enough for this league. Obviously he's a god mind.

he was really bad at west brom like, i'm sure it was he that booted harper in the head and harper went off.

that said he did well after that until his injury but he could have had 5/6 in his hat trick game iirc

Guest DarkSchneider

Lövenkrands is the only one with pace. And he can pass I think. We need him.

I think Ameobi can be the best of the lot, if he stays fit for 1 whole season, because I still think he has the ability.

Would really love to see this two playing together this season.

Caroll is woefully slow. I think the best he can hope to achieve is being a poor man's Crouch.

Ranger needs to score.

Harewood is not needed...

I wonder if Shola's actually any good, I was at a wedding for the hat-trick game so didn't see the full performance (obv seen the goals) but he was as s**** as ever against West Brom, I was laughing at full time with the lad next to me about how he wasn't even good enough for this league. Obviously he's a god mind.

he was really bad at west brom like, i'm sure it was he that booted harper in the head and harper went off.

that said he did well after that until his injury but he could have had 5/6 in his hat trick game iirc

It was him, yeah. I remember thinking his movement was woeful in that game, whenever someone was looking to put in a cross he never did anything to lose his marker, just ambled into the area. He looked like he could have played for a month and never scored that day.